• Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    u stand on it n they shake n apparentlky make u lose weight n tone up x
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    my guess is no they don't work ~

I think its best if we do ALL the work ourselves............ to get the best results!!
    If its too good to be true..... its really probably too good to be true!! =)
  • pennfields
    Options
    i have just moved and found in the loft one of those machines with a big band that shakes your bottom lol, are they the same kind of thing?
  • Vivx
    Options
    i think so !
    iv herd good reviews about it x
  • Debx12345
    Options
    Hi, No they are not the same as those big machines with a band round them, or i think not.

I have one of the modern ones, we know them as power plates, google power plate (its a brand). I have had one for a year and i think its has helped me abit with toning, you basically stand on them and strike a pose (so to speak). Mine will only let me go on it for 15 mins at a time (not sure why though). Lots of gyms have them now, thats where i tried one first, i try and do some form of cardio, like a dvd, then jump on the plate for 10-15 mins.

You will hear varying reports, but if you fancy trying them, go to a gym and ask for a trial.

hope this helps
  • Vivx
    Options
    heyyy thanks for that x
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You don't exactly just "stand" on them - my gym uses them and you basically do exerises on them - pretty much anything you do on the floor and standing you can adapt for a power plate. It's haaard!
  • Debx12345
    Options
    I have started adding weights and motion to my work out, but I did stand on it to start with and strike a pose so to speak Lol