The Sacred Heart Medical Diet?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I tried this once (and the cabbage soup one, as well), and simply found myself hangry and wanting to throat punch people.

Well that explains Maria.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I tried this once (and the cabbage soup one, as well), and simply found myself hangry and wanting to throat punch people.

Well that explains Maria.

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. Those were not my brightest ideas ever, LOL...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Account deactivated.

With that fervour, I'm checking if this is a MLM or not. It must be...
  • Bluskyleilu
    Options
    Thank you! That was an entertaining read. Have a great hump day!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    :laugh: these threads DO get better with age... LOL :bigsmile: :drinker:

great read..
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I forgot to comment, the irony that she suggested we/I don't have enough determination.

Twice.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Oi you lot! Play nicely ;)

I'm a big believer that there is absolutely no substitute for a healthy diet and exercise. HOWEVER. My friend wants to lose a bulk to make her feel better so hell, I'm giving it a go! I can smell the soup simmering and it smells goooood. I'll check back here and let you know how it goes and if I manage the entire week.

Remember, what works for you might not work for others and opinions are like a*se holes. Everybody has one

Love love xxx
  • willdb76
    Options
    For some people I guess these diets just cause a you-yo effect (and they're obviously unhealthy if done often/continuously). However I tried a similar one, and it helped kick-start a weight loss process that successfully lead me to shed 28lb (starting from about 196lb). http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-lost-stone-in-week.html

Similar deal, very prescriptive, very low calorie intake. The meals are somewhat more appetising IMHO. Lots of people warning me about 'going into starvation mode' etc but what a load of nonsense.

It was not 'fun' but I found it relatively easy to stick to as it's so straightforward.

Not healthy to diet in such a way long term but for this is just for a week.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Not healthy to diet in such a way long term

So why even bother?

Skip it and start a healthy diet now. The last thing in the world you should do to start you on your way to a healthy long term diet is to start an unhealthy one.

It's like someone deciding to be nicer to animals but "kick-starting" the process by kicking one puppy a day for a week.
  • willdb76
    Options
    Like I said, it kick started me. There was a visible change in me after just one week, which gave me encouragement to keep going (not with the crash diet, but with being careful what I eat). It also got me acclimatised me to much smaller portion sizes so in the following week, although I didn't follow the diet, I ate smaller amounts (and more salads and veggies as a proportion of what I ate before).

Appreciate these diets aren't panaceas or for everyone, but they aren't as totally useless as people seem to make out.

Not healthy to eat like that in the long term, but you can cope with it for a week.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Day 1 so far so good. I actually feel great. half hour after my first portion of soup I had the biggest energy rush!

Watch this space....

I agree it's not good long term and I am under no illusion that 50% of what I lose will probably be water but if I lose 7lbs of fat in one week I shall be very happy and i'm pretty sure more motivation will appear...

I may feel different tomorrow though ;)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    if I lose 7lbs of fat in one week

Losing 7 lbs of fat requires you to burn about 24,500 more calories than you consume. To do so in one week, you'll need around a 3500 calorie deficit per day.

So that means that if you ate nothing whatsoever, you would need to burn 3500 calories a day every day for a week. Or if you eat 1000 calories a day, you need to burn 4500 calories a day every day for a week.

In other words.... losing 7 lbs of fat in a single week is way beyond impossible unless you literally starve yourself while exercising intensely for hours a day every day for a week.

Let's keep our expectations within the realm of possibility, perhaps.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    !
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Don't patronise me please, I have no time for it.

I'm not patronising you, I'm giving you information.

If you hope to lose 7 lbs of fat in one week, you are going to be sorely disappointed. It will not happen. It is beyond impossible.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Thank you. I thought better of my reply and deleted it. You may be right, but if my scales say so i'm happy. It's all about gaining momentum on my long road, and believe me, 7 stone is quite a way. But on a positive note, I'm 4st lighter than I was at my heaviest. Rocking on.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Seems very similar to the cabbage soup diet which you will able to find a lot of information on.
    My sister did the cabbage soup diet 2 weeks ago as a jump start - she said was horrible but did lose 6 pounds of water weight.
    To me this sounds like something that you might do if you are trying to fit into that little black dress next weekend......
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Seems very similar to the cabbage soup diet which you will able to find a lot of information on.
    My sister did the cabbage soup diet 2 weeks ago as a jump start - she said was horrible but did lose 6 pounds of water weight.
    To me this sounds like something that you might do if you are trying to fit into that little black dress next weekend......

It's something you will do if you're desperate and either don't really understand how weight loss works or don't actually think it'll work for you the right way (special snowflake syndrome).
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Here's the day I'm really not looking forward to... Veggies and soup day. Don't get me wrong, I love my veggies, but for breakfast? Think I'll just stick to coffee this morning.....
    I LOVE my fruit. However, I did stock up on a good variety of veg last night so I don't get too bored.

This is STILL going against my principles of healthy eating and exercise but i'm a determined little bugger......

How I feel; Well i'm more awake this morning than I have been for a while, a little hungry but it's not too bad. 2lbs gone over night but most likely water. The moment that I start feeling miserable, I'm reaching for the strawberries and banana!

One positive thing I will say about this is that it makes you appreciate all the other healthy stuff you would usually eat and i'm not craving anything greasy or high in sugar.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Well that lasted long. The soup is lovely, until the end of the second day. It now resembles warmed up vomit to me and I'd had enough last night. I was hungry and craved more variation. It may work for some people but tbh it started making me miserable less than 48 hours in. There is deifnitely no substitute to a varied healthy diet and exercise.

The pros: I did lose 3lbs in 2 days. And.... I realised how much I took for granted my beloved strawberries, blueberries and banana in low calorie yoghurt. It did also take away my craving for fatty foods. I have absolutely no desire to gorge on any kind of crap (other than maltesers)

The cons: The soup gets old really really quickly and half of what I lost I'm sure is water weight. No fruit days SUCK. Going for a pee every 20 minutes becomes annoying. It leaves you with little physical energy to do any kind of work out.

If you need that boost to lose a bulk of weight and you can stick to it for longer than I did, then go for it. It's relatively cheap to do so even if you give up 2 days in, it's not really a big deal and you can use the rest of ingredients to make a lovely vegetable risotto.

Verdict: It's definitely not for me.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Benefit: Water based low cal soup will result in cleansing and significant calorie reduction and likely rapid weight loss.

Cons: Crap food, boring, you'll want "real" food after the week is up and likely binge and gain the calories back plus some. It's not a sustainable lifestyle.

what can low cal soup cleanse though? wouldn't it leave soupy resdue on what you're using it to clean? I think dettol kitchen cleaner is better for cleansing kitchens, dettol bathroom cleaner for bathrooms and toilet duck is best for cleaning toilets because the special shaped nozzle gets it right under the rim.

the cons above I agree with. plus the fact that rapid weight loss from crash diets is mostly water weight

a long term much more moderate approach is much better