fat, why you do dis to meeeee??

Options

Replies

• sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Digital food scale is a must
    Your counting exercise that is very hard to determine any burn from.. stop doing that (cleaning, yoga, walking, washing the dog, etc).. only count things where you sweat for 20+ minutes.
    Add 100 or so calories to your food to compensate for not counting all this random exercise
    Increase protein to 30% at the expense of carbs/fat

So in general, eat 1400 calories a day, don't eat exercise calories unless you sweat for 20+ minutes of a movement.

Thanks!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Where is the protein?

At the very least, maybe 40 carb, 30 fat, 30 protein. I'm actually on a 40 protein, 30 carb, 30 fat plan and it is really hard to stick to it.

what do you eat to hit your protein goals every day...?

I eat yogurt almost every day... and eggs. I literally feel like I have eggs coming out my ears. And fish -- but a person can only consume so much fish.

It is tough, I'm not going to lie. I don't get there every day. It's just a goal. I can get to about 35% protein pretty easily now though.

This is pretty typical for me...

Protein shake if I work out in the AM
    Grilled chicken and salad for lunch with a peanut butter based dressing
    Tilapia / cod / shrimp / etc. for dinner with some sauteed veggies (I use butter - don't be scared of fat!) and a sweet potato
    Plain 0% greek yogurt with choc chips and dried fruit for dessert
    Quest bar for snack
    Hard boiled eggs for snack
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    ok. queue the sad music and listen to me whine for a few... then maybe you could help a girl out? pleaseandthankyou.

At the end of November (2013), I was at a low of 132-ish. then the hurricane known as December happened (a month of Christmas parties and banquets and whatnot) and I gained roughly 4 lbs. I lost 2 of those lbs fairly easily -- but I've been stuck (like, foot-caught-in-a-bear-trap stuck) between 134-135 for weeks.

last week I started running again (it's been about a year -- long story), and I've been consistantly walking at least 1.5 miles every day since last summer... so it's not like i'm a complete bump on a log. I also mix in some JM 30DS, Leslie Sansone DVD's, Yoga, calisthenics (pretty sure I spelled that wrong), etc.

I have been trying to be more aware of my macros instead of just eating anything and everything under the sun as long as it's within my calorie goal.

oh, these might be helpful. my stats:

SEX: female
    BUILD: petite/small
    HEIGHT: 5'3"
    HW: 157+
    CW: 134.4
    GW: 120
    UGW: 115-120

I have my macros set to Carbs (50%), Fat (35%), Protein (15%).

My daily calorie goal is 1300. however, I usually eat between 1300-1650 depending on how much I exercise.

My diary is (or at least should be) open... so have a look-see if you'd like. Generally, I eat pretty healthy (minus the 1/2 of GIANT Peanut Butter Cup I had last night for a snack. yumzo!). I don't eat red meat (except Bacon... because I love bacon), but I do eat chicken and fish (mainly salmon and tuna). I eat alot of eggs... especially on the weekends.

So, my questions is -- why I no lose poundages!!?

5911300919_Why_you_no_xlarge.jpeg

Anyone have any words of wisdom, magical secrets, or raspberry keytones they'd care to share? :flowerforyou:

You are probably eating more calories than you are telling yourself... usually the way.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    ok. queue the sad music and listen to me whine for a few... then maybe you could help a girl out? pleaseandthankyou.

At the end of November (2013), I was at a low of 132-ish. then the hurricane known as December happened (a month of Christmas parties and banquets and whatnot) and I gained roughly 4 lbs. I lost 2 of those lbs fairly easily -- but I've been stuck (like, foot-caught-in-a-bear-trap stuck) between 134-135 for weeks.

last week I started running again (it's been about a year -- long story), and I've been consistantly walking at least 1.5 miles every day since last summer... so it's not like i'm a complete bump on a log. I also mix in some JM 30DS, Leslie Sansone DVD's, Yoga, calisthenics (pretty sure I spelled that wrong), etc.

I have been trying to be more aware of my macros instead of just eating anything and everything under the sun as long as it's within my calorie goal.

oh, these might be helpful. my stats:

SEX: female
    BUILD: petite/small
    HEIGHT: 5'3"
    HW: 157+
    CW: 134.4
    GW: 120
    UGW: 115-120

I have my macros set to Carbs (50%), Fat (35%), Protein (15%).

My daily calorie goal is 1300. however, I usually eat between 1300-1650 depending on how much I exercise.

My diary is (or at least should be) open... so have a look-see if you'd like. Generally, I eat pretty healthy (minus the 1/2 of GIANT Peanut Butter Cup I had last night for a snack. yumzo!). I don't eat red meat (except Bacon... because I love bacon), but I do eat chicken and fish (mainly salmon and tuna). I eat alot of eggs... especially on the weekends.

So, my questions is -- why I no lose poundages!!?

5911300919_Why_you_no_xlarge.jpeg

Anyone have any words of wisdom, magical secrets, or raspberry keytones they'd care to share? :flowerforyou:

You are probably eating more calories than you are telling yourself... usually the way.

