foods you didn't know where bad before the interweb...

Options

Replies

• emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    no ones mentioned cheese yet, im glad.. gotta love me some cheese
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm torn and don't know what to think, I read that pizza is bad because it has flour, cheese and meat on it but then I see that the US congress deems it a vegetable source for children in schools!?

Haha very good!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    pasturized milk, all fat %'s

legumes

whole grains

all animal proteins particularly casein

grain fed beef

potatoes

corn

bananas and other fruits (fat loss inhibitors)

Vegetable oil

That was about it for me. Really was an eye opener when i started posted on message boards with a particular interest in health and fitness about 12 years ago.
    They're bad for people who believe they are. Good thing I'm not one of them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The wheat thing is crazy. Makes me think. I don't really eat a ton, so I'm not going to worry about it. But it gives one pause to think we've somehow messed up all the wheat.

Not "bad" I guess, but I didn't realize how many carbs I ate and how many calories it consumed. Whole wheat pasta used to be "health food" for me. And I love rice. But can't have much of either if I'm going to stay in my calorie goals.
  • wonkosane
    wonkosane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only eat cheese processed by virgins during a new moon.

You couldn't be more wrong. Virgin cheese is the worst. It just lays there on the plate expecting you to do all the work.

Seriously. The. Worst.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Twinkies, Ho Hos and ding dongs- but if we have a zombie apocalypse and these are the last things I am totally eating them :laugh:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LOL

Bad is subjective IMO. Just like "better". We're all different!
  • fruitikay
    fruitikay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, bananas are not "bad" for you people. Sure, they have some sugar and carbs. If you're low carb, then you can limit your intake of these, but they are in no way "bad." If you limit your intake to no more than one a day than you'll be fine. For non-diabetic healthy people, eating bananas is a healthy thing if added to a balanced diet. They provide great potassium and magnesium. One could find an overly processed packaged food that is less calories, less carbs, and less sugar than a banana, but that doesn't mean it's better for you than a banana. I'd take the whole food over the processed food that contains high fructose corn syrup in place of real sugar. Plus, bananas have complex carbs and good sugars. Just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine. They are also great to add to a green smoothie.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...

ditto... :laugh:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ok, bananas are not "bad" for you people. Sure, they have some sugar and carbs. If you're low carb, then you can limit your intake of these, but they are in no way "bad." If you limit your intake to no more than one a day than you'll be fine. For non-diabetic healthy people, eating bananas is a healthy thing if added to a balanced diet. They provide great potassium and magnesium. One could find an overly processed packaged food that is less calories, less carbs, and less sugar than a banana, but that doesn't mean it's better for you than a banana. I'd take the whole food over the processed food that contains high fructose corn syrup in place of real sugar. Plus, bananas have complex carbs and good sugars. Just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine. They are also great to add to a green smoothie.

Obviously a satanist....
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    the worldwidewebs have convinced me that all food is "bad" but that i can still eat some "healthy" things like cauliflower, lettuce, water, and celery. i dont bother with anything else at this point.

Ya, I'm starting to not want to eat because we know so little about how food effects our bodies!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Twinkies, Ho Hos and ding dongs- but if we have a zombie apocalypse and these are the last things I am totally eating them :laugh:

Yes, Ho Hos are bad to eat. Or, I'd imagine they are - no matter how many times they've been tested.

Twinkies and Ding Dongs? Not for me.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I only eat cheese processed by virgins during a new moon.

You couldn't be more wrong. Virgin cheese is the worst. It just lays there on the plate expecting you to do all the work.

Seriously. The. Worst.
    But the taste is untainted, and I will never have to worry if it's comparing me to past experiences.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Everything except water harvested from the most remote glaciers of Norway. :indifferent:

Nope, contaminated by Chernobyl radiation. You need to get it from the most remote glaciers of Iceland. :bigsmile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Hey are raspberries bad too? or just their ketones?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Banana's are bad according to my Scandanavian Neanderthal diet... it isn't what my ancestors ate, therefore I cannot eat it and it's bad for me.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I honestly had no idea dairy milk contained sugar before tracking.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The internet has yet to convince me that any food is bad. The only things qualified to make that determination are my taste buds!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...there is no such thing as a "bad" food.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    how do people think potatoes and bananas are bad
    and legumes
    and grains
    wat
    plz
    stop