foods you didn't know where bad before the interweb...

Options
123457»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Everything is bad for you. Even water makes it hard for you to drop weight (or so I've read on these forums.)

I'm on a strict air and sunlight diet now.
    I hope you wear sunscreen and that air isn't polluted.

Seriously, I drink 16-17 8 oz. glasses of water a day, it helps keep things flowing.

I'm black, we don't wear sunscreen and have a very low skin cancer rate so I'm safe in that regard. I researched my diet. It's backed up by internet articles! You clearly aren't educated enough to get it; I'd explain but I don't have time.

I do have time to type this.

And this

And that. That.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    OP, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, and all other "documentaries" like it are going to rot your brain and make you seem unintelligent. Besides, everyone knows that ALL foods are bad because they have a chemical makeup, and chemicals are poison. Incidentally, I was unaware until yesterday that American food is especially toxic and kills Japanese babies. Thank you Algore for your interwebs, now I'm edumacated. :noway:

Rigger

this was eye opening to me too. glad i never fed MY babies American food! :huh:

I'm just glad my kids didn't come out Japanese, aside from the serious issues I would have with my wife, the poor kids would have been poisoned by my American diet. Luckily, my kids are American and have managed to survive all the toxins.

Rigger

Right! I guess they were properly "bred" to handle our "American ways"...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    complains-about-chemicals-in-food-takes-acid-from-strangers-thumb.jpg

I think she is one of my FB friends! :laugh:

Are you sure that's a "she"?
  • TR0berts
    Options
    Nrigger, what are you talking about with the dying Japanese babies?

that was SO close to being bannably offensive.

Yep - I missed the first "r" when I saw that. Was like :noway:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Everything is bad for you. Even water makes it hard for you to drop weight (or so I've read on these forums.)

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer
    Sunlight is so bad it can kill the immortal vampires!

Not the shiny ones!
    Those aren't real!:grumble:

:angry:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    complains-about-chemicals-in-food-takes-acid-from-strangers-thumb.jpg

I think she is one of my FB friends! :laugh:

Are you sure that's a "she"?

Not at all, especially considering the diversity of my FL! :laugh:

:tongue:
  • TR0berts
    Options
    The "funny" thing is: when I saw that picture the first few times, I actually thought it was a guy. But, yeah - there might be some breasts behind the sweatshirt.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer

Not the shiny ones!

:flowerforyou: I didn't mean it!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The "funny" thing is: when I saw that picture the first few times, I actually thought it was a guy. But, yeah - there might be some breasts behind the sweatshirt.

I know a girl who looks a lot like that, minus the dreds.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've realized to be bad for me is eating too much. I always thought that "well I don't think I'm eating more than 2000 kcals, and that's the average intake for a human being" lol nope, I wasn't eating that low and anyway I was eating enough to get fat, I didn't know certain foods could have so many calories. And I was also lacking basing maths I guess. Now I know I can eat anything but I can't exceed if I want to lose weight, and I will never be able to exceed if I don't want to get fat again. The most hurtful thing I've learn being on here is that MY idea of eating what I want and what I need throughout the day equals OVEREATING. And not by 100 kcals. I've learnt that I am not so lucky considering that apart from working out and walking I do nothing all day long, and my TDEE is low enough not to allow me to eat as much as I want to.

The only foods I'm trying to avoid are the ones that provides too many calories without actually satisfying me, but I'm not planning to avoid them forever, maybe when I'll be on mainteinance and my life will be more active I'll be able to have some of those foods once in a while without getting fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer

Not the shiny ones!

:flowerforyou: I didn't mean it!

tumblr_inline_mixmzez8bu1qz4rgp.gif

:happy:
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    HaHa!
  • AmplifiedHeart
    Options
    Grains
    Refined sugars
    Soy
    Conventtional milk
    Legumes (not inherently bad but you can get more bank for your buck elsewhere)
    Grilled chicken from kfc.(.figured it was just grilled chicken until I read the long ingredients list online,bleh)
    Fructose (again,not inherently bad,just not as good as I thought it was before)
    Artificial sweeteners
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Malt liquor, before MFP I was putting it iny coffee every morning. Now I switched
    to nice healthy Gin for my am pick me up.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...

Totally agree.

Are you guys indicating that you have never seen foods being demonized online?

Quite the opposite … That's why I was expecting a satire thread. But too many of the responses seemed genuine, at least as early as my first post. Now I'm getting some giggles.

ETA:

If the OP wasn't being sarcastic, then an alien has now possessed him, and everyone should reset their passwords. :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :drinker: :smokin:

This is good to know … I was thinking this was the case but couldn't recall. :tongue:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I hope you wear sunscreen and that air isn't polluted.

Seriously, I drink 16-17 8 oz. glasses of water a day, it helps keep things flowing.

I'm black, we don't wear sunscreen and have a very low skin cancer rate so I'm safe in that regard. I researched my diet. It's backed up by internet articles! You clearly aren't educated enough to get it; I'd explain but I don't have time.

I do have time to type this.

And this

And that. That.

My my. You win.