Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Great post... thanks! I have lost 8 lbs in almost 10months LOL. (I've also lost 6inches and 1 pants size) More of the same as you said. I lose some... gained some... SLOOOOOWLY losing again doing almost no cardio, NROLFW (Phase 3 right now - I enjoy the complexity :), eating around 1500cal/day. Last week was my week off from NROLFW and I decided I wanted a break. My deficit for the week was only 700cals. But I ate fudge... drank wine.. ate wings and pizza and cookies and all kinds of lovely tasting things. I'm back at it this week and glad I relaxed a bit last week. I'll be lucky if I hit my goal by August.. but atleast I'm not torturing myself to get there and I am enjoying life as I go :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Best success story title ever.

You look awesome :drinker:

all that & more
    and more and more! Awesome job. :drinker:

tumblr_msmg8rfwwJ1ra8x1ao6_500.gif
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome *^.^* I've seen more of your pictures floating around, too, and they always pump me up. =D

And, Laurayinz.....I love you for posting that gif. >.>;
  • rosevalleygirl23
    rosevalleygirl23 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! And healthy response to delicious food. I make yummy food too and love it!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You're awesome :flowerforyou:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    this is quite possibly the best thing I've read in a while. thanks for the smiles and giggles. :) keep being you!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am similar to you about it. I am already at my calorie goal for the day and then I'm like "what's that, banana bread?"
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the awesome post!! I really want to hurt people who tell me skinny tastes better than.....whatever they are giving up. :flowerforyou:

When people say that I assume the food I eat tastes better than what they eat.

Truth, because no one can tell me skinny feels better than bacon tastes.

Needed this so badly.....been off my game since October and people noticing I'm not losing & actually gaining like to spout off that helpful line. Wish I could hold up my new pic every time I hear it.
  • I agree, but for me I have to avoid the sweet stuff as much as possible, because once I start I can't stop until the whole packet is gone!!
  • Aquamum9
    Options
    I love this post. You look amazing! And proof that cookies can STILL be eaten. I want to be your friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    2a0d2593d98d43d2395afe574969825a.jpg

Didn't read past the words cookies. You're giving away some, right?
  • 1bubblybroad
    Options
    I'm gonna go with someone else who said; "Best. story. ever!" I really enjoyed reading your post. You're a helluva gal and you look awesome! Now I don't feel so bad about the choc. chip cookies I ate today. :happy:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I agree, but for me I have to avoid the sweet stuff as much as possible, because once I start I can't stop until the whole packet is gone!!

I'm always a little...meh about this line of reasoning. I've been a 13x9,pan of brownie eater or a whole pack of oreos eater so I can relate to that feeling of being unable to stop once you start, I really can.

But its through calorie counting and learning to make things fit that I am able to curb behavior. I'm able to only eat a few cookies instead of an entire sleeve because I never tried to make myself quit but rather made myself tone it down.

I log before I eat. I look at the numbers in black and white then ask myself "is this where I want to be today. Would another brownie (or five) actually improve my day. Will it make me happy, really?

I don't believe there is any benefit to cutting things out because it doesn't teach you anything. The problem with food still persists, you're just ignoring it.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I agree, but for me I have to avoid the sweet stuff as much as possible, because once I start I can't stop until the whole packet is gone!!

I'm always a little...meh about this line of reasoning. I've been a 13x9,pan of brownie eater or a whole pack of oreos eater so I can relate to that feeling of being unable to stop once you start, I really can.

But its through calorie counting and learning to make things fit that I am able to curb behavior. I'm able to only eat a few cookies instead of an entire sleeve because I never tried to make myself quit but rather made myself tone it down.

I log before I eat. I look at the numbers in black and white then ask myself "is this where I want to be today. Would another brownie (or five) actually improve my day. Will it make me happy, really?

I don't believe there is any benefit to cutting things out because it doesn't teach you anything. The problem with food still persists, you're just ignoring it.

GOLDEN advice!!!!! How old are you?????!!!! (Actually, you young ones are getting it long before this chic did).:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In for those amazing cookies! And cause you look awesome!
    I avoid sweets (especially my own baked goods) during the day because once i start, well you know...
    I hope to one day be at a place that I can have sweet treats in moderation without ruining the rest of my day. For now, I'll just keep logging and eating what is working for me...and saving enough calories for dessert every night, even if it's just a cup of hot chocolate made with water:bigsmile:
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    LOVE THIS. You rock!! You are gorgeous and badass!!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great story thank you
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Moderation FTMFW. I love your posts, you're rockin' it girl.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! You made my day with your awesome post!

Your positive attitude and success are inspiring. This enables women like me not to feel guilty when enjoying cookies (or pizza n beer in my case). :drinker:

Saw this recipe today- covers 3 of the food groups- chocolate, bacon, and whiskey :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1192481-homemade-bacon-bourbon-chocolate-chip-cookies
  • XxFitnessJunkiexX
    Options
    You look awesome! This post is awesome! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!