Okay.. What now!

Options

Replies

• AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Luckily, 2118 cals/day is 20% below his TDEE maintenance level (2647), so he shouldn't see any gain. Gregpack is right though, sometimes you will see a gain and then drop when you adjust your calorie intake. The body has to adapt. I remember upping my calorie intake based on TDEE and it ended a plateau and I dropped a sudden amount of weight. So it just depends.

I recommend spreading your calories across the entire day (except for sleep time, of course). For example, have 5-6 smaller meals instead of 2-3 big ones. You will be eating the same total calories - you are just spreading them out better. That will help distribute your energy and will keep you from having those nasty blood sugar spikes and drops. Personally, I don't eat late because it's too tempting to just keep eating.
  • judybtwo
    judybtwo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

Here is a link to a calculator. I found it useful:happy:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Troll. Undernourished uninformed hungry troll.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, you're 6ft2, doing insanity and eating 900 cals a day.....?

No way.

It's physically mpossible to maintain Insanity level workouts on that little food.

Either the calories are being severely underestimated or the workouts are being done at very low intensity. Possibly both.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options

I get the impression he's really trying. I think he just started out awkwardly. He seems receptive to the help - if you bothered to read all of his replies.

(Wikipedia) In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

So, pray tell, how does this definition not more aptly apply to your posting?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I get the impression he's really trying. I think he just started out awkwardly. He seems receptive to the help - if you bothered to read all of his replies.

(Wikipedia) In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

It often seems, on this site, that folks have lost the definition of "troll". "Troll" here is often used to mean "so wrong or silly it can't be real". The OP doesn't seem like a troll to me at all.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options

It often seems, on this site, that folks have lost the definition of "troll". "Troll" here is often used to mean "so wrong or silly it can't be real". The OP doesn't seem like a troll to me at all.

^^^ THIS! I'd hate to bring the OP around and then have the "troll" thing tossed in like a hand grenade. He's new. He's trying. Let's give him a decent MFP welcome, right?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS! I'd hate to bring the OP around and then have the "troll" thing tossed in like a hand grenade. He's new. He's trying. Let's give him a decent MFP welcome, right?

I agree. He does seem to be listening.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    low but to me, logic suggests eating more will simply reverse the weight loss.

Please, don't use this so called 'logic' for any future choices in life... Read some articles or something please
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    low but to me, logic suggests eating more will simply reverse the weight loss.

Please, don't use this so called 'logic' for any future choices in life... Read some articles or something please

How 'bout this one, Tyronne? I think the OP will get the most from this MFP gem.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    For the fat in things like entrees made with butter, a trick I use to make it healthy is to go half olive oil, half butter. As long as the 'good fats' are the same or more than the 'bad fats' your ratio is still fine :) Or you can do it in different meals, too. Just keep the ratio in mind (imho).
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I agree with that! I am doing pretty well during exercises with my limited diet!
    Admittedly I keep getting blackouts when I stand up!!

If you are having blackouts then you definitely need to be eating more! That is your body telling you that it isn't doing okay with that little amount of calories. You are barely getting enough to function if you did nothing at all.
  • Ajruk
    Ajruk Posts: 18
    Options
    People I really am not a troll. In fact I cannot think of anything more pointless than wasting people's time who are trying to help.
    I have absolutely taken your advice and I will update you on where my weight and physique go from here!
    Porridge and honey for breakfast! Looking forward to it!
    What's the latest people eat? I've heard you don't eat after 5pm?? Wrong again?!!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't really think it matters what times you eat.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    People I really am not a troll. In fact I cannot think of anything more pointless than wasting people's time who are trying to help.
    I have absolutely taken your advice and I will update you on where my weight and physique go from here!
    What's the latest people eat? I've heard you don't eat after 5pm?? Wrong again?!!

Meal timing is personal preference.

eta: OP read the link above and all of the links in it.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options

No, you are not a troll. Sometimes people jump in and post comments without reading the whole thread first. You'll need to take comments with a grain of salt. MFP is just like the real world - there are good and bad people. You get to choose who you listen to and who to ignore.

Not to sound repetitive, but please read this post below (see link). I think it will help you a lot. And good luck.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Ajruk
    Options
    Okay had ready Brek with honey! Just had. Omelette with extra egg whites ( as per the insanity diet)
    What I can't find out is whether I'm allowed ketchup.. I am a ketchup fiend and love the stuff .. Omelette takes bland to me without it.. Any ideas please people!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Of course you're allowed ketchup if you want it! Just count it into your calories - it doesn't come to much anyway. :)
    You can have anything you want as long as it fits into your calorie budget and fits the other macros you want to watch. Life is full of choices, you just need to make reasonable ones most of the time.

I'm glad you decided to eat more - 900 calories isn't enough for anyone.
  • Ajruk
    Options
    Appreciate that advice. Yeah 900 wasn't much! I'm just hoping the weight doesn't come back again!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    Options
    Appreciate that advice. Yeah 900 wasn't much! I'm just hoping the weight doesn't come back again!

Thankfully all the weight won't just magically appear overnight. You'll know if the scale is creeping the wrong way - then you just adjust your intake down a little or workout a little more to compensate!