OFFICAL MFP DATING THREAD

Options

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    aren't we all dear...that's why you should look into POF, you can judge them before you even meet them lol

I am on Pof. I havent had one date from there. I send out messages all the time and it seems like a meat locker for the ladies to pick.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I am on Pof. I havent had one date from there. I send out messages all the time and it seems like a meat locker for the ladies to pick.

Just keep putting yourself out there. I've been on POF for probably close to a year.. and have only went out with a couple of guys in that time frame.. I've had some issues with POF not having many men of a certain quality... but just this week I went out with a guy I met there, and in less than a week we've went on 2 dates and are planning our third...

Don't give up =)
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    I may not be open to dating...I'm married already. :tongue: But it would be really nice to meet some friends in my area. I'm in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I'd like some friends around my age so lets say late 20's to mid 40's would work. I'm 31. :ohwell: Good luck on the love front though!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above! I would like to meet some friends, too. I live in Northern Michigan. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Gr8 idea this. So good luck to all those looking for love via MFP. I am myself one of a success (met my husband via an internet dating site) and all going good. Long shot here, but if anyone is from the South Wales (UK), area and looking for friendship....am in. Wishing everyone success.:wink:
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    46 yr old hetero white male seeks... wait... my wife wouldn't approve.

HOWEVER, work out partners and new friends in southern Maryland would be cool!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Well I don't want to date but I would love to meet some new friends (preferably female) in Arlington, VA / Washington,D.C. area
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    29 y/o female
    Central NC
    Divorced, one adorable daughter
    Not relocatable but willing to date long distance if you are willing to relocate eventually
  • marleigh1110
    Options
    female
    Pittsburgh PA
    19-25
    I will not relocate
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Not looking for romance, but anyone in the Pittsburgh area that needs a workout buddy or good motivating friend.. I am available for that!!

BTW I met my FH (future husband- april 2011) on a dating website !Begins with an M and ends with an atch.com =) I know lots of people who have had success on there too.

PoF is a PoS - that website was awful! :laugh:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i like pof...if anything it gives me something new to do every weekend!! LOL
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i like pof...if anything it gives me something new to do every weekend!! LOL

lol no doubt, i mean i didn't have the best dates ever until i met my FH on there, but I did have a lot of fun, and got to try dating...I was barely out of the starting gate before I met the man of my dreams lol
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Hahaha...I just stumbled upon this thread and thought...sure why not :smile:

Sex: Female. (Orientation: Hetero)

Seeking Age: 25 - 35 ish (i'm not too picky about age, its just a number)

Relocation: Maybe if the right situation presented itself

Would also be nice to meet some friends in the area to workout with:happy:
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Not looking for romance, but anyone in the Pittsburgh area that needs a workout buddy or good motivating friend.. I am available for that!!

BTW I met my FH (future husband- april 2011) on a dating website !Begins with an M and ends with an atch.com =) I know lots of people who have had success on there too.

PoF is a PoS - that website was awful! :laugh:

You know, I never really did the "dating website" thing. I've thought about trying match.com or eharmony but just haven't. I have met people through myspace (which I no longer use), facebook and...gag...hotornot (embarrassing). Some relationships lasted a few weeks, some over a year. Clearly none really panned out. It's good to hear it actually works for some people.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yeah I've had a few dates here and there on online dating sites and a few one nights from good ole CL but nothing ever substantial and it just feels like a ton of work lately. I don't want to meet people to mess around with anymore, I want to meet someone to share life with, ya know?
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    yeah I've had a few dates here and there on online dating sites and a few one nights from good ole CL but nothing ever substantial and it just feels like a ton of work lately. I don't want to meet people to mess around with anymore, I want to meet someone to share life with, ya know?

I know exactly how you feel there! I hope you find what you're looking for, I'm sure you will! :)
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

Yea I know that feeling. It's too exhausting having short term flings (and one night hook ups). Dang it, I'm just not a kid anymore. I don't need another notch in my belt. I'm at that settling-down-clock-is-ticking-want-somebody-to-grow-old-with phase. I haven't found that online.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Yea I know that feeling. It's too exhausting having short term flings (and one night hook ups). Dang it, I'm just not a kid anymore. I don't need another notch in my belt. I'm at that settling-down-clock-is-ticking-want-somebody-to-grow-old-with phase. I haven't found that online.

Yea where are these kinds of people at?
  • dmossett
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance but what is POF?

For the rest of you hope the matchmaking is going well. I am to old-fashioned to try online dating (may explain why I am single). LOL
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    plenty of fish .com.. dating website

I recommend match.com
    Yea every site you go on there are going to be people who bs alot.. but trust me.. if you look hard enough you will find someone who is sincere and looking for the same things as you are (generally speaking). it won't happen over night, just be patient. I found a good one so can you!!!!