Doctor Who Fans Unite!!!

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    matt smith is my absolute fave!!! i never thought he would replace david, but i fell in love with matt, and cried when he changed to the new older doctor.....*sigh* but ill give the new doctor a chance (i say that every time LOL)
    ( i think i cried over david too ....hahha!!)

oh and i hated river song.... dunno why, just didnt like her for some reason... but loved the impossible girl Clara !
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    LOVE. THIS. THREAD. I started watching Eccleston on Netflix, and at first I was like....:huh: but I quickly became obsessed!! (Still can't get my hubby on board though :grumble: )

Gotta say, even though my first was 9, Tennant has and probably always will be my fave. I'm watching through the originals now. One, because I'm obsessed and want to know all the doctors! And two, because Hulu is SO FRIGGIN BEHIND on the newest seasons. I'm a little annoyed...

Also, I love the Ponds, but Rose Tyler is a frackin bada$$. No question.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have been a fan since the 70's - My first doctor will always be my Dr. - Tom Baker. But love them all.
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looooove Doctor Who! My little brother got me this beautiful picture of Rose and 10 for Christmas. http://imgur.com/gallery/mFQBH9u
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    9 was my first Doctor, but 11 is my Doctor (hence my profile picture - I was 11 for Halloween just gone!) However, I am insanely excited to see Capaldi in action!
    I have a TARDIS in my bedroom, but it's not properly built at the moment - a photo will be on here as soon as it is!

I could have written this myself (except for the TARDIS in my bedroom part but I do have a TARDIS keychain and a pic of Matt Smith in Womb on my image display thingy in my car and the cosplaying as 11 part).

Eccleston (and the show) had me at "Run".

It took me a full series to get used to Tennant as the Doctor. He and Rose (mostly Rose) really bugged me in series 2 altho I didn't hate his scenes without her. The only time I truly liked 10 was during series 4 with Donna as the companion.
    By the way, has anyone tried fish fingers and custard yet?

I have! It wasn't bad but I prefer them separately. It had actually been a long time since I'd had fish sticks/fingers and I'd forgotten how much I loved them.
  • smboaty
    Options
    Awesome thread! My love :love: started last year actually. My 16yr old daughter has been talking about Dr Who for the last 3 years and has been obsessed with it! She has been trying to get me and my hubby on board for a while and we finally have succomend and THANK GOODNESS!!! I love this show! Started with Chris Ec, now on season 4 Tenant... I keep telling me daughter there is NO WAY Matt Smith will be better than Tenant, and that I will cry :sad: when he regenerates but she keeps telling me to keep an open mind because Matt Smith is great :)

I love that we have such an enlightened child :) She has hooked us on both Dr Who and Sherlock. (Is it weird to say that my daughter has excellent taste in TV men? LOL) Next on board is Torchwood ;)
  • HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tenth Doctor for me.

We are having a suprise pj bday party for a friend this weekend. He is from London so we are having an English theme to it.
    I will be wearing
    71OjMkJJCML._SY679_.jpg

and they got him this pajama set

41bY0skibwL._SX342_.jpg

Yes!!!!
  • rungurl3
    rungurl3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    "Sad is happy for smart people" ~ Sally Sparrow in the "Blink" episode.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Next on board is Torchwood ;)

Torchwood, IMO, is a fabulous program. I have watched every stitch of it available and really really wish there was more. It is a far more adult show than Doctor Who, and gets much more grim at times, but man is it thought-provoking and quite visceral at times.
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love this! My favorite is David Tennant, but Christopher Eccleston is who got me hooked. :-)
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Impossible Astronaut Day/Silence Day: April 23rd

I propose we all do this... to the gym! >:)

Well, crud. It's coming in huge, and I have no idea how to fix it. So here's the link:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1621950_622748907779804_1135955229_n.jpg
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Well, crud. It's coming in huge, and I have no idea how to fix it. So here's the link:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1621950_622748907779804_1135955229_n.jpg

Im doing it.

impossibleastroday500x476_zpsfd8642a0.jpg
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I love that we have such an enlightened child :) She has hooked us on both Dr Who and Sherlock. (Is it weird to say that my daughter has excellent taste in TV men? LOL) Next on board is Torchwood ;)

Speaking of excellent taste in TV men, you are going to LOVE Torchwood. That Captain Jack is yummy!!! :wink:
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options

Totally going to do it if I'm not working that day :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Speaking of excellent taste in TV men, you are going to LOVE Torchwood. That Captain Jack is yummy!!! :wink:

Torchwood is awesome, but there are also points along the way that I just want to punch the producers and writers.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

If I didn't work in an office...at a University...I would definitely do this!!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

If I didn't work in an office...at a University...I would definitely do this!!

Oh I'm so gonna ride the subway all day with marks all over me.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This would have been a vastly different song!!

1614381_10151845259761529_935272048_o.jpg
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love Doctor Who, glad to see so many others do, too!
    Favourite doctor for me is 10 but I love the others as well.
    Companions, Rose and Donna but I really liked Amy and Rory, and so far like Clara so I hope to see more of her, and excited to see what 12 brings.
    Just drinking some tea...
    97949055c27c39b2994830ce0945f10a_zpsa50e1295.jpg
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

Im doing it.

OMG I want to do this!!!