One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You're a dude so everyone just assumes you take some roids, look at yourself in the mirror at the gym, and boom you're jacked. Also: no fat pics and too many Y chromosomes.
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, I know the original post is old but I am really inspired by reading this one! Thanks for posting!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Yea, it was long but a GREAT story. You look great for a 25 year old--forget 45 year old. Congrats!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yea, it was long but a GREAT story. You look great for a 25 year old--forget 45 year old. Congrats!!

She really does. Sara is kind of my hero.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Loved it... Posted in on my Facebook for all the non-believers of females lifting weights.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep. Show it off! As if weight loss and getting fit isn't hard enough, you also overcame great adversity. Congrats to you!
  • Annice22
    Annice22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :happy: inspiration!
  • heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow very inspirational story thanks for sharing it <3
  • JaneE1967
    JaneE1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    " " awesome results, glad I read your post today, cheers for sharing! :drinker:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Soo close to rolling. :)

baby-rhino-gif.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

She really does. Sara is kind of my hero.

Thank you :flowerforyou:

And thank you to everyone who has commented.
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your amazing !!!! Did you lift everyday and have special exercises or just do all the circuits
    Thanks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your amazing !!!! Did you lift everyday and have special exercises or just do all the circuits
    Thanks

Hi and thank you! I lifted about 4 times a week. My routine was based around the big compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press in the lower rep range (1 - 5) with assistance work (compound and isolation exercises) in the slightly higher rep range (6 - 15). I still lift this way now.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been friends with you for a while now and have thoroughly enjoyed learning from you in the Eat, Train, Progress group, but I had not actually read your story before. You are one amazing and inspiring lady with an incredible body and enviable strength!!! Keep spreading your knowledge and encouraging people to really think about the crap they come across when it comes to nutrition and exercise.

Thanks!
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options
    Wow Sara, Great Job!
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    *love* your story... am hoping to have one of my own in a year's time :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    In for the roll!

Sara you are awesome and you've totally inspired me - I constantly learn from your posts. I hope one day my stomach looks as crazy strong as yours!! :flowerforyou:
  • QueenAthena
    QueenAthena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go girl!! You are amazing!
  • lwakelin
    lwakelin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!