How Often Do You Change / Wash Bedsheets ?

Replies

• TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    When they start to smell less than fresh.

I used to be ocd about making sure they were changed at least once a week (pillowcases more often), but as long as my bf and I shower regularly, that really isn't a big deal.

I also have known quite a few single guys who never changed them at all. That's a bit gross. I also wouldn't go several months, but I don't need to put it into my calendar.

Oh, and to the person who freaked out over bedbugs, it takes more than washing your sheets to get rid of those *kitten*, and they aren't caused by unwashed sheets anyway.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Once a week - unless we have a cold snap (yes it gets cold in Florida too!) and I'll strip the bed and use my flannel sheets!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Every time I *kitten*, which is 2 or 3 times a day.

I had to Google this one. I'm old.
    A "day" is the amount of time it takes the Earth to rotate enough for the sun to return to the same relative position in the sky, which is 24 hours on a clock. (That's the most commonly used one, the solar day. But there's the less well-known sidereal day.)

LMAO
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    I drool when I sleep, plus my dogs sleep with me so def at least once a week.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Every time I vomit on them.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Omg, I'm so bad about changing sheets. SO. BAD. I'm ashamed of this quality.

Granted, this is my 6th year as a college/grad student, I'm single, I live alone, & I have to pay for laundry. Soooo... yeah, that pretty much says it all.

I've gotten so used to doing laundry like once a month it doesn't even phase me. College has ruined me. If I had my own washer & dryer, I'd do laundry all the time.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    My goal is at least once a week. I prefer more frequently, but life gets busy. I can only hope you mean that it took you 6 months to change to a different type of sheets, as in lighter for warm weather and heavier for cold weather. Otherwise, that is entirely too gross.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm SHOCKED at the replies. I keep seven sets on hand and I change them daily. Anyone every heard of dust mites? Bed bugs?

Every Day?!? So you're the reason for the water shortage.
  • klwxx
    klwxx Posts: 39
    I change mine once a fortnight.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Either once a week or once a fortnight. Never more than 2 weeks though.
    Months is just wrong, and daily is just over the top unless you have a health reason to.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Not often enough ! I'd say maybe once every 10-14 days? But I get night sweats ...... so, it should be every 3-5 days .. I'm just lazy :yawn:
  • csumcs
    csumcs Posts: 6 Member
    About every couple of weeks. I am not sure why people are so disgusted by this though, because you do not tend to wash sofa coverings often and it does not necessarily seem that different.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    When they start to smell funny.

Ok, not really. It used to be once a week, but it's more twice a week now. I rotate which beds I do each week.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    The maid changes my sheets and she comes every two weeks. I really hate household chores.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Oh man....Op....I can't help but wonder how those sexy talks go when you bring up the monster high sheets :noway:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1111735-one-thing-non-physical-you-like-about-yourself
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Kind of a weird thing to start a thread about..
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Weekly or more....6 months, that's DISGUSTING

I was trying not to say it... lol
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    I hated changing sheets because I had the same ones for YEARS and finally got some new ones. I've gone 6 months without changing because our old washer / drier couldn't handle it. We now have an HE washer && dryer; Just changed my sheets after 3 months (from one new set to another new set) simply because I'm still so glad I got new sheets !

#monsterhighrules

If I went that long, I would just throw them away. Even the sanitize cycle wouldn't get them clean.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    The maid changes my sheets and she comes every two weeks. I really hate household chores.

I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    one a week, maybe sometimes more. 6 months....*shudder*... don't wanna think about that.:sick:

For real... :sick:
This discussion has been closed.