Shocked at the amount of calories

Replies

• craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Almost anything except the unsweetened tea from Starbucks!

Tropical Smoothie bills itself as "healthy" but the sandwiches are full of fat and the smoothies are nothing but sugar! Even the smoothies made with Splenda have a ridiculous amount of calories and carbs!
  • tolber27
    tolber27 Posts: 7 Member
    curious as to your recipe. I've been making a lot of it with shots of amaretto and chambord. almond milk, cocoa powder

and isn't it amazing.... once we start counting

How did I never consider putting Chambord in hot chocolate before this??
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    I just hate some of the products we but which are "healthy" have sooo much sugar... Like Milk...

Yes, milk was quite a surprise to me. Especially since unsweetened almond milk has only 30 cals and almost twice the calcium

:love:

Now I must immediately try almond milk...

I never like cow's milk, even as a child, even with flavoring added but I looooooove :heart: unsweetened almond milk even without flavoring!
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    I always feel like a terrible person on these forums, I absolutely love cow milk and use it everyday. :laugh:
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    You'll find after you're here awhile and have lost weight that you're able to eat your treats without agonizing and fit them into your macros. I was so anxious at first and cut alot of stuff out. Now I'm relaxed, fit it in and enjoy--every once and a while.

This is what that looked like for me:

http://i.imgur.com/ijSkLog.jpg
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Almost anything except the unsweetened tea from Starbucks!

Yeah, I get coffee and add a little milk. Add coffee and tea to my list of things that the food industry has turned into candy. Once DS and I shared some new drink from Starbucks because I had a coupon to get it for free. It was white chocolate-flavored, very creamy, and I suppose there was a little coffee in there someplace. It was so sweet and heavy we couldn't finish it.
  • AllieCRiley
    AllieCRiley Posts: 1 Member
    One single, solitary, hot cross bun from Sainsbury's is over 200 calories (my husband buys them in - if it were up to me we'd be sticking to seasonality and only buying for Good Friday). They don't really fill you up much either (I'd been having one occasionally for a "quick grab" breakfast on school mornings when I'm in a rush to get the children ready to catch the bus). When I was last trying to lose weight on here I was surprised at how calorific chorizo was compared to other meats.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    curious as to your recipe. I've been making a lot of it with shots of amaretto and chambord. almond milk, cocoa powder

and isn't it amazing.... once we start counting

How did I never consider putting Chambord in hot chocolate before this??

Try a little hit of the ol whisky too.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Lobster and caviar shocked me, both in a good way.... You can literally eat pounds of both forever.
    Time for a cool story bro moment.

My 30th birthday my now wife and I took a friend of ours up to Portland, ME and had lobster on the docks.

10 pounds of lobster, one of them weighed 6 pounds. $50 total. Lordy lordy.
  • Lobster and caviar shocked me, both in a good way.... You can literally eat pounds of both forever.
    Time for a cool story bro moment.

My 30th birthday my now wife and I took a friend of ours up to Portland, ME and had lobster on the docks.

10 pounds of lobster, one of them weighed 6 pounds. $50 total. Lordy lordy.

Now there's a smart woman.
  • It isn't so much the calories of individual things that shocks me so much these days. It is the fact that I can still eat 10000+ calories in a matter or hours easily when given unlimited access to candy and cookies and brownies and such.
  • GracieGag
    GracieGag Posts: 24 Member
    One cup of watermelon is only 46 calories!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    You'll find after you're here awhile and have lost weight that you're able to eat your treats without agonizing and fit them into your macros. I was so anxious at first and cut alot of stuff out. Now I'm relaxed, fit it in and enjoy--every once and a while.

This is what that looked like for me:

http://i.imgur.com/ijSkLog.jpg

Sorry for you.
  • Another big shocker for me, Rosemary. Such a fantastically robust spice: 3g (1 tsp) = 11 calories. Pardon? You can't even get Rosemary on a tsp! :laugh:
  • I just hate some of the products we but which are "healthy" have sooo much sugar... Like Milk...

Yes, milk was quite a surprise to me. Especially since unsweetened almond milk has only 30 cals and almost twice the calcium

I never like cow's milk, even as a child, even with flavoring added but I looooooove :heart: unsweetened almond milk even without flavoring!

Used to be a big fan, but then I tried to use it in a latte one day and learned you do NOT want to froth almond milk... Ew. Haven't had it since.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    I just hate some of the products we but which are "healthy" have sooo much sugar... Like Milk...

Silk makes a delicious dark chocolate almond milk. Now, that gets back to the sugar issue, but at least it's chocolate. It's only 100 cal per cup so it's not that bad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Jack in the Box Munchie Meal - 1560 calories! Holy crap! I can't believe they market this as a late night "snack" for 1 person! CALORIES NOT INCLUDING THE DRINK!!

Hahaha can't stand fast food places that try to market things as "snacks", like Arby's does it, too, but calorie wise you just KNOW everything will 600+, and to me that's a small meal!

600 calories is a big meal for me, lol!
  • anushkadey
    anushkadey Posts: 7 Member
    Was shocked by the number of calories in a choco chip muffin..a good 400 calories..gosh..and thinking about it, I used to have it regularly before starting my weight loss journey :(
  • Another big shocker for me, Rosemary. Such a fantastically robust spice: 3g (1 tsp) = 11 calories. Pardon? You can't even get Rosemary on a tsp! :laugh:

Hmmm...not sure where this is coming from. A tsp of Fresh Rosemary has about 1 calorie.
  • Moogle_Powah
    Moogle_Powah Posts: 9 Member
    Wraps..... just the thin flat bread bit rather than the finished filled item. How can something so flat count for so much?!

THIS.

I've pretty much given up bread and needed another way to transport lovely sandwich fillings, but when I saw how 'expensive' the wholemeal ones are I was like NOPE. Salads forever it will seem :/