Wedding in T minus 342 days

I'm getting married on January 10th, 2015 and I have gained back all my weight i lost plus 5 pounds. I tried on a pair of pj shorts that were comfortable one time and now they are super tight.

I am starting over with healthy eating and working out and going to try to lose 50-100 pounds in the next year before my wedding, I need to be healthy starting in a wedding, and my new life. I think my future husband deserves to have a woman who takes care of herself, not one that doesn't and is obese.

Starting weight: 240.0 pounds
Goal weight: 120-140 pounds

editing for pic

26db4240-64d5-468b-b777-c72600a6c03f_zps539a2489.jpg

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome!!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and new life as a Mrs. Making it a Healthy Mrs for a Healthy Couple is a great life
    we're here to help!

Add me if you'd like
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Good luck girl! Two very exciting things; a wedding and a new life! I'm here for you!
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    First off, never lose sight that your weight loss first and foremost is for you. All other reasons not aligned to you makes it a fragile and difficult goal to attain.

Second, I'm certain you will attain your goal. It's very attainable. And you've come to the right place. The best of luck to you. What are your plans for diet and exercise?
  • Thanks :) yes I know it should be first and foremost for me, and I'm tired of not fitting in my clothes.

I'm starting Jillian Michaels body revolution today and after that insanity, and as for diet I'm going to start eating cleaner, will be a work in progress but I know that abs are made in the kitchen and not just solely from working out.
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats!! I agree that you have to find your true reason "why" you want to lose weight and that will continue to motivate you during your journey!
    Add me! I'll be here for support!
  • alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    I steer people away from Insanity unless they are in shape already. if you want that ultra intensity, I understand. However, for a while I used videos made by fitnessblender. Married couple that just puts out workout videos.

http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    You can do it! My husband lost 100 lbs. last year and I lost 93, with 20 more to go. Just keep your eye on the prize!
  • Alceno I have used insanity before, completed it actually, so I do know what is in store for me there. That is also the reason why I have chosen to do that after Jillian Michaels body revolution.

Thanks everyone for the support.
  • alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    Not familiar with the JM video - is it more for starting to get fit, or all out? I know she does some crazy stuff.
  • Its 30-40 minutes a day, not as hard as insanity but she does some crazy workouts in it, similar to her other workout DVDs. You can find the infomercial on YouTube probably.
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    I recommend that you check out Power 90 and Focus T 25. They're what I'm using to get in shape to do P90x and Insanity. I've dropped about 25 pounds so far. I've tacked up on a great deal of visible muscle. They're both great and powerful programs in my opinion to get the body conditioned.
  • That's great, I'll look into them. :) good job!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    You have the right attitude and I believe you can do it! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and good luck in your weight loss goal! :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you :)
  • I've gained so much weight from having 3 babies in less than 3.5 years!

lets do this!!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Good luck!! I know you'll look just the way you want on your wedding day :) You can do it. Add me if you need some extra support!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Congrats on the wedding, and good luck! My wedding is in t minus 321 days (12.21.2014) and I'm also planning on slimming down! Gotta make the hubby's jaw drop when you walk up the aisle, right? ;-)
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Dont do it for your husband...do it for you!!! It's you that deserves the best person you can be...
  • I'm currently 243 days from my wedding (!!!!!!), and I was at 242 pounds when I first started this journey (just about one year before my wedding), so I completely understand. I'm currently down 28 pounds, and going fairly strong! It's definitely a long journey, and I'm trying to see this weight loss as something for me and my life, rather than just for the wedding. I must say though, that I'm looking forward to being able to say that I've lost 30 pounds when I go dress shopping in a few weeks. Who knows who close I'll get to my ultimate goal by the wedding, but I'm happy with the fact that I'm at least making progress. Good luck with your journey! :-)
  • I hear ya there :) I want him to be awestruck when he sees me.

Congrats on the weddings

My future husband to be loves me the way I am, he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what size I am, guess I'm blessed that way. I just want to look great and feel great. and lately i feel okay and look not so great haha