Always feeling hungry and failing at my diet...

Options
2»

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    play with your food - I think 1700 low - increase it a bit - my son is 23 and I could never imagine him restricted to 1700 a day and he isn't a big eater despite his 6'4" stature - I agree that you need more protein - when you start exercising more make sure you eat back some or most of those calories and don't expect the weight to drop too fast - slow and steady progress will be more beneficial in the long run - if you go on a "crash" diet to drop the weight fast it is likely that you would gain it back - better to keep logging and pay attention to the things you are eating - it's all a learning experience and you will figure out what works for you - when I am feeling really hungry I don't eat cauliflower I eat protein. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Alright, so add protein, maybe 300 cals a day and ill be good? I am also thinking of starting T25 to go with it all. I have heard from quite a few buds that T25 keeps them more than in shape for PT test(I hate working out if yall havent guessed lol).

sounds better...

you dont have to work out to lose weight, but you'll look a hell of a lot better naked if you do!
  • AFWXDUDE
    AFWXDUDE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ill pass that last one onto my wife Toad, shell thank you ;)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You have one of the most dull and boring food diaries I've ever seen. Where is the fruit and vegetables? Vary it up make it more interesting don't be scared of carbs. Eat well normal food just less of it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have found that low-calorie protein and fiber keeps me full for much longer periods of time. Fish, chicken, apples, etc. allow me to eat larger amounts of food and stay full longer. Also, drink lots of water, which will also help keep you full.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I exercise a bit, but the 1700 is the total caloretic intake per day im supposed to do if not exercising. Even on days I am exercising id like to stick to this. I have been eating roughly 2700 calories a day for the last couple years and want to start losing 2 lbs a week, which is why im trying to stick to 1700.

2 pounds a week is really aggressive and just because you want to do something does not mean that it is the best course for you. You say that you are "hungry and failing" at your diet…so instead of eating 1700 why don't you go up to 1950 and see how you feel? That is still aggressive and would put you at 1.5 pound per week loss….

The pat you are are on is going to lead to eventual breakdown and failure, you have already identified the problem so now you need to fix it. Is it worth it to lose four more pounds in two weeks only to quit; or would you rather have sustainable long term weight loss and keep the weight off for the long term.

Also, you do not need to eat 100% healthy…you can follow the 80/20 rule..80% healthy, 20% whatever you want ice cream, pizza, cookies, etc..
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 1 pound per week, or half a pound a week. Losing 2 pounds is too aggressive for you because you do not have a lot to lose.

Men should not eat less than 1800 calories a day (unless directed by a doctor). You can eat more than that and still lose weight.

Also this. 2 pounds per week can be difficult to keep up with unless you want to exercise a significant amount. 1 pound will probably be much easier to handle.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I eat 2400/day. 1700 is what I would eat if I didn't do any exercise, and I'm a 45 yo woman. You need to find something you can sustain. Fast isn't always best.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Just a thought: if you're hungry all the time, you'll fail again at your diet and not lose ANY weight. So, why not aim for an easier deficit and some weight loss rather than a huge deficit and no weight loss?

And to echo the post above. I'm a 44 yo woman, 5'9" and 1700 calories is my sedentary weight loss calorie level. I usually eat more like 1900 and lose about 1lb a week.