30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• breannk
    Options
    just finished day 1! yeeeeah we can do this! :)
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Good morning shredders!!!! Don't forget day 2, level one!!!! We can do this!!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Just posted a thread about starting today and then noticed this one! I'll be joining you as of this afternoon if thats ok, I'm only one day behind!
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here... I'm one day behind but jumping on board!!
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Just finished day two. I'm thinking I might be favoring my left side, my right calf is way more sore than the left. It make it interesting when I walk!! LOL I'm feeling pretty good though, I feel like I'm working just as hard as if Jillian were standing in my living room yelling at me!! Having a little trouble with the side lunges and the bicep curl/lunges. I've had surgery on both of my knees and they just don't feel very strong. I'll have to work on my quadriceps a little more!! Good luck everyone, let me know how it's going!!!

Welcome aboard Kate & Theemstress!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Hey shredders!!!! Haven't heard from anyone today!!! What's up????? Just finished day 3 of level one. Thinking that maybe I pulled a calf muscle. Thought at first that it was just sore but it's a different kind of hurt than the rest of my body and it's getting worse not better. My husband, former high school athlete with lots of past injuries, encouraged me to ice/heat it. Getting ready to do that then ibuprofen maybe even a muscle rub. Hope to hear from ya'll soon if not Imma gonna come lookin for ya!!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Ok peeps...last chance...tomorrow I'm gonna track you down!!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Well it looks like I'm on my own on this one. I just finished Day 5 of level one!! Hope everyone else is doing it and just forgetting to log it in!!
  • ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    i'm just waiting for mine to come through the post- sometime this week, cant wait!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You sound lonely--
    I started the Shred between groups here and did it on my own. I have not skipped a day and have only five more days to go.
    Keep posting and let us all know how well you are doing. It gets hard, but I feel great--I know you will too.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    I'm still in, day 4 today. I've just not been posting on this thread! There are quite a few of us posting on the thread '30 day shred starting today. Any takers?'

Yesterday (day 3) was torture! I was aching so much after day 2 but I battled on anyway. Although I'll admit that I didn't give the first cardio set my all and had to stop twice. Woke up feeling considerably less achy this morning, so looking forawrd to giving it some wellie tonight once my little on is in bed.
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'll join the Shred a few days late. I just got the video last week so it's time I popped it open and into the DVD player. I need some accountability and a bit of a buddy network. I'm feeling the pull of the holiday yummies calling my name and like a zombie I stumble my way over to them.
    ~Melanie
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    can i join in too?

i've just started today, what a killer. i'm really going to ache in the morning. :ohwell:

i doubt that'll i'll be fit enough to move up to level two after only ten days so it's probably going to be more like the 60 day shred! :laugh:
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did 3 days of shred, 3rd day seemed to be easier... then this weekend I missed 2 days in a row and got up early sunday and thought I would do it before church - NOT
    I don't know if it was missing 2 days, or I was overly tired.... it kicked my butt! I couldn't finish it!!!!!!!!!! I felt like a failure!!!!!!!!!!
    I am gonna do it tonight...... we'll see how that goes!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Today (day 4) was sooo much easier than yesterday, which almost killed me! I'm really getting into this now! Bring on day 5!
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Yay glad to have some company!! I was lonley!!! I did day 5 today and I'm feeling pretty great. Not as sore!! Planning on stepping up to level 2 on day 11. Thanks for jumping on board!!!
  • Brighteyes_7916
    Options
    How do we track this in our exercise folder???
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Brighteyes, some people put it under circuit training. I personally looked it up online and found a formula to figure the calories then i added it to my exercise database. For me, 204 pounds, I burn 335 calories for 26 minutes.
  • NikkiJ17
    Options
    Hey peeps, just finished day 6! Didn't feel as easy as day 5 but I'm not feeling the greatest today. Really tired for some reason!! Oh well. I'm 1.9 pounds away from my Thanksgiving day goal, not sure if I'll make it but I'm gonna try. Looking at salads today and tomorrow and definitely more SHREDDING!!!