February Goals

Options
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to this site, and I just wanted to know what you guys have set for your February goals.
I want to lose 10 pounds.
What about you guys?

Replies

• LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on this site. My husband is a personal trainer and he recommends this site to all his clients but I usually can't STAND logging foods and exercise and quit doing it after a few days. My goal for my first month on here is 10 lbs. also. I don't have a scale at home so I will be weighing publically (always mortifying!) on the grocery store scale asap. I am coming from being pretty sedentary so my cardio goal is to walk a 3 mile lake we have town 4/ per week. My strength goal is to train with my husband 2/ per week. It feels impossibly lofty :/ . Best of luck to you! Let's keep each other going....
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    My goal for the month is to lose at least 8 pounds.
  • JocelynnBlack
    JocelynnBlack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At least your husband can help you and show you what really helps to lose weight. Good luck! :smile:
  • victoriakobea
    Options
    My goal for February is 15 lbs
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    My weight goal is a 5 lb loss. My fitness goal is to stay in 1st or 2nd place everyday of February against my fitbit friends, this really pushes me to get up and move.
  • Vessecora
    Options
    Hmmm.... Goals for February....
    *Quick, make one*

Well, I lost about 5 (??? Australian lol) lbs in the past month, so maybe I'll set a goal to do the same for this month ^_^
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "Diet, diet, diet"... that's my husbands mantra. Doing all cardio will shrink your body but it will have the same shape it is now. Incorporating strength training, even if it is body weight training (pushups, lunges, squats, etc.) is what reshapes the body and revs metabolism (I don't think I have one.... haha). He suggests strength training 3 x per week for an hour, and cardio 5-6 days per week for 45 mins. I obviously would DIE if I did that so I'm planning on building up to it! Best of luck to ALL!
  • JocelynnBlack
    JocelynnBlack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh My. Haha. Yea. I wouldn't be able to do that much because of school and everything. But doing it, just with less time and working up to as much as you can, it will definitely help get you in shape. :D Good luck!

Good luck to all!
  • DianaB1211
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been a member of this site for quite some time but I haven't actually starting using it until now. I have to put a pic up soon for my profile!

My goal for February is to lose 7 lbs. I also have to stop constantly weighing myself which can be depressing since the scale seems to go up and down between the days.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • clinetort
    clinetort Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goal of 16 pounds lost for February.
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose 5 lbs in February! Good luck; if you would like an active an encouraging friend feel free to add me. :)
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    my goal is 7 pounds!
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to this site, and I just wanted to know what you guys have set for your February goals.
    I want to lose 10 pounds.
    What about you guys?

Goals: lose 3lbs or more (small goal but i don't care), drink herbal tea, drink 2L of water per day (tea included), no binge-eating/excessive eating, exercise more (yoga, dance), stay calm and try not to have too much anxiety over anything
  • Kathycirca1984
    Options
    My goal is 5 lbs. I lost 7 lbs in January, so I think that 5 is completely attainable this month. Happy trails on your weight loss journey!:happy:
  • maxrain
    Options
    If you are finding that your metabolism needs a kick start. Consider adding Taislim to your daily intake.

I started to in Feb of 2013, and now I have a body fat % of less than 10. When I started, my body fat % was close to 35-40. Prior to Feb 2013, I exercised regularly, mainly lots of cardio, but I wasn't seeing the results for my efforts. Even when I would push my pulse over 160 bpm during those workouts. At the age of 36, I was having difficulty getting to where I wanted to as I wasn't seeing the results for my hard efforts. It wasn't until I figured out I needed to change my food intake and found that 70% of fitness results are based on your food intake and proper exercise. Fix the food intake, then add proper training, and you will be on your way.

I've done it and now its even harder to stay on top. Now I experiment with my food intake to see what works better and what is worse. By having a diary, enables me to look back and see the results.

At one point during the past year, my wife told me that I needed to eat more because I was getting too skinny. This was when the body fat % was decreasing, back in the spring/summer of 2013. Then I changed the type of workouts from strictly cardio to include a blend of strength training. Now, I get that wink more and more :wink:

The best advice I can give is to ensure that you keep your metabolism working is based on how often you visit the porcelain queen. The less often you visit, is a true sign that you are doing things wrong. Don't neglect this as it is the most healthy thing that your body can do.

If you want to know more about the metabolism booster, and what it can do to help you as it did for me
    visit www.lardon.taislim.com

Or simply if you have any questions, feel free to ask. send me a message and I will respond.
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't go by weight. I hate scales. I'm a lifter now and that's all I really want to do. My goal for this month is to reach my smallest waist size I had ever obtained (33.5). So far I'm around 35-35.25. That and reach 40 inches around my hips and chest (which were part of the smallest measurements). I have never been thin, so that was a milestone...until I got lazy and went back to 37 or 38. So pretty much, fit comfortably into size L and almost squeeze into a medium (I have ALWAYS been XL+, even as a kid).

That and also be able to lift heavier than I have ever been able to do. :D
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's a short month so 4 lbs.
  • treesponge
    treesponge Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My goal for february is to start eat at least three salads a week and replace at least 2 sodas with smoothies and water!
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to get out of the "Obese" BMI Range. It is a short month, but I only have 6 more pounds to go until I get there!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    To get back into the 160s...so about 2-3 lbs. That would be FABULOUS!!!