Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I did day , level 1 yesterday. I think the pushups are slowly getting a little easier. That last lunging and arm one though still kills me! I'm taking the day off today because I am out of town. So, back at it tomorrow!
  • EachDayDoesCount
    EachDayDoesCount Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    30 day shred Day 1: Check

Reading comments from you all motivated me to start this workout. It was sooo HARD for me, which I am very glad about because it will be fun to watch myself progress through the days….Great job you guys for sticking to the program and for inspiring many others. I am happy to join the club.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I did day 10 of Level 1 last night. I *almost* made it all the way through that last section with 5lb weights--skipped two lifts on the last bit. I've been sick this week so I can't tell what is illness and what is lack of strength at this point. I'm skipping tonight then, if I can stick it out with the 5 lb weights tomorrow, I'm moving up to Level 2 on Monday. Wish me luck! (And, health... :sick: )
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread, I have been doing 30DS for the past few weeks, but I have amended the program. So I alternate, 3 days of 30DS, 1 day of Cardio, with no rest days, and instead of 10 days for each level, I bumped it up to 15.Today I completed day 14 of level 1, so two more days (day 15 and a cardio day) before I start level 2. I see some great changes in my body, and my only regret is that I did not measure when I first started the program. I do have start of the month measurements that I can kind of gauge progress with...

Anyways, just to comment on some other posts I read--those lunge/weight lifts get better, trust me, because it was by far the hardest move for me to complete in the beginning.
    JM gets repetitive so I have no listened to her since day 1, I play music over her and then I hate on her, because she takes too many breaks herself. If I'm sweating, Jillian needs to feel my pain too! I hate that she is casually walking around the set while I'm tired, she needs to put in the work just like the girls in the back. That is probably why the girls in the back are much more fit than she is. (JM rant over)
    Girls who are doing this with 5lb weights, wtg! Those lunge/weight lifts must really burn, lol. I know my 3lb weights make me hurt.
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just sat here & read through everyone's updates since my last post. I love reading everyone's posts even if I don't comment on each one. It is still motivating! :)

Carol-I hope you feel better soon!!!

I completed day 5 last night and day 6 today of level 1. It seems like I remember it feeling easier by day 6 usually but for some reason, it didn't really feel much easier today & I had plenty of sleep so I can't blame it on that. If I'm finding it still pretty hard by day 10, I may do a couple more days of level 1 before going up to level 2. I'll see how it goes though.

Some awesome news? The scale dropped this morning!!!! Oh my goodness, I think my heart skipped a beat. :) The scale had went up at first. I'm guessing it was water retention with the bucketload of muscle soreness I had. But, today, it's down a little over 2lbs. My official weekly weigh-in day isn't until Mondays but, right now, I'm weighing daily until I know I've got myself in a good weightloss mindset. Hitting that scale each morning is just my little reminder to myself to work my butt off (quite literally!) & watch my calorie intake. I'll also be checking measurements on Monday & will post my weekly progress. I'm a little excited to know, too!
  • AngeliaDR
    Options
    New to the community. Loving the support!
    I'm day 8 level 1 and have already lost over 10 inches and 4lbs. Loving the shred. I run up and down my house stairs 30 ups 30 downs before and after for extra cardio. My three year old daughters think I'm nuts but it works.
  • spr0ckit
    spr0ckit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 Level 1. My muscles are killing me. Having a great time though! This board is definitely helping my motivation.
  • dalekhunter
    dalekhunter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've got to do Day Four today, but I just wanted to comment on the soreness. Once you get through the warm-up and get your muscles moving the soreness goes away. Mostly.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 day 5 yesterday, not doing it today. But back at it again tomorrow!
  • snowflakeln99
    Options
    Day 7 done. Wahoo! :)
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I skipped one day on friday :( but tonight will be Day 7 of Level one. I (since starting) have not lost any weight but have lost a total of 3 inches. Which I am pretty excited about!
  • mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i'm not gonna lie ya'll.... i fell off of it for a few days. i'm not going to make excuses, i'm just gonna go home tonight and do it.
    Great job everyone for keeping with it! Seeing the posts everyday is what i keeping me going.
  • snowflakeln99
    Options
    Checking in for my weekly report. While I weigh throughout the week, Mondays are my official weekly weigh-in day. I also rechecked my measurements since starting Shred a week ago & I'm happy to say that I'm down 3.1 lbs and 5.5 inches gone! I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can "shred" this week! :)

Everyone stay strong & keep going!!!
  • snowflakeln99
    Options
    I skipped one day on friday :( but tonight will be Day 7 of Level one. I (since starting) have not lost any weight but have lost a total of 3 inches. Which I am pretty excited about!

Yay for those inches!!!! I'm very thankful to have taken measurements, too, because at first-the scale went UP. :( But, it slowly started creeping back down & then suddenly made a drop one morning and then 2 more small drops the following mornings. So, stick with it! I bet that scale will catch up soon. :)
  • snowflakeln99
    Options
    i'm not gonna lie ya'll.... i fell off of it for a few days. i'm not going to make excuses, i'm just gonna go home tonight and do it.
    Great job everyone for keeping with it! Seeing the posts everyday is what i keeping me going.

You've got this! Make sure to check in with us tonight. We're holding you to it!!!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Today I did level 1 day 8 didn't so it yesterday thinking abt doubling up to catch up and go to day 10 tmm def starting level 2/3 Wednesday
  • mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

You've got this! Make sure to check in with us tonight. We're holding you to it!!!

I will thank you! i'm gonna redo day 4 and just start from that point :) trying really hard not to be disappointed in myself....
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 Done!
  • spr0ckit
    spr0ckit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    L1 D3! The soreness is slowly getting a little better - or maybe I'm just getting used to it? During the workout itself it's not that bad, but afterward it's a killer. I've taken to using icy hot at night (I use it a lot when I've had a bad run), and that seems to help.

Everyone's posts are so motivating. Thanks, all, for sharing your experiences! I haven't taken measurements, but I'll do that this week.
  • snowflakeln99
    Options
    Finished day 8 of level 1 earlier this evening while watching a show. Used my husband's ipad & put on the shred workout via youtube & set that up on the mantel so that I could still follow the workout & yet still listen and watch the show. Makes it go by faster I think if I'm not really wanting to get my workout in. And, tonight was one of those nights where I just had to force myself to.