How to deal with mean comments?

Options
124»

Replies

• MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Turn it into positive & keep pressing forward.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Tune it out and focus on the positive things about you it doesnt have to be physical :)
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    disregard haters, acquire fitness
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with positive people, anyone else can *bleep* off.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Also, think of one of their faults. For example, "you'll have to excuse me if I don't take insults from someone who [insert fault here] too personally."

Or, calmly raise your eyebrows and say "well, I feel like a worthless piece of @#$#@# now. You can go ahead and check that block for the day. What's next on the agenda?"

This ^^. The other poster who said they only have as much power over you as you give them is right as well. Don't let them harass and bully you. If they start to give out, you give back. Let them taste their own medicine. And don't give up! Oh, and see if you can find some REAL friends.

Best of luck!
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    People can be so stupid. Easier said than done ignoring the comments - I can still remember pretty much all the negative comments that have been made over the years - why cant the lovely comments be remembered the same way??!

Feisty me would make it in to a game - write a list of the insults they make and carry it round with you, each time someone says something, get the list out and tick it off. (Like bingo) Get a full house and reward yourself with something lovely (not food related)

But then again, I am feeling feisty this morning!

It is hard going but seeing someone wanting to change their life, just reminds them of their failings.

Good luck hun. Use this website to support you, its fab. xx
  • scling83
    scling83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Call out the mean people on their mean comments. Seriously, when a mean person makes a comment like the one about the cake, just say something along the lines of "I know I'm fat, do you know you're a jerk?"

That may not make the comment hurt any less, but it will gain you support from others around you. You have to practice these statements before the fact, because when we are being attacked either physically or emotionally, we tend to freeze. Practice first, then let the mean people have it when the time is right!

I agree with this ^^^

And personally, I also try to remember a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt - 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'

Mean things hurt. But we can choose to deal with it (like above) and then let them go. Don't keep hold of unnecessary negativity. You should feel proud of yourself for making the decision to better yourself. Any 'friends or family' who cannot support you in this decision are not worth a second thought.

Just keep up your hard work - it'll pay off!
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Friends don't insult you. Family that insult you aren't worth your time or respect.

Totally agree with this
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over the Opinion of Sheep
  • Jasmine1995xoxo
    Jasmine1995xoxo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need help with this too. I get mean comments all the time and it can be very hard. Being called ugly regularly makes me feel like there is no point trying to lose weight
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Punch them in the throat!!! It will shut them up and make you feel better! LOL ok I'm kidding (maybe) I hate mean people! Ditch all the haters and just surround yourself with the good ones. Then when you are all hot and sexy .. punch them in the throat!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    beat them.