Shakeology?

Options
13»

Replies

• lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The result is you will become a Beachbody Coach and be as irritating as door to door salesmen.

tumblr_mucubvXCT11s0t2l6o2_400.gif

This made me so happy!! I probably look like a fool laughing so hard at work. Hahaha!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Bilberry information from Wikipedia:
    "Often associated with improvement of night vision, bilberries are mentioned in a popular story of World War II RAF pilots consuming bilberry jam to sharpen vision for night missions. A study in 2000[5] by the U.S. Navy found no such effect and origins of the RAF story cannot be found.[6] After the introduction of radar, RAF bombing became more accurately targeted, but to confuse the enemy, the story was leaked that it "was something in the pilots' diet" that improved their targeting - that something was carrots, not bilberries, and the story was concocted merely to keep the Germans from knowing the real reason for improved accuracy."

Otherwise, I don't see anything that makes Bilberry better than say Blueberry. They even look almost the same. This is a common marketing trick. Use some sort of hard-to-find, but likely innocuous ingredient. Tout that ingredient as being the secret key. Profit!

It was the sugar in the jam, that honed in their natural radar senses, to hit the target every time. Proven in rats, it is. Check the YouTube videos on it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    To help a friend out a year ago, I tried Visalus. I hate that it's a required bank deduction to buy and the whole cancellation process. Was it worth it? Not really for me. I didn't lose significant weight that I would give the shake credit. More so, it was my increased activity when I was losing. It was a nice change sometimes as a meal replacement, but I could buy a can of slimfast or whatever. Extra vitamins are cool, but studies are still out on the type of soy products being used in these things. Actual foods, fruits, veggies, with fresh active phytochemicals are more likely better for your body to process, absoarb, and use. When I replaced 2 meals, I felt ravenous. And I did add things like flax, bananas and peanut butter to help. I still have an unopened bag I will likely use over the summer for occasional breakfast smoothies. Don't want to waste n all. My friend lost a bunch, then has been steadily gaining it back. She always still looked squishy, despite any weight loss... I'd say it's really not worth it unless you want your lifestyle change to be that of a lifetime of spending $$$ on shake products as meals for weight control. You'll get to experience sh!tty meals and food when youre old as dust in a nursing home.

Age old MLM never gets old.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I really love shakeology. The ingredients are what sold me. I was very skeptical for a long time. There is absolutely nothing else like it. The foods that it's made from are amazingly good for and really hard to find in your grocery stores. For example Maca root and bilberries. I tried to find bilberries one time and no one new what I was talking about in the grocery store. They way the product is processed,they do it so the nutrients are not lost by heating them. In fact the whole food ingredients in Shakeology are considered raw because they are not dried or heated above temperatures of 115 degrees. Also they do not use soy protein. It is a whey protein. And they do not use artificial sweeteners at all. I totally recommend it. You get what you pay for.

genuine question... curious what makes you say that the ingredients you cannot find in food stores (ie, Maca Root and Biliberries) are "amazingly good" for you?

I did not say you can not find them,I said " they are really hard to find" and to answer you question "what makes me say that", well it was all the extensive research done on the "all" the foods in the shakes. Not just the maca root and bilberries. And the extensive analyzing of the nutrients in the foods.

Shakeology works for me. I love it. My health is getting better and better the longer I'm on it. I know too many people whose health is improving because of the nutrition in this product to doubt it's effectiveness.

It may not be right for everyone and that's fine with me. For me, Shakeology is my multivitamin. And how much money is spent on Multivitamins every month? A whole lot!! My better health is worth the extra expense and I am by no means a wealthy person. I just put more value on my health.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I really love shakeology. The ingredients are what sold me. I was very skeptical for a long time. There is absolutely nothing else like it. The foods that it's made from are amazingly good for and really hard to find in your grocery stores. For example Maca root and bilberries. I tried to find bilberries one time and no one new what I was talking about in the grocery store. They way the product is processed,they do it so the nutrients are not lost by heating them. In fact the whole food ingredients in Shakeology are considered raw because they are not dried or heated above temperatures of 115 degrees. Also they do not use soy protein. It is a whey protein. And they do not use artificial sweeteners at all. I totally recommend it. You get what you pay for.

genuine question... curious what makes you say that the ingredients you cannot find in food stores (ie, Maca Root and Biliberries) are "amazingly good" for you?

I did not say you can not find them,I said " they are really hard to find" and to answer you question "what makes me say that", well it was all the extensive research done on the "all" the foods in the shakes. Not just the maca root and bilberries. And the extensive analyzing of the nutrients in the foods.

Shakeology works for me. I love it. My health is getting better and better the longer I'm on it. I know too many people whose health is improving because of the nutrition in this product to doubt it's effectiveness.

It may not be right for everyone and that's fine with me. For me, Shakeology is my multivitamin. And how much money is spent on Multivitamins every month? A whole lot!! My better health is worth the extra expense and I am by no means a wealthy person. I just put more value on my health.

Ummm...0 dollars because just like Shakeology, they are not needed if you eat a balanced diet.
  • lyoder1
    Options
    The result is you will become a Beachbody Coach and be as irritating as door to door salesmen.

