foods you didn't know where bad before the interweb...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
pasturized milk, all fat %'s

legumes

whole grains

all animal proteins particularly casein

grain fed beef

potatoes

corn

bananas and other fruits (fat loss inhibitors)

Vegetable oil

That was about it for me. Really was an eye opener when i started posted on message boards with a particular interest in health and fitness about 12 years ago.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    rofl, beef and other fruits?

Stop reading Dr. Oz!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm torn and don't know what to think, I read that pizza is bad because it has flour, cheese and meat on it but then I see that the US congress deems it a vegetable source for children in schools!?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Anything GMO. Had no idea this was a thing.

Peanut butter.(regular Skippy)

All wheat.(grains, really)

All sugar.

White rice.

You know, everything i've been eating for the last 48 years...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    the worldwidewebs have convinced me that all food is "bad" but that i can still eat some "healthy" things like cauliflower, lettuce, water, and celery. i dont bother with anything else at this point.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    grains, legumes, quinoa.... pretty much anything on the paleo no-no list.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Everything except veggies and fruit. But then only organic and not bananas.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread. I personally don't believe any of those whole food are inherently "bad." Would I eat potatoes every single meal? No. Would I eat beef every single meal? No. But in moderation - yes. Potatoes - potassium source. Beef - iron source.

Now beans and fruits... nonsense. High fiber, whole foods...
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...

Totally agree.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Everything except water harvested from the most remote glaciers of Norway. :indifferent:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I think you have to read a lot of sources before you lable foods as bad, unless it is overly processed.

I figure the close it is to the way it came out of the ground the better i.e. I will continue to eat potatoes and corn on the cobb reguardless of thier carb content. I love beans too particularly the one from my garden

Same goes for my meet the less processed the better. I don't plan to stop eating beefo or pork chops anytime soon.

All that said I eat in moderation. Cheezits are still my favorite road trip snack.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Everything except water harvested from the most remote glaciers of Norway. :indifferent:

Wrong. Polluted with caveman urine.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Did someone say cheezits?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think you have to read a lot of sources before you lable foods as bad, unless it is overly processed.

How about we just say, "read a lot of SCIENTIFIC sources before..."

That way, we immediately cut out snake oil salesmen, and just go with facts.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and bananas

I also didn't know how many things could be made out of cauliflower.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Did someone say cheezits?

I had this idea. Caramelized bacon ground down, added to cream cheese with mint, caramelized onions, bourbon, cumin, nutmeg, black pepper, lemon zest, and pecans.

Rolled in cheezits that have been crushed up.

What say you?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I can't tell if serious.

There is no such thing as bad food. So, that's the serious part, and the truth.

I heard sugar is the devil. But, what's weird about that, is I eat the **** out of it, and still seem to hit my goals. Weird, eh?

*cough* it's the WHITE devil!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every food... bananas, fish, spinach, bacon, ice, quinoa... consume food at your own risk.