African American success stories?

Options
I enjoy everyone's weight loss pics, but I don't see too many success stories with African Americans. Can you please post for motivation. Thanks.

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and in progress photo's. It's far from over. I fell off the wagon for a few months but now I'm back to pick myself back up. Here's me in my heaviest and lightest since being an adult. It's a work in progress!

Heaviest weight 260
    Current weight 160's

kt340.jpg
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies. Your progresses are encouraging.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ive googled this... I understand..
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options

kt340.jpg
    wow your face totally shrunk!
    sorry hehe not a WOC just came to admire :}
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress ladies!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and in progress photo's. It's far from over. I fell off the wagon for a few months but now I'm back to pick myself back up. Here's me in my heaviest and lightest since being an adult. It's a work in progress!

Heaviest weight 260
    Current weight 160's

kt340.jpg
    great job.
  • Sovictorrious
    Options
    Hey when I read weight loss stories I want to picture myself. So when I see a black girl like me...it motivates me.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's no different than "Any girls under 5'5" on here" or "Looking for friends with 100 or more pounds to lose" or "Anybody here from Texas?" People want to see people that they think they can identify with.

TBH, I make fun of those threads too, but I don't get outraged.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I can understand there's cultural elements to different ethnic groups that are different from one another that might pose unique challenges to weight loss and fitness. Whatevs. You girls do what you gotta do. Rock on.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Heaviest weight 260
    Current weight 160's

kt340.jpg

Well done!
  • Sovictorrious
    Options
    48424913_8795_zpsc4d7e68e.jpg

Im not at all done. But it's been fun. However, ive had people tell me I am crazy to do this. Best of wishes! You can do it!

I mean my own family telling me I am crazy.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    There was actually a thread like this that was quite a few pages long around here. Lots of inspiring stories. Let me see if i can find it.

ETA: Here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/466429-african-american-women-before-and-after-pics-please

Looks like the first part got deleted, unfortunately. Lots of drama in there as well, but you know, ignore that and focus on the stories.:drinker:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Im not at all done. But it's been fun. However, ive had people tell me I am crazy to do this. Best of wishes! You can do it!

You're crazy gorgeous.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options

amazing progress tho dang
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You are beautiful.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello! I don't know how to post pics here but check my profile. The latest pic is me in Nov. in a purple dress. Its a size 6, a little snug, but I still want to lose some more. I have lost about 22 lbs so far. I have been a little lazy this winter, but I plan to get back on track to finish the last little bit.

I also don't think its racist, many times the posts are mostly of white women, which I enjoy as well, but nothing wrong with wanting to see women who may be shaped similarly or have a similar build. I also post when they ask for short women, which presents its own unique set of challenges. Also congrats to the women who posted here about your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm black and I was really fat. Like 245 lbs on a 5'10" frame fat. I started tracking everything I ate. Religiously. I lost 70 lbs and got into the best shape of my life. I swing between 170 and 180 now depending on how much I'm working out. I still track religiously--I'm up to like six hundred days in a row or something. MFP worked for me and it can work for you too. Good luck.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello! I don't know how to post pics here but check my profile. The latest pic is me in Nov. in a purple dress. Its a size 6, a little snug, but I still want to lose some more. I have lost about 22 lbs so far. I have been a little lazy this winter, but I plan to get back on track to finish the last little bit.

I also don't think its racist, many times the posts are mostly of white women, which I enjoy as well, but nothing wrong with wanting to see women who may be shaped similarly or have a similar build. I also post when they ask for short women, which presents its own unique set of challenges. Also congrats to the women who posted here about your weight loss :flowerforyou:

Just FYI, your pix don't appear to be visible on your profile page.
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    SW:212
    CW: 162
    GW: 150

I'm 5.7. The last picture was from about 3 weeks ago around 166lbs. I wont post any updated photos until I get to goal. But here goes....

218a19ad-adfe-499c-b2ff-439b34858d66_zps2b37d8c4.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!