foods you didn't know where bad before the interweb...

Options

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    the worldwidewebs have convinced me that all food is "bad" but that i can still eat some "healthy" things like cauliflower, lettuce, water, and celery. i dont bother with anything else at this point.
    Same here! :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I only eat cheese processed by virgins during a new moon.

You couldn't be more wrong. Virgin cheese is the worst. It just lays there on the plate expecting you to do all the work.

Seriously. The. Worst.

Except it doesn't yet know enough to say, "I *don't* do THAT!"
  • dbmata
    Options
    I honestly had no idea dairy milk contained sugar before tracking.

Really? Lactose?
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Really? Lactose?

I never really drink milk and never label read or paid attention to any of it. Almond milk, ftw!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Really? Lactose?
    The telling suffix.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprout, because they smell & taste like sweaty feet. Peaches, because they taste like sweat. Everything else is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    WTH kind of peaches are you eating?!
  • dbmata
    Options

Really? Lactose?
    The telling suffix.

Indeed!
  • fruitikay
    fruitikay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ha.
  • HealthfulLife
    HealthfulLife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This must be a joke, right?
    Haha
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprout, because they smell & taste like sweaty feet. Peaches, because they taste like sweat. Everything else is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how the hell can they taste like sweat? oh god
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For the record, my reply to this thread was sarcasm, I actually thought the OP was joking...
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    All food and drink (yes, even water) is evil. You must stop eating and drinking now lest we all die eventually!
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options

how the hell can they taste like sweat? oh god

I made a point to retry everything I hated as a kids. I now love most of those foods I used to dislike, but to this day, I still can't stand peaches. Must be my unique tastebuds, shrug. :ohwell:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    "Not sure if serious."

But yes, before I spent time properly researching stuff on the interned I did used to think food could be 'bad'.
    Thankfully, the vast majority of research points to the opposite.

Apart from bananas. They are bad.
    Ok, bananas are not "bad" for you people. Sure, they have some sugar and carbs. If you're low carb, then you can limit your intake of these, but they are in no way "bad." If you limit your intake to no more than one a day than you'll be fine. For non-diabetic healthy people, eating bananas is a healthy thing if added to a balanced diet. They provide great potassium and magnesium. One could find an overly processed packaged food that is less calories, less carbs, and less sugar than a banana, but that doesn't mean it's better for you than a banana. I'd take the whole food over the processed food that contains high fructose corn syrup in place of real sugar. Plus, bananas have complex carbs and good sugars. Just don't overdo it, and you'll be fine. They are also great to add to a green smoothie.
    But bananas are more toxic than artificial sweeteners in soft drinks like zero?
    It's been shown that if two people started consuming cans of coke zero and bananas at the same rate, the one eating bananas would die first because they are more 'toxic'!

So there you have it; bananas are EVEN WORSE than the deadly artificial sweeteners.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Ok, I made up that "it's been shown", if someone has done research into it, I'm not aware of it.
    BUT, it's pretty likely to be true anyway - the most deadly/toxic ingredient in Coke Zero is water, by the way.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In the 1973 movie "Sleeper", Woody Allen's character wakes up after being asleep for 200 yrs... the following conversation ensues:

Dr. Melik: This morning for breakfast he requested something called "wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk."

Dr. Aragon: [chuckling] Oh, yes. Those are the charmed substances that some years ago were thought to contain life-preserving properties.

Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies or... hot fudge?

Dr. Aragon: Those were thought to be unhealthy... precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.

Dr. Melik: Incredible.

Whenever I hear debates of good foods vs bad foods, I can't help but think of that movie...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    raw milk
    Oreos
    meat
    wheat
    corn
    peanuts
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...

Totally agree.

Are you guys indicating that you have never seen foods being demonized online?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    complains-about-chemicals-in-food-takes-acid-from-strangers-thumb.jpg

I think she is one of my FB friends! :laugh: