Protein Shakes . . which one?

Options
13»

Replies

• laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Jarrow Formulas Caribbean Chocolate Whey Protein... mmm mmm good. Jarrow is good because it has no artificial sweeteners/flavors and less "crap" in it than other brands. Ironically the guy working at my gym, while I was looking at the Optimum Nutrition proteins, recommended it to me even though they didn't carry it (had to go to Whole Foods).
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Jarrow Formulas Caribbean Chocolate Whey Protein... mmm mmm good. Jarrow is good because it has no artificial sweeteners/flavors and less "crap" in it than other brands. Ironically the guy working at my gym, while I was looking at the Optimum Nutrition proteins, recommended it to me even though they didn't carry it (had to go to Whole Foods).

Good for him and good for you for listening!! ON is crap and tastes horrible but people still seem to love it.
  • BigB1924
    BigB1924 Posts: 30
    Options
    Just drink chocolate milk......
  • msaidah
    msaidah Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd like the links for the samples please!....nevermind. I see the link.
  • rumpusparable
    rumpusparable Posts: 160
    Options
    I use PlantFusion. Like Vega it's vegan and made by mixing various vegetable proteins. The chocolate is quite good, IMO.
  • cristenjo
    cristenjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    B
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    B
    you'll want to up your protein if you ever hope to be strong enough to press the U M and P keys.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have had this quandry for some time: It depends on your opinion on sugar and artificial sweeteners. I try to stay away from them.
    Trader Joes has a great no sugar protein powder. It does not taste very good but does the trick. My new deal has been this.

1 small banana- 90-110 calories depending who you believe
    1 cup strawberries 50 calories
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese 90 calories
    Ice
    Water

It is excellent. Low in calories and 9 grams of protein.

I'm not sure you can call something with 9 grams of protein a protein shake!

I see a lot of people shop a GNC, not sure if it is the same in the USA but in the UK these stores are very overpriced and the quality of the products is average. You can find MUCH cheaper deals online.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb whey protein. It is sweetened with Stevia - I watch my sugar intake.
  • Gretchen70
    Gretchen70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am Beachbody Coach and I use Shakeology every day. In my opinion it is the best made meal replacement on the planet. It comes with 70+ of the world's best super foods AND tastes great! Friend me at Gretchen70 if you are interested in talking further or more information.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    EAS Carb control

they taste good and are about 100 calories.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You're going get 100 different answers to this question. It depends on 1. What you're wanting out of a protein shake
    2. Are you wanting a shake as meal/snack or to add protein?
    3. No matter which at you go look at all the ingredients and make sure they are healthy and not full
    Of hidden crap for you.