Anyone else "taking a break" today?

Options
First of all, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Today is the day to be thankful for all you have and all you have been able to accomplish. So, why not give yourself a break from the dieting and exercising just for today?? I mean I don't see a reason why not...I'll be giving myself a break on this Thanksgiving day for sure. :) I'm not going to worry and stress about all the calories i'm going to be consuming or the fct that i'll need to burn it off (at least i'll try my best not to lol). Let's use this day as a treat and a pat on the back for you coming all this way to become a healthier and more fit person. Toast to all! ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF AND HAVE FUN! :)

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The occasional binge is good for the ol' metabolism. It makes it freak out a little, and can often result in a weight drop. I have no shame enjoying today! In fact, my food diary is posted for all to see.
    Bring on the 4k calorie day!

I did have to laugh though. When I closed out the diary, it said I'd put on 30 lbs by Christmas if every day were like today. Boy, am I glad this is a one time thing!

EDIT: At the moment, the majority of what we're eating before turkey time is sliced veggies with dip. I love me some red bell pepper! It's like eating candy :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I just binged on chinese food. No turkey for me tonight, but the gym is on the menu, most def.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was going to work out after work but the roads are going to get icy tonight so I just want to get to where I am going! but Tomorrow I will get some fitness in before I eat Thanksgiving dinner!
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i'm officially not caring about my caloric intake today. i've done some beginner zumba on the wii and later i may do wii active... but i'm focusing on fun and family today.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    No break today! Never overeat or overindulge for any reason. EAT IN MODERATION EVERYDAY!!! Eat what you want and enjoy!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy some great food today, however I just killed it on the workout this morning. I dId Insanity and also came back from the gym. Total calories burned, 1,342. I'll rest on a cruise or a Palm Springs vacation in a swimsuit. But this is the time to put in work.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    We have changed our attitudes toward food and now enjoy celebrations with family and friends and "celebrate the day" instead of using it as an excuse to overeat, or consume things we shouldn't.
    We do have a treat on occasion but do not focus on food to celebrate events any longer. I am in this for life, not just on a diet.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I like to think of a lifestyle change as a daily commitment, and I have heard about "shocking the system" and cheat days, but people gain more weight during the holidays than any other time of the year. So why chose a day when your most likely to go WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY over your calories to be your cheat day? I would say that if you're going to have a cheat day today than still count your calories so that you don't seriously overdo it and so that in a week I don't have to read 20 posts from everyone trying to figure out why they gained weight.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy some great food today, however I just killed it on the workout this morning. I dId Insanity and also came back from the gym. Total calories burned, 1,342. I'll rest on a cruise or a Palm Springs vacation in a swimsuit. But this is the time to put in work.

amen!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of taking a day off, kind of not. I am not tracking today, but I am planning on going easy on the food. No huge helpings, only eating sensible amounts of the things I really like.

And I did do the 5K in Detroit this morning, so I earned a few extra calories. =)
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    It's not Thanksgiving here (Canada) so no slacking off for me.
  • paigeski
    Options
    I went skiing yesterday-burned major calories! Some slacking today-but only moderately :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I ddin't get in my workout because I was busy doing other stuff. I am doing okay with food, but I am having some dessert. I'll get back on it tomorrow.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I will be enjoying whatever is served at my sister's home and will eat and drink with gusto. I will do my best to log everything and then just move forward tomorrow.

I have done great with MFP and it has helped me to "shave off" the last 9 pounds of a 84 pound loss. This "healthy eating" is for the rest of my life. Hopefully it will be a longer life, now that I have learned quite a bit from MFP. However, Thanksgiving Dinner has, and always has been, a super eating day. I plan to enjoy it completely!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and many blessings! Continue toward your goals.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    4K calories? How the hell do you manage to eat over a lb? I don't think I could eat that much if I tried. Now I'm kind of tempted to see if I could.
  • leah660
    leah660 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will log everything that I eat today but like you will not stress over it. I have a big weekend planned with family and if I go over a little that is ok, because we have lots of activities planned also. I will try to make good choices for the weekend but today..............well I plan on at least 1 peice of each favorite plus my veggies. :laugh:

:drinker: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
  • IfICanLoseIt
    IfICanLoseIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just went another direction. If you like check it out at ificanloseit.blogspot.com. Or the short answer: I exercised to gather extra calories before sitting down to dinner. I am on a mission:).
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving!

It IS important to allow yourselves the foods that sometimes seem "naughty" ..and nobody should feel guilty about having a good ole scoff!! :laugh:

I'm going to my cousins wedding on saturday and the dress I bought a few months ago is a little big on me...so I need to halt with the calorie counting for a few days.

I had 2 teeth extracted last week and lost another 2.5lbs, so I'm trying to maintain for next few days and then I'll be back on it!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys...this may seem a little strange...but I have no idea what thanksgiving is all about??

Where did it come from? I'm from the UK so please excuse my ignorance...

:flowerforyou:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    It's not a pleasant story if told accurately.