pals in 40s and 50s

Options

Replies

• rosienesantos142
    Options
    I am just starting out again had dropped 35 lbs in 2010, but gad a hard time maintaining
    Need motivation...
    I am not good at logging in food, also need a kick start on exercising.
    I am a 41yo, working mother of 2 skinny teens and nursing student as well
    Fell free to add me
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be added by anyone on this thread. 48, with 1 mostly-grown son, and about 40 to 50 pounds to lose. I've dropped a few pounds over the last month, but I want to kick up the exercise more.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I'm 41 and I am on MFP every day :-)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Probably posted here before...44 here and in for the long haul..

anyone needs support feel free to add
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and been back logging for about a week. I have about 15 lbs to lose. I'm trying to slowly increase the intensity of my workouts. I have 2 sons - 21 yr old weightlifter and a 22 year old with Autism. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • Sheri3851
    Sheri3851 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I just turned 50 and heavier than ever even after having my three children. Have three teenagers who like to eat but I'm making them and my husband go on this journey with me. At least for meals that I cook :) I would love to have be supportive and have support. Please add me if you would like. Best of luck to all!
  • fancymommy3
    Options
    I sent a message to add me. I'm 43 and have 1 teenager, 1 tween and a Kindergartener. I can't eat like they can so I am struggling to keep my portions and sweets in check. I would love to add me for support, and anyone else as well! I've done this a couple of times and when I stop tracking, I start gaining. Help me keep on track too! :happy:

I'll be posting a pic as soon as my computer is up and working again....
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    43 here, one boy aged 8, finding out I was borderline for type 2 diabetes is what put me here. I've decided this time it has to be a complete life change and the plan is to SLOWLY lose it all...1-2 pounds a week.

I've dropped off 23 since October..with another 90 some odd to go to the final goal.

Feel free to add me as MFP friend if you'd like. I log in pretty much every day.
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a little old for your group,I'm 62), but I'd like to be added to your group as well. I am a recovering binge eating disorder person brought on by what I thought was a successful diet in which I lost 186 lbs, kept it off for about 18 months, had a disastrous, traumatic 6 month period and totally forgot everything I had ever learned and in the intervening 2 years I have been going steadily up the scale. Plus, the doctor thinks I spent too long under eating and that the binge thing was directly related to it. In any event, I've never missed a day in the gym all this time and I feel like I am living proof that losing weight is about 80 to 90% nutrition. In other words, if you do not eat wisely, you can still exercise and gain weight. I haven''t gained it all back, thank goodness, but am looking at another long road ahead of me.

I have no problems with binge eating anymore if I make sure I eat enough during the day.(My problem was I'd get up in the middle of the night and eat, eat eat.). so logging in and listening to my body is key for me. I've just moved back to MFP after a time not logging and then a time at Weight Watchers. I have no problem with WW, it's just that I have most of my food data in my head stored in calories not points and I was constantly having to look things up.

Support and encouragement is good...I have a husband who is naturally thin and totally doesn't understand eating issues. So welcome and, again, please add me to your group. Everyone can succeed together!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I'm in - 52 yrs old, started the first of the year after my annual physical - had to get on the scales and almost crapped myself when the weight came up at 270 (I'm only 5'9")... so I am now on a mission to lose at least 70lbs and get my *kitten* in shape. been logging meals for 3 weeks now and lost 9.4 lbs in January so well on my way to that goal!

the best words of encouragement I can offer are to find a reason to do this for yourself - if you do it because others tell you to, I guarantee you will fail! - my reason is to see my 11 year year old daughter grow up, graduate high school, college and eventually get married!
  • TapouTFTW
    Options
    Added.

43 year old here, who was diagnosed with gout about a month ago. Having to make a lot of dietary changes can be difficult, especially when the old stand bys are now off limits because of a high purine count. 5 oz of meat a day is a bear to wrestle! I don't really know what I am going to do when I want to start building muscle.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am 56 do insanity, body pump, spin and cardio kick.. Love to exercise and be as fit as possible.
    Read a book that says once you hit 50 exercise is your number one job. Cardio is for health and strength
    training is for living a great long life.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I've been here awhile and try to show up daily...
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I turn the big 5-0 in 15 days!! I began on MFP several years ago but didn't get really serious until January 2012. I was kicking butt. Down 49 pounds and within 17 pounds of my goal when WHAMMMMM, Ended up getting a pacemaker in late August. Well, that pretty much screwed me up both physically and more important, mentally. I tried to start back to the gym but kept getting off the wagon. Then about four weeks ago it all clicked and I am back. . .logging meals, exercising, hitting the gym.

Please feel free to add me, all of you. I keep an open food diary and have no problem sharing ideas. Also, I'm always looking for some encouragement and just discussing things with people who are around my own age.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and you are welcome to add me for mutual support. I have had great results with this site for the first 25 to 30 pounds but am now at a standstill due to a hectic schedule with not much energy left over for motivation. Let's do this together! :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    How awesome to see all these committed older kids like me :)
    51 here... been logging for almost 3 years and it really keeps me on track.
    I go to zumba 3-5 times a week and love walking events (color run, electric run, the 3-day)

I have PCOS (which is a very common issue that really makes it harder to lose weight)
    I had TypeII diabetes prior to weightloss as well so this weight control fight will be mine for life.

50 is the new 30 :)
  • LesBrock
    LesBrock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    49 here, been at this since Jan 1st just over a month - UK
  • queenveef
    queenveef Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 48 and looking to get health and fit by my 50th! I've logged in for 35+ days and am committed. Over 100+ lbs to lose. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this year, just joined this site, and I also love it! I am looking to lose 30 or so pounds and to feel better! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Antoinette_K
    Options
    Hi . I just started using the app. I am a diabetic and I have high blood pressue. I am trying to loose about 60 lbs to start and once I do that I will decide to go further. I have always been a thick person, but as I grow older and sickness has come upon me, I really want to put effort into getting my weight under control. I would like to be around for my kids (19 and 21) and to see my grandchildren when they are born (when the time comes). I just want to feel better in my skin, clothes, etc.