THIS was super helpful. thank you ever so much for taking the time to type those well-thought-out 14 words of immense wisdom. :huh:
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    You run.

That's good.

Change your schedule so that you run in the morning when you first get up.

Six days a week. Five days a week minimum.

Down some water and off you go!

Train for the usual 5k runs that they have everywhere,

The pounds will come off.

This is somewhat true, but people often don't see weight loss from running because they overestimate burns and refuel too much and basically eliminate the deficit they created. Running is great exercise but not in itself going to ensure the loss, controlled diet will.

Wrong answer.

You show me someone who runs consistently five days a week for three months and I will show you weight loss and a happier person. IMO, life is too short to obsess about what you eat.

Agree. When I ran all the time aa year ago I was dropping weight pretty quickly. and my moods were better, I had more energy, etc.
  • roniredd
    Options
    I would use the macros set by myfitnesspal. Just my opinion. Hang in there!
  • sunnshhiine
    Options

Thanks!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You run.

That's good.

This is somewhat true, but people often don't see weight loss from running because they overestimate burns and refuel too much and basically eliminate the deficit they created. Running is great exercise but not in itself going to ensure the loss, controlled diet will.

Wrong answer.

You show me someone who runs consistently five days a week for three months and I will show you weight loss and a happier person. IMO, life is too short to obsess about what you eat.

Agree. When I ran all the time aa year ago I was dropping weight pretty quickly. and my moods were better, I had more energy, etc.

Then explain how people gain weight when training for half marathons and marathons?
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    You run.

That's good.

Wrong answer.

Then explain how people gain weight when training for half marathons and marathons?

they eat too much...?
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    Where is the protein?

At the very least, maybe 40 carb, 30 fat, 30 protein. I'm actually on a 40 protein, 30 carb, 30 fat plan and it is really hard to stick to it.

what do you eat to hit your protein goals every day...?

I eat yogurt almost every day... and eggs. I literally feel like I have eggs coming out my ears. And fish -- but a person can only consume so much fish.

Definitely up your protein. Try low-fat cheese & cottage cheese, (or regular fat if you're not too worried about fat intake), greek yogurt, beans, chicken, turkey, shrimp, crab, etc... I would avoid consistently eating them same types of things, because I find I get too bored and HANGRY and then wanna go food crazy.

It also seems you may want to eat more of your exercise calories back. Your net seems a little low.

MMM. turkey and shrimp -- love those! I'll have to stock up on those and keep them in the freezer for eazy grab-and-go type lunches for work. Cheese is also a great idea. the only beans I can really tolerate is refried beans (lol) and the occasional serving of black beans. i love, LOVE greek yogurt.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty accurate then, my apologies. Yeah it seems like reassessing your macros might be you best shot at this point since your calorie goals seems pretty good and you are hitting them.

any suggestions on what my macros should be...?
    \\

40 protein/30 carbs/30 fat is pretty standard
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I used the information in this post to get my macros:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

And here's a good list of protein sources:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    You run.

That's good.

Wrong answer.

they eat too much...?

Yet it says to run and not worry about what you eat. It has to be a combo of the two to be successful.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    That sounds pretty accurate then, my apologies. Yeah it seems like reassessing your macros might be you best shot at this point since your calorie goals seems pretty good and you are hitting them.

any suggestions on what my macros should be...?
    \\

40 protein/30 carbs/30 fat is pretty standard

Thank you!! I have a feeling I won't be able to hit 40% protein every day. le sigh. so I sent my macros (for now to see how it goes) to 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. we'll see how I do with this.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options

Awesome!! Thank you!!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    It's important to run first thing in the morning. Just drink water- no food.

You break the habit of eating when you get up that way.

Getting used to an empty stomach is one of the keys to permanent weight loss.

This will not only control your hunger but alter your perception of it.

Um.... what? :angry:

Break the habit of eating? The key to permanent weight loss is learning to eat in moderation and maintaining a sustainable calorie goal. Hunger typically has very little to do with nutritional needs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's important to run first thing in the morning. Just drink water- no food.

You break the habit of eating when you get up that way.

This will not only control your hunger but alter your perception of it.

Um.... what? :angry:

Break the habit of eating? The key to permanent weight loss is learning to eat in moderation and maintaining a sustainable calorie goal. Hunger typically has very little to do with nutritional needs.

here we go again with the no breakfast thing...

Getting used to weighing food and eating at Maintenance is the key to permanent weight loss...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Thanks!!!

NOooooooooo

They theirs set to minumums and averages...

as NDJ said 40 c/30 protien/ 30 fat is usually good..

I have mine at that and it's pretty easy now to get all my protien in...greek yogurt, skim milk, shrimp, eggs, bacons, turkey, chicken steak, cheese...not so much peanut butter as it has too many calories and not enough protien to make it worth it for me.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options

that sounds healthy.