Has Anyone Tried the 3-Day Fruit Flush Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• cciruso
    cciruso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    worked great for me, but you must stick to the rotations of food and water. I lost 5 pounds the first week. the next week just 3 lbs, week after just 2 lbs. You cannot go back to a regular diet afterwards if you are wanting to keep those pounds you lose off. I followed with a much healthier way of eating afterwards, weaning myself into food again, minimal sugar,minimal bread, and more protein, nice breakfast and lunch, and not eating heavily for dinner.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Three days with diarrhea? That sounds like a fast track to dehydration!
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think that it sounds like it could possibly work it just depends on how much you already weigh. From what Ive heard it sounds like the idea of this diet is not to increase rapid weight loss, but to break your body of its bad habbits, flush it of all of the fake sugars, and stop the cravings that people get from refined sugars. Our bodies crave things like soda and candy, and if you can break your body of that habbit in a fast way like turning its attention to fruit, I think that is a very positive thing and very possible. However I dont think that youll lose 9 pounds just from eating like that. I think that it also involves things like if you do the insanity work out ect. When I was doing the insanity workout and eating their diet, I was losing 2 pounds a day and that was pretty darn good since I couldnt do the workout front to back but had to take breaks. <3 Good luck, If you want to try it let me know your results :) PS. you can always make your own shakes/smoothies. You dont have to buy thier expensive promos. <3
  • Jjsharry
    Jjsharry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    As soon as I hear the word 'diet' used to explain a regime suggesting / telling people what to eat, as opposed to a noun used to describe what people eat, then my 'FAD' alert starts to sound. Along with my 'Con Trick, buy this ****e' alert, my 'follow me, I will fill that viod in your life' alert, and my 'hey, I couldn't be bothered to actually study dietetics but will now call myself a nutritionist / personal trainer / life coach / some other bull' alert.

So to answer the OP's question, no, I have never heard of the '3-Day Fruit Flush Diet', and I am going to go out on a limb here....

.... I will run but naked up and down the main road where I live if there is any peer reviewed research that shows that it is anything other than a) a load of crud, or b) just another 'fad' way of presenting the calories in / out. watch your macro's, advice, once it's broken down.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't just eat fruits. I eat a ton of veggies as well and limited nuts and seeds. Sometimes I'll have grains as well. There are olympians and super athletes that eat this way. Of course there's unhealthy ways to do anything, but I eat the rainbow and as much as I want. AND YES I LOVE WHAT I EAT AND AM SATISFIED. I get a ton of vitamins and minerals and feel AMAZING.
    Sugar is only bad if you have fat. Anyway- I'm done posting here- if anyone actually has real questions rather than bashing without asking questions- send me a message.

I have a real question - please name these 100% fruitarian olympians and super athletes. thank you
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    worked great for me, but you must stick to the rotations of food and water. I lost 5 pounds the first week. the next week just 3 lbs, week after just 2 lbs. You cannot go back to a regular diet afterwards if you are wanting to keep those pounds you lose off. I followed with a much healthier way of eating afterwards, weaning myself into food again, minimal sugar,minimal bread, and more protein, nice breakfast and lunch, and not eating heavily for dinner.

You can lose that much on a lot of diets because water weight comes off first. It's not necessarily true fat loss.

What do you mean "You cannot go back to a regular diet afterwards" ? Do people have to keep eating fruit until all the weight is off.
  • babygurl1213
    babygurl1213 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used it 2 years ago when is started taking Ali and it helped me lose 100 in 6 months. As a matter of fact I am doing it now started it today. this morning weighted in at 228. I will keep you posted.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't just eat fruits. I eat a ton of veggies as well and limited nuts and seeds. Sometimes I'll have grains as well. There are olympians and super athletes that eat this way. Of course there's unhealthy ways to do anything, but I eat the rainbow and as much as I want. AND YES I LOVE WHAT I EAT AND AM SATISFIED. I get a ton of vitamins and minerals and feel AMAZING.
    Sugar is only bad if you have fat. Anyway- I'm done posting here- if anyone actually has real questions rather than bashing without asking questions- send me a message.

I have a real question - please name these 100% fruitarian olympians and super athletes. thank you

Interesting. Someone necromanced this thread and revealed this question that I asked which hasn't been answered.

I'd like names of 100% fruitarian olympians and super athletes please. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • adrienne_m_h
    Options
    My husband and I have done this two weeks in a row and just ate healthy (low sodium foods) the other 4 days of the week. I also added kraft fat free catalina dressing to my dinner salad. I have lost 14lbs and he has lost 15lbs! It really works no joke! And the second week is much easier. We are planning on doing this for a full twelve weeks. Then maybe once a month after. It really gives you a lot more energy afterwards.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Nope. Calorie deficit, meet your macros, & moderation of foods you enjoy. Simple plan, hard work, sustainable over time, results.
  • lolatennis
    Options
    I love doing this diet. I lost 38 pounds through this form of intermittent fasting and exercise. I personally am a big fan of intermittent fasting. It works for me and gives me a great burst of energy. Try it. See what works for you. Do a lot of your own research that way you are educated about the different perspectives and theories of health and diet.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options
    Another zombie thread resurrected by a newbie poster recommending a diet which involves buying special shakes.

Hmmmmmm. :yawn:
  • lesliefuquawilliams
    Options
    I try to do the 3 day flush every 4 months to help keep regulated/motivated. The first day is rough without my coffee, but day 2 & 3 are much better. I have lost at most 6 pounds and I have been doing this diet at least 7 years. But I find the best result to be the detox from sugar and caffeine. Once I complete the 3 day I am set to start a healthy normal diet without feeling cravings. So if you treat this flush like a kick start you will be very happy. You will feel great afterward regardless!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options
    So each time you do this you lose about 6lb of water weight - why is this a good thing?

And why do you need to detox from sugar and caffeine - is impossible to avoid all sugar in your diet anyway,and conversely,very easy to avoid caffeine if you want to do so. Which I presume you don't, since you normally drink coffee.

And exactly how does a fruit flush detox you of these things anyway?
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Take some advice, in general the best weight loss tips and tricks come free. It sounds like the 3-day fruit flush people are trying to sell you something, that's a big red flag in my book.

Fitness pal is free, and community members here are posting responses and giving you advice for free.

Here's a better diet, it's called calorie counting-

*Tools you'll need- Scale, food scale (in grams) and measuring cup.

Tips*
    all food goes on the scale unless it's liquid (even peanut butter should be weighed in grams)

Record everything and check and double check the food entries in the fitness pal database, they can be off sometimes.

Don't estimate, measure.

When doing cardio use a machine that has a heart rate monitor or consider investing in a fit bit type thing. I like elliptical with cardio programs that adjust / reduce intensity based on your target heart rate.

Heart rate monitors aren't effective for heavy lifting, consider either not recording the calories burned when heavy lifting or cut my fitness pal's estimate in half.

Start a beginners heavy lifting program in addition to a good cardio program. You cannot build muscle while eating at a calorie deficit, but you can improve strength and mitigate muscle loss while losing weight. If you don't use it you'll lose it.

Good luck!