Early Risers!

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Woke up a little late today. Work out start at 6:30 this morning. Did my TF workouts...55EZ & HIIT 20. Trying to stay on track even with the holiday coming up on Thursday.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Got up and made it to the gym. Now I am ready to start my day. Let's see how manny of us can get to the gym tomorrow.
  • dctucker
    dctucker Posts: 13 Member
    Up at 4:30 AM to my BB coach's office for a 5:00 AM workout. I couldn't do it if I didn't know he was there waiting for me 3x/week! I'm not a morning person either, and this makes all the difference for me. I started 2 1/2 weeks ago, today was my 7th workout with him and I feel GREAT. Burned 422 cal in a 30 minute cardio session, according to the BodyMedia Fit that's been sitting in the closet untouched for 1+ year, another 120 or so just cooling down before I got in the shower.

Thanksgiving Day we're sleeping in till 7:00 AM, Friday back to 5:00 AM. Gonna weigh in before I go, and I WILL log everything that passes my teeth on Thanksgiving. My 10 1/2 y.o. daughter wants to come with me tomorrow and Friday, I think I inspired her to get a little more fit and work on the little spare tire she has. :) She has a positive body image (not gonna do THAT to her!), but she sees how good I feel and wants to be a part of it. I'm proud of her. :)

January we start P90X, 5 days/week. I'm ready, I can't wait!
  • sas16
    Got up on time this morning and was working out @ 5:30. Did TF Fire 45 & Core 20, and 30DS Level 2. Came out to a 90 min workout and burned 757 cals! Been pushing extra hard this week and I'm feeling pretty good!!
  • Is it too late to join?...I am always so tired after work but I know I need to work out and I'm tired of pushing through it...I would much rather workout in the morning so I will be a little more awake at work in the morning...let me know if I can join...thanks so much and have a great Thanksgiving!!!1
  • sas16
    Is it too late to join?...I am always so tired after work but I know I need to work out and I'm tired of pushing through it...I would much rather workout in the morning so I will be a little more awake at work in the morning...let me know if I can join...thanks so much and have a great Thanksgiving!!!1

The more, the merrier....even in the wee early hours of the morning! LOL. Welcome to the group. :)
  • sas16
    Did get up early yesterday and worked out. Up again this morning and did 75 mins of TF.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
  • dctucker
    dctucker Posts: 13 Member
    ACK! Alarm clock malfunction this AM. Woke up 22 minutes after I was supposed to meet my coach. Got up and WENT ANYWAY! He was pissed at first, but in the end gave me props for actually showing up. Did the last 20 minutes of a core workout. Didn't feel like enough after Thanksgiving, so went to the Y and did 4 bursts on the stationary bike. Gotta rest tomorrow to make that pay.
  • sas16
    Up this morning @ 6 and did an hour workout!
  • There needs to be a group now for those who stumble out of bed late and then burn all their calories off in a frenzy to make it to work on time! :laugh:
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    How's it going, Early Risers!! Ready for another week??? Especially after the holiday weekend. I know I feel off the wagon a bit during turkey day.. but tomorrow is a new day, so let's get to it! :D We got this!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Made it today. At the gym by 5:15 had to cut weight short but got a bit more cardio in today. Burn a ton of calories and need it after thanksgiving.
  • sas16
    Was working out by quarter to 6 this morning. Still doing my Turbo Fire workouts.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Early is the best! Better still if its dark. Think of all the advantages. If it's dark you can skip the makeup. If you must take a walk break during a run, probably no one will know. There is less traffic; in fact you may have the streets to yourself - luxury! When you walk the dog it saves "special deliveries" accumulating in your yard. You can wear the cute outfit with more confidence because if it isn't looking as fine as it will in a few weeks yet, no one will know who you are. You can get lucky this time of year and catch sight of deer and other wildlife in those pre-dawn hours. And best of all you will get the benefit of "after-burn" all day revving up your metabolism.

It just works. Had I maintained my own program I wouldn't have allowed the pounds to creep up this past year. Thank goodness we all get a new start today.

2967818.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

exercise.png
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Count me in! I do Turbo Fire every day at 4:30am (though more like 6am or 7am on Saturday). If anyone needs encouragement feel free to friend me as I am usually on MFP when I'm done to log in my exercise.

Sharon
  • I'm in!! I'm up at 4:30 everyday and start my workout at 5AM! I'll check in before work at 7:30!! I HAVE to workout before work, or all I'll get in is MAYBE a walk at lunchtime!!
  • Good Morning Early Risers!!!
    Hope you all enjoyed an early workout!!
    I did Jillian Michael's Shred DVD then some extra stretching/yoga starting at 5AM.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Good afternoon all early risers I made it to the gym today and did my cardio and legs. I did get to the gym a bit late agine so I think I think I will set my alarm a bit earlyer. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    I made it on time today. Hope u all have a really good workout as I am sure I will.
  • Good morning. 5am, up and getting ready to workout. Hit the snooze twice, but getting going now. Have a great morning workout everyone!