Your turkey day workout

Options

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My family is beginning a new tradition and participating in a Turkey Trot. I'm fairly excited about it, honestly. My kids are still little, and don't have a lot of experience with traditional Thanksgiving, so I'm looking forward to starting something new that we can maintain.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Well, our gym is closed so I'll be on my own for Thanksgiving. I figure that my fiance and I will take a walk at the lake near my parents house or wait until we get home and do the Wii Fit. It depends how tired we are after the big meal.:-P

Shannon
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    slow walk with my laptop for 4 hours, exercising and school at the same time!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nothing to major, I am going to try to add and hour walk and an extra round of the ds...plus rented the new dance game for the wii lol so I figure that will burn some calories after dinner (but not logging those):P
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    we will be at my parents house for the day. they have a. recumbent bike so i'll more than likely hop on that.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I plan on running 5-6 miles
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Spin Class at the gym at 9:00Am then a run on the treadmill!

Me too!!
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing my 30 Day shred early tomorrow morning! i'm going to zumba tonight and going to work my butt off. My goal for this week is to not gain weight. So far so good.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yoga X and possibly a workout on my elliptical while my turkey is cooking :)
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    a run in the morning and that will be it for the day
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    I plan on getting up early and doing Turbo Fire- Fire 55 before leaving for the airport. :happy:
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X. Just can't decide if I'll wake up extra early or just do it over the baby's nap time (but then it'll cut into my cooking time). I can burn a good amount of calories doing that, I might try to do the new Wii dance game in the evening with my neighbor if she's feeling up for it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X. Just can't decide if I'll wake up extra early or just do it over the baby's nap time (but then it'll cut into my cooking time). I can burn a good amount of calories doing that, I might try to do the new Wii dance game in the evening with my neighbor if she's feeling up for it.

Great plan guys.
    Frostyisis - super cute pic of you and the baby!!!
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Thanks edorice, we were having fun with the webcam!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    5 mile Turkey Trot tomorrow morning for me! :)
  • FlashBang
    Options
    Got 60 min run on the schedule, part will be 5k turkey trot, if they let me do it twice, I'm done.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    I wish the Y was open at least until noon on Thanksgiving! Of all the days to be closed!!!! :tongue:

Oh, ours is open until 1:00! Are you sure yours is closed all day?
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I can't get to the gym, I'll do my 30 Day Shred 2 times.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Just finished Insanity Core Cardio & Balance; burned 577 calories. I'm digesting a protein shake and about to head to the gym down the street to hit the treadmill. Then it's turkey time!!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Just did a Turkey Bowl (football game) instead of my normal workout. I know it's not pure cardio, but I can tell I'm sore already. Good leg workout for me. And I'm elated to see my injury is almost gone. *crossing my fingers*