Anyone growing they're hair out uber long? :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mine is to my waist now, I want to grow it out a little more so I can donate it to locks of love. This will be my 2nd time donating :)
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    I grew my hair out for my wedding, but then cut it shortly after. Just last week I cut it around chin length. I just can't do long hair anymore. I was tired of it always getting/being tangled, and the annoying time it took to dry.
    I admire all of you who do have the long, pretty hair. It just isn't for me anymore.

That's not to say I don't own a couple of really long haired wigs that i'll sport if I wanna switch things up. I like the variety ;)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am attempting it!! I had a couple recent haircuts that I wasn't fond of, left my hair choppy. I want to keep it layered and stylish, but grow it out long. Right now it's barely sitting at my shoulders!!
  • nanaosakibbs
    Options
    I want too again it used to be down to my booty but now it is short and spiky on top and I HATE IT!!!!! I want it long and layered!!!!
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    ooh I want mine waist length! It's only just above my boobs though :/
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Mine is to my waist now, I want to grow it out a little more so I can donate it to locks of love. This will be my 2nd time donating :)

Good Cause. When my 17 year old, Holland, was 5, her older sister had a friend that had cancer. Holland heard about "Locks of Love" and asked if she could donate her hair. We cut it and sent it in. I was very proud of her. Coincidentally, the next week, Sammy Hagar, cut his hair on Jay Leno and sent his in. Sammy Hagar is still Holland's favorite. I took her to see him about 6 times since.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Yep, my hair is currently down to my shoulders, but I'm growing it out for my wedding next year...if I can't get it long enough...I'll just have to rely on good old extensions :laugh:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Good Cause. When my 17 year old, Holland, was 5, her older sister had a friend that had cancer. Holland heard about "Locks of Love" and asked if she could donate her hair. We cut it and sent it in. I was very proud of her. Coincidentally, the next week, Sammy Hagar, cut his hair on Jay Leno and sent his in. Sammy Hagar is still Holland's favorite. I took her to see him about 6 times since.

awww, that's lovely :flowerforyou:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My hair is tail bone length and growing.....shooting for knee length before I die!

The previous posters are correct - no color, heat, light brushing, etc.. We long-hairs have a saying: treat your hair like antique lace. It's true. I'm very careful with mine, and wear it up in a bun most days since it's easier for work. Many folks wishing to color use henna since it's gentle on your hair.

Check out longhaircommunity.com for great inspiration, tips, etc., for those with long hair or wanna-bes. Men are welcome, too, and some of them have the most beautiful hair you've ever seen!

For the record, Locks of Love is a scam. They sell most of the hair they collect and actually make very few wigs. There are much worthier organizations you can donate your hair to if you're so inclined. There is info on this at the LHC web site above. Not to say that those folks who donated to them didn't do so out of generosity, but check them out before you donate.

Step away from the curling iron and good luck!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I've always wanted to grow mine to my elbows... it just doesnt like to grow much longer than it is now (arm-pit length). Is there anything to help it grow longer? I get it trimmed every month and a half to two months to try and keep it has healthy as I can.

I don't cut mine, at all, for like, a year at time, easily.
    I also don't straighten or blow dry it, ever.
    It grows super fast and is really thick.

I'm with you Amanda. I haven't cut mine since I moved 18 months ago, no I just remembered I got a trim once, I think abotu 12 months ago. It grows really fast. I had it down to my belly button after my first baby, but by the time the 4th came 5 years later it was short. Now the "baby" is almost 5 and I am growing it out again. I am getting it trimmed soon though. My mom wants to reward me for my weight loss by getting me a hair cut to pamper me. She's so sweet. But I will continue to grow it out. Currently it's all one length to my bra band. Oh yes, and no heat of any kind and no colour--keeps it healthy.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I donate my hair every two years to pantene beautiful lengths. I heard Locks of Love was not a great organization so I did a tiny bit of research to pick pantene. Right now my hair is at collarbone length but i miss it being down to the bottom of my ribcage :( I take a hair skin and nails vitamin but don't think it's helping with growth or strength of the hair :-/