well that was a slap in the face. :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Interalia
    Options
    I keep hearing about this Greek Yogurt but can't seem to find it. Is it a product that you buy in the states or does someone from Canada know where it is???
    [/quote]

I finally found it at Urban Fare (the fat free version that is ... the full fat version is at the farm markets). Superstore keeps promising to bring it in.....
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I eat only greek yogurt...I buy plain & add berries. I also use it as sour cream on a baked potatoes. My huddy doesn't even mind it. It is a little more money...but everything healthy cost more : )
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    costco has pretty reasonable greek yogurt

This!

A 32 oz tub of Fage 0% is about $5 at my costco.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I buy Greek yogurt at both Costco and Publix. Not sure where you live, but I know they also have it in Stop & Shop in New England (used to live there).

Since it's your breakfast/snack, why not try only eatting the yogurt SOME days rather than every day. And the other days you could mix in foods with less sugar and balance it that way.

I know what you're going through, I am working on my last 30lbs and sugar is really the WORST thing you can eat when you're trying to get rid of 'the rest' of your 'extra' weight, especially in the belly and thighs. In a worst case scenerio, you could always put down the yogurt for a month or two and then slowly re-introduce it after you've shredded the extra weight... just a suggestion, its what I've been finding myself doing a lot lately. Have you ever looked at how much sugar is in Orange juice and Acai juice? Oh my god! If you haven't - DONT - you'll cry. lol.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    costco has pretty reasonable greek yogurt

This!

A 32 oz tub of Fage 0% is about $5 at my costco.

i dont have a costco anywhere near me. i'm in northern michigan. so i've got... walmart. meijer.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    MIEJER AND WALMART ALL HAVE IT but i know that ive found it in the chip dip section and not with the yogurt.......so try there...
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Greek Yogurt too... all the other Yogurts are going to have a lot more sugar. Plus I like the bitter taste.

You can even go really crazy and make your own yogurt, I watched Alton Brown do it on Good Eats. It looked more time consuming then difficult..
  • underthebridge09
    Options
    I CANNOT stand greek yogurt. Nasty nasty stuff :( I eat Mountain High - Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt, 0.75 cup each day. It has less sugars than yoplait and other brands.
  • byebye200
    Options
    LOVE MY CHOBANI!!!!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is awesome! I buy plain, it has 6 g of sugar, and add vanilla extract lol. It works! Its yummy and has zero fat and TONS of protein :)

I second on the greek yogurt!! it is great stuff, I eat it everyday. I love the Chobani brand. It is a little more expensive than regular yogurt, but I think the trade off of less sugar, more protein is worth it!

I keep hearing about this Greek Yogurt but can't seem to find it. Is it a product that you buy in the states or does someone from Canada know where it is???

I found it at Costco. Then last night I found it at Sobeys. Watch out for different kinds there cause I noticed some had added sugar. Buy plain, u can always add some fresh fruit or even Bran buds or both. Fills me up more!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I refuse to watch my sugar as well as my calories! :laugh:

As long as you're eating a balanced diet, with lots of protein, fruit and veg, I don't think a natural yogurt with natural fruit is going to sabotage your efforts!!

Just my take :flowerforyou:

I am right there with you on this one!!

I third that lol....especially if its sugar from fruit

Natural sugars are one thing, but a lot of the mainstream yogurts are putting in ADDED sugar, and a lot of it.
  • underthebridge09
    Options
    I refuse to watch my sugar as well as my calories! :laugh:

As long as you're eating a balanced diet, with lots of protein, fruit and veg, I don't think a natural yogurt with natural fruit is going to sabotage your efforts!!

Just my take :flowerforyou:

I am right there with you on this one!!

I third that lol....especially if its sugar from fruit

Natural sugars are one thing, but a lot of the mainstream yogurts are putting in ADDED sugar, and a lot of it.

Totally agree. Eating as raw as possible is the way to go!
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Kroger Carb Master, taste so good low fat barelly any sugar 2 carbs and like 12 protein :0)