What things trigger YOU to wreck your eating habits?

Options
Was just thinking about this!

Eg: I'm sitting here eating a bag of chips because I've been trying to organise a birthday celebration for myself and none of my friends seem interested in the least. :grumble:

So what little things cause you to throw all your good eating habits out the window??

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Just one small slip up and for some reason I think I should just eat anything I want for the day!! Uugghhhh so frustrating! !
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Boredom.
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    I am definitely an emotional eater, so if something really upsets me I want comfort food in the worst way. Trying to work on that, and sorry to hear your friends seem uninterested in your birthday :(
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    It's usually a sudden craving for something I haven't had in a long time. It'll strike out of nowhere, too. Most of the time I can shrug it off, but every once in a while, I get one so strong that I won't be able to concentrate or sleep until I satisfy the craving somehow. It may not be exactly what I wanted, but I'll find something close enough that my brain's like, "Ok, I'll let it slide for now" and then resume my regular eating habits.

I had one day, in the middle of an otherwise healthy dieting period, where I got dressed and went to Taco Bell at 3 AM. I was messing around on the computer and suddenly became aware that Taco Bell was not just what I suddenly wanted, but was apparently the single most important thing on the face of the planet. I disregarded it for a solid hour before finally snapping and gorging myself on pretend-Mexican fast food.

It doesn't happen often, but the rare time that it does, it's like a physical need that I can't ignore.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater here. I will eat when stressed, when anxious, when bored, when lonely. Or sometimes I will eat when I'm perfectly happy and just want a hit of sugar to make me feel a little better.

Sorry to hear about your friends, OP. I hope you have a great birthday whether they take part or not.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    haha Taco Bell is definitely a legitimate craving! Yeah emotions getting high seems to be the common theme here :frown:

And thanks guys! But I do have a history of bitterly disappointing birthdays hahah
  • djemberhythm
    Options
    The Weather.

For real though. When winter hits, the last thing I want to do is eat an ice cold salad, with cold chicken, cold dressing, cold veggies etc. I want soup, and warming foods which unfortunately have higher caloric content. In the summer, all I eat is fruit, veggies, and lean meats.

Other than that, nothing really wrecks my habits. :D
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The Weather.

For real though. When winter hits, the last thing I want to do is eat an ice cold salad, with cold chicken, cold dressing, cold veggies etc. I want soup, and warming foods which unfortunately have higher caloric content. In the summer, all I eat is fruit, veggies, and lean meats.

Other than that, nothing really wrecks my habits. :D

I don't care much for salads, but there are TONS of good soups you can make that are low-calorie. A plain veggie soup with a few beans or some lean chicken in a non-creamy broth is not high calorie at all. Great stuff for winter. If you search the forums, you can probably find some good recipes.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Potato chips and french fries hands down.

They are my Kryptonite.
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sadness. Anger.
  • GeekyKellie
    Options
    Sadness, mostly. If I have a frustrating day at work or college, I want to go out to eat with my boyfriend to make myself happy again. That was our routine for like...the past three years. It's hard to break.
  • Breepa123
    Breepa123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Hands down alcohol. I have no problems meeting my calorie goals and macros when I go for periods of time without drinking. But if I go out for one or two at happy hour or drink a glass of wine while cooking dinner it turns into me munching on anything I can get my hands on after that. And then the day after I'm a bottomless pit, which also doesn't help with healthy eating habits. :ohwell:
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just one small slip up and for some reason I think I should just eat anything I want for the day!! Uugghhhh so frustrating! !

This is me, too. But I've been getting better. Somehow. To my utter and disbelieving surprise.

Also, I tend to be triggered to screw up when I don't get to eat the way I normally do--like if I have to go away for a trip. I try to do well and I always end up caving. Usually for pizza. Or cake.
  • myaiki
    myaiki Posts: 10
    Options
    Nighttime. I finish work at around 11 p.m., and if I bother eating anything after that point, I will totally binge. So I have to keep myself in check and just go straight to bed after work.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Late nights with my fiance. Stress, going out for drinks, or being at a party ( I always crave those damn tacos or burritos at 1 am). Being out and about!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Watching TV!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It wasn't uncommon for me to watch an episode of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and then find myself in the kitchen at midnight making a cheeseburger.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1) Boredom
    2) The simple fact it is just there
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    emotinal eater here too. Sugar and chips hands down.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My bf wanted taco bell and I was hungry.....thats usually what happens for me