This made me giggle :smile:
  • meule2
    meule2 Posts: 9
    Options
    They always say if you don't recognize the ingredient...don't eat it. Read the ingredients on the shakes, you wont be able to pronounce half of it.
    Plus, the chocolate flavor made my lips and tongue go numb and that just didn't seem right.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a sample of the strawberry and showed my nutritionist at the time and she wasn't impressed with it, said I could get the same thing with just about any good quality protein shake and eating right. I tried the sample and it was GROSS I had to mask the flavor with a ton of fruit to being able to drink it. I'll stick with my Pure Protein vanilla powder thanks. I can get it at Target for about $19 and it lasts over a month. The only people who say this stuff works are the ones making money off of it and you'll never convince me other wise same as the Herbalife garbage.
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while and actually really liked it...mostly because it made me regular for the first time in my life, if you know what I mean.....
    However, I started having problems with my blood pressure and having heart palpitations. After running many, many tests (all which came back relatively normal), my doctor asked me to keep a food diary. He then told me to stop using the Shakeology, as many of the 'super foods' could be affecting me in an adverse way.
    I stopped.
    Palpitations stopped.
    My boyfriend bought me a NutriBullet for Christmas so I could make my own smoothies and control what went into them.
    Regular again and no palpitations! Winning! :)
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I use it daily and love it. That doesn't mean it's for everyone. I think it's important to research ingredients of anything you use and make sure you need to invest in it. No matter what it is and what the cost. That's just how I am. I research everything and make an informed decision. For me, it is worth the investment. But, like I said, that doesn't mean it's for everyone. The most important thing is eating a balanced diet. You can't rely on any meal replacement shake or supplement to replace good old-fashioned clean eating. Do a bit of research and make sure you choose the right nutrition/supplements for YOU. Not what someone else is urging you to do.
  • Karavicious2
    Karavicious2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I really like it. But I definitely don't think it's the be all- end all of meal replacement solutions.I also am NOT a coach and do not plan on becoming one. They really are all walking advertisements, going on about how "reasonable" the price is. The price isn't reasonable and they all know it. And the only reason they're walking, talking salesbots for it is because they want to get theirs for cheap/free.
  • allittakes110
    Options

You've got this right!

I'm currently in graduate school working on my Master's in nutrition and finishing up my supervised practice hours so I can sit for the RD exam. So I'd say I have a pretty strong background in nutrition and my undergraduate education was in physiology so I've got a pretty good handle on that as well. I swear I post one tweet on twitter about Insanity and within 5 minutes I have 100 coaches contacting me about joining their support groups and asking if I drink shakeology. Every time I explain to them that I do not and will not use that product and give my reasons why, and they try to talk me into believing that it is impossible to get all your needed vitamins and minerals from a normal daily diet and that shakeology is healthier than anything else that you can put in your body. Yet, they can't explain why that is or give actual evidence to back up any of the claims. I'm all for people trying to support each other to live a healthier lifestyle, but I have a major problem with some of these coaches who have zero credentials to be giving specific nutrition and exercise recommendations to people. This can be very dangerous. If you don't have the education, please leave leave the instruction to the RDs and CPTs. Thank you.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tried the sample and it was GROSS

Agreed. I tried a sample of the chocolate, and it was just nasty tasting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while when I started, it did seem to help with the cravings. It was the chocolate one (last year, after they changed the formula). It wasn't bad and pretty filling. Then I got tired of it and the cost (after 2 months), and can't say I noticed much of a difference when I stopped drinking it. I tried the tropical one and it was vile though, and after I had to pay shipping to be refunded, I decided it was enough.
  • stpt_guy
    stpt_guy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Unless you have tried it, how can you have an opinion? Its a great product worth the money. It costs approx. $4 per serving - once per day (each of my bags has given me approx. 40 days). It costs me more than that to make a salad. How many people spend more than that per day on coffee or lunch, or junk food?

This is not a weight loss shake - its a nutritional supplement. It aids in weight loss - its purpose is to give you dense nutrition. There are over 70 super foods in one shake. It costs approximately the same to use per day as Visalus and Isogenix - because you only drink one per day. You can go to the BB site and order a sample pack for approx. $20 plus shipping. It gives you a chance to try a few of the flavours.

The combination of nutrients gives you energy, reduces cravings, and supports your immune system.

I am a walking advertisement for this product and am damn proud of it.

Coaches are here to help you - not sell you. I am not on this site to sell people, I am a coach and I am here to keep my eating accountable and meet with others who have the same fitness goals I have. I want to offer people help if they need extra support - and I don't get paid for that. My passion is to help others change their lives - nothing gives me more satisfaction.

If any of you have had a bad experience with a coach, I am sorry to hear that. Not all of us are the same.

70 "superfoods" you say?
    87435-mother-of-god-gif-8iLx.gif

youre right....you really are a walking advertisement.

That or it is very well scripted and roughly provided by BeachBody. Don't get me wrong, I love the programs BeachBody offers, but I would never waste my money on shakes that cost that much. If I needed to boost my protein, I would go to the cheese factory near by and get a back of pure whey protein powder.