Question for "Athletic Build" ladies

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have always had an athletic build...to the point that I joined the military in a male dominated trade and did well.

I am 5ft 7, currently weigh 162...at my smallest in the military I was 158 and not as "tight" as I am now...I could lift more then, run farther but I am getting there.

My goals are simple...20-23% BF....7 chin ups...bench body weight, DL 2x BW....you know the norm
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6.5" and was at my goal weight of 155 yesterday morning. (My official weigh in day is Sunday, so we'll see if I'm still 155 then I guess.) I am definitely a stocky girl, all of the girls on my mom's side of the family are and most of the ones on my dad's side. Most of them are much taller than me, but there is nothing to be done about the 4-5 inches that I didn't grow as a kid, if I were taller, I would be skeletal at my current weight. I know because I was skeletal at 138 when I was struggling with an eating disorder and BF% in the single digits. My current BF% is close to 27% and my goal is to get that to 24%, but I'm not really in a hurry about it.
  • lannasster
    Options
    I'm 5'2"...played sports my entire life...always had hips, boobs and a butt. At my lowest and my now "goal" weight, I weighed about 125. Right now I'm aiming to get back to my pre-college weight which was about 130. If I make it there and decide I'd like to lean out more, I will.
  • lizafava2
    Options
    I am 5'5 with an extremely large frame (according to those old charts) - big muscles, big bones. When I was thin and fit I weighed around 160. Any lighter was the result of eating disorders with massive muscle loss.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    @ 5'6" 160lbs I was at 19% body fat and wearing a bikini last year. Went from a size 13 to 6 in 5 1/2 months. I struggled with alcohol dependency in the latter part of the year and gained back 20lbs. Everyone is different, I realized finally after many years of fad diets that I will always have a good amount of muscle mass and getting under 150lbs at the most isn't realistic or healthy.
  • crossfitmommy79
    crossfitmommy79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I lift heavy. I'm shooting for 165-170.
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Goal: 5'8" - 130lbs with 22% body fat. Last time I was at 22% BF was when I was a competitive swimmer and in a pool 12 hours a week + 4-6 hours of soccer a week.

Frustratingly when I weighted that I was still a size 8 (stupid broad shoulders and wide hips). Could get a 6 over my hips but would have ripped the seams if I tried to take a step and it definitely wouldn't zip up.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    5'6" I have a naturally athletic build (I had little quad shelf cuts in elementary school :laugh: ) I also pick things up and put them down. My current goal is 165 with around 20% bf. I'll adjust as necessary.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and have a fairly athletic build in that I'm pretty lean, not very curvy and I develop muscle and definition pretty easily with weight training. My weight hovers around 128-129 and I wear size 4/6. When I was heavier I was up to a size 12 and about 157 lbs and but I never got curvy, just soft and pudgy mostly around the hips and thighs. I don't let my weight get lower than it is now, I start to look gaunt in my face. I wouldn't really care if I gained a few pounds more from weight training as long as I stay lean.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 125 lb, and a size 4/XS. Most people guess I am closer to 115 pounds. If you are more muscular, you will look "lighter" than you really are.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    If you lift heavy or were born with a more athletic/"stocky" build, what is your height and goal weight?

As a 5'4" woman, I am trying to figure out where I should set my goal weight...I'd like to be realistic, since I have always had very muscular legs and a trainer told me I had a more athletic body type (under all the fat, haha). I plan to start lifting and want to know a reasonable size to shoot for. Where are *you* at, or where are you headed?

Btw, I KNOW that lifting won't make me huge...but I am aware that muscle does weigh more than fat.
    I am 5 ft 4 1/2 and have an athletic build and a larger frame, meaning my wrist measures 6.5 at the boniest portion. My goal weight was 150, but even trying to maintain I am now 145-146. I never thought I would be this small (the weight number, if you will, is not that small, but I often get complimented by others that I look fit and trim), and I am loving it. I feel good, like how I look in my clothes, and am continuing to work hard so that I can maintain this weight.

What is your goal weight? Do you believe that you have a muscular build?

It's all about what weight you feel best at.
  • ShoeGal78
    ShoeGal78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'6 and consider myself a fairly athletic build but I have a small frame - I'm maintaining between 122 - 124lbs and I have assessed my bodyfat % at around 17ish%. I lift heavy 3 times a week with the occasional bout of HIIT.

I'm a UK size 8 - 10 and have a lot of trouble finding trousers that fit due to my muscular quads and small waist!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 (and a half) and I am most comfortable around between 140 (very lean) and 150lbs (lean). I used to take bets on my weight, no one ever believed me I was 150.
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4 with an athletic build. I have broad shoulders, wide hips, and am naturally quite muscular. Frame size charts tell me I have a large frame.

I currently weigh 139lbs and look absolutely fantastic. I'm at about 23% body fat, which is what I like - muscular and strong with enough fat to have curves that make me feel feminine. I've been as little as 128lbs, but I looked sickly. I do not like to be under 135lbs, and once I hit 145 or more I think I look a little too heavy.

If you're frame is the same size as mine, given we're the same height, I would shoot for around 140lbs. Minimum 135, max 148 or so. If you look up height and weight charts, this is the high end of a healthy weight for a woman who is 5'4, which is where you should fall if you have a large frame or "athletic" build.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am a really strangely put together woman. I am 5'5" 175, 29% body fat and wear a size 9/10. I would like to get down to 23%ish body fat, which means I need to lose 14 pounds of fat to put me at 161. However, my goal weights are more of the barbell type as well! Hitting lifting goals is a big priority of mine (strength, not body building) so I am not willing to sacrifice muscle for aesthetics. I feel I look best when I wear the size I am in or a 7/8. I don't really like a smaller look--for me. When I was 135-140 but less muscular, I feel I was smaller than how I would like to look as a 40 year old woman. I'm at the point in my life where I'm especially physically active and looking like a model is not as important as my athletic pursuits (which are primarily power lifting and open water swimming, both of which can handle a little extra body fat). I am large framed by measurements as well. Moreover, I have a ton of lean mass. I can't be 125 without losing muscle or I would be dead.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my aim is to get to 154lbs ( 11 stone ) I have a stocky build with legs that are so full of muscle as I used to exercise alot and the muscle never went away someone said to me my legs are like iron !!
    I don't want to be super skinny just slim so I have 4 stone 11lbs to lose to get to my goal.
    People always guess my weight as about 2 stone lighter then I am but I think be healthy and happy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5 6".
    Sub 20% BF at about 150lb,
    Size 6 in US (occasionally a size 4, but these are vanity sizing though as I have a large donk and I doubt I really am a size 4).
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and a size 6/8. I weight 160. My mom is my height and weighed 118... and I am not that far off from fitting into her wedding dress. Maybe 15lbs.... just the difference in our body composition.
  • JaelynSmith89
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and when i'm lifting a lot and active 145 is my healthy weight. I'm working on being thinner instead of athletic now so my goal weight is 135 (been there before) my point is, no matter your build you can be wherever you want ti be. don't label yourself and stay healthy :)
  • seh43
    seh43 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6, 146 lb. I also lift heavy weights. I would like to put on more muscle, since I'm on the slimmer side of athletic. The reason for why I signed up here was to work out how much protein I'm eating. Turns out, not quite enough.

Oh, and by the way, I find charting body weight is not very useful when you are getting into weights. At the start of a new weights programme my weight always goes up significantly. Don't worry! Just go with how your body feels and how your clothes fit.