pals in 40s and 50s

Options

Replies

• Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 49 yrs old and have found it harder to lose and maintain as I get older. I have definitely found that logging on every day and tracking what I am eating and my exercises have kept me accountable. Having friends to encourage and motivate you really helps too!
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and I log every day. I took a break from logging and gained back 8 lbs in about 2 months. I know I need to stay aware of what I am eating.It helps to have friends to keep up motivation.
  • toniistracking
    toniistracking Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 48. Recently returned to MFP with a 20 pound gain :sad: Didn't utilize the community before and would like to give and get support! Any one on this topic please feel free to add me!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Im 44 and i log in every day. Feel free to add me, or if anyone else does too.....
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi..feel free to add me. I am 51 years old with a long way to go and can use support as much as I'm willing to give!!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, British, been here just over a year (Nov 2012) and lost about 3 stone and two dress sizes :bigsmile:

All I do is weigh and measure my food, log my calories, and try to keep active (gardening, walking etc). One day at a time!
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Add me too, ive only got three friends. I'm 44
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm 46 , know the metabolism problems.
  • jikennedy
    Options
    Hi

I am similar 51 with 2 grown up sons who have no weight issues and a hubby who is a runner and therefore also has no weight problems I have lost 13lbs in 5 weeks and this is mainly down to buying a soup maker I make homemade vegetable soup and have this for lunch everyday 50 calories a cup I eat approx 400 of my calories during the day and save the remainder for the evenings and it seems to work Also do half hour on my exercise bike every day Keeping motivated is the key and that is the hardest part Stay motivated and results will follow I want to lose another 30-40 lbs so know its a long haul Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other
  • david6111
    david6111 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too!

I'm 52 and looking to reduce/maintain a healthy weight (mostly done) and then get fit for a 5K run (don't even have any running shoes, LOL)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 52 and availing myself of the community for the first time. Used the app last year and lost 15lbs in the first half of the year and then stopped and put it all back on again. I didn't realize this option was available, I find the fact that so many of us are on the same journey is quite inspiring. I started again last week - so here goes.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, well, 55 in a couple of months. When I was in my 30's and 40's what I weigh now was perfect for me but gravity has rearranged a few things here and there, so I am looking to lose 5 to 10 pounds. I've been married 29 years and have two wonderful grown daughters. I've actually come up with my own workout, I call it, "Sanity" verse the "Insanity Workout." The difference between the two is that you don't have to destroy your knees or joints to have a good workout. I've stopped using handweights and now just do push ups and have been using my Nordic Track Skier since 1994. Feel free to add me, although I have no idea how I will know it since I haven't tried to be added until today.
  • zhane13
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 years. I'm 5'2" and need to lose 40 lbs. I've been on a roller coster with my weigh after I made 35. I'm unhappy and miserable. I 've been doing the T25 about two weeks, no change in my weight. I try to eat healthy, but when you have to cook for a family that is not on a diet it'ts hard and that's my downfall when it comes to eating healthy . I know when you reache over 40, its hard to lose the weight. I need some good support and advice during my weight lost journey.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    I just turned 49. Have six grown children and 7 grandchildren. Got big after 40. Been using MFP app for a couple years off and on, most recently using it pretty steady for the last six months. Got my husband hooked.. he lost 40lbs so far. Ive lost almost 30. I'm pretty close to my goal I need to start working on the healthy part. So far I just track every bite that goes in and don't go over. Even if that means my entire food budget gets eaten up by a black and white sundae.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I have a teenager and also toddlers. All the fun of the fair! Friend request sent. :smile:
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I here you. I'm 51 I have a 17 year old daughter and 15 year old son. I working on 50 lbs and I've dropped 30 so far since I started in Sept. Hope to get there by June at the latest.

Feel free to friend me

Cheers Ken
    Would like to share support with motivated folks, esp. those in 40s and 50s when losing weight becomes more of a challenge and more of a necessity due to health issues.

I'm 52, have two healthy, growing and slim teenagers who seem to eat a lot (and are not overweight). Want to lose 20-25 pounds. Blood pressure is borderline, want to bring down.

I'm really motivated. I've been doing for a week and already seeing some results, down a couple pounds and pants are feeling looser.

How are you managing, and what are your challenges? Seeking support. I love this site!
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 54 and on MFP for a little over a year.
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and this is much harder than it used to be...please add me, we can do this together.
  • sunshinesusie71
    sunshinesusie71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in my 40's and was recently at my highest weight ever. I knew it was time to get back on this site and get healthy. Welcome and good luck! :)
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ...I can always use extra motivation and support!

Cheers!

~Kapua