pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Christmas Challenge SW: 180.8
    Christmas Challenge CW: 175.6

5.2 out of 12. Looks like I'm on track!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm THANKFUL for this GROUP! You guys really help keep me motivated and focused! Thanks for that and for all the support! I love you guys!

Let's try not to "over do it" when it comes to the Thanksgiving meal. :D We totally got this in the bag guys! Don't throw all the hard work out the window simply for the temptation of one meal. We can do this! *hugs*

1be95a80.gif
    cute_turkey.gif

PS - That turkey is so getting his walk on! :D Check out that power stride! hahah
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    LOL I love the walking turkey! He's got the greatest expression!

I too am very thankful for this group. You all have helped me so much to realize that my goals are attainable and that even when there are bad days, life keeps going forward. I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys every moment of it!
  • arorra1
    Options
    I have not been posting anything for the past few weeks because I did not see the link to log in to week 2, week 3, or week 4 until now. Can you tell I'm new to this?! Looking at my original plan, it appears that I did not make it down to 140 by Turkey Day, since I currently weigh 144.4. However, I am sticking withmy original goal bto be down to 130 by Christmas because that is still a realistic goal. As a result of my inability to lose weight on my own, I signed up for 6 weeks of Jenny Craig yesterday (11/24) so that I don't have to bother with all the tedious meal preparations. It helped me lose weight before and I'm confident that it will help me break that 140 mark that is always so hard for me to do. I will admit, I have not been working out much at all this week and feel guilty. Since I know I will eat one meal consisting of no-so-healthy food, I am just about to jump on the treadmill for as long as I possibly can (at least an hour - but hopefully longer). Here are my stats:

SW: 170.0 lbs
    CW: 144.4 lbs
    MG1: 140.0 lbs by Thanksgiving (not met)
    MG2: 130.0 lbs by Christmas
    MG3: Meet my goal weight by my hubby's 35th birthday at the end of January 2011
    GW: 120 lbs - this will be the first time I ever got down to this weight in my entire adult life!

Wish me luck at Thanksgiving dinner as I will be eating with a few people who don't give a darn about calories and will probably try to force feed me. I hope they aren't that bad! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    Ugh... So I thought I'd weigh in this morning, thinking it would be better than weighing in the day after Thanksgiving. However, there were two Thanksgiving parties at work this week, and even though I still worked out, I seemed to have overindulged a little too much. From those two parties I have gained 6.4 pounds :-( Which means I am now heavier than I was when we started this whole challenge. I'm so disappointed in myself that I don't even want to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

SW: 186
    W1: 183.8
    W2: 182
    W3: 180.6
    W4: 187

Ugh.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :) HAVE A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES.. THOSE WHO ARENT CELEBRATING THANKSGIVING, HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Remember what you are thankful for, be it family or health or the new lifestyle. Indulging a bit or even a lot for one holiday dinner is not the end of the world. So please don't stress about the small things and remember to think of what you are thankful for!! Celebrate and enjoy your family and friends and your healthy life!!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    Awesome post, BrunetteWife... you definitely lifted my spirits! I'll get back to work tomorrow and everything will be fine!! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! <3

Sasperilla, enjoy the holiday and go have fun! Since you don't know how many more holidays you'll get, you have to just live life y'know?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Happy thanks giving my fab American friends :)
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well i felt i wasnt being stricked enough with myself I had a day i pigged out a bit. It made me feel kinda like is this worth not losing weight? I decided it wasnt. I just felt i was kind of weak if there was a chance to eat bad. So i just kept remembering what someone had said, SKINNY TASTE BETTER THEN FOOD, so i kinda made a strickt tiny goal to not go off for 2 weeeks. I stated it on monday and been doing really good for almost 5 days straight. I hope i can keep it up for that long because as a treat I am going to get In n Out burger lol. It is strange when you give in once its easy to give in again then before you know it you gave in to many times in a row lol. I look in the mirror and am liking what i see and its like a surprise because i am so used to seeing over weight much more. I would see my reflection in windows and hate what i saw but now that reflection doesnt look so bad. And yes its true i keep thinkin about the finished product and that makes me refuse the bad food.

I hope you all are happy with your reflections you are seeing. They keep shrinking lol. Its also so amazing how Americans are the number 1 over weight society and then you see what food is promoted everywhere and when you know how many calories or fat or carbs etc are in that item you really understand how we are. And then on the flip side all you see in magazines are skinny girls such a mixed message wouldnt you say?????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

So lets keep this up and send ourselves the right message we are doing this for our health and comfort of clothing lol and comfort of being able to move around better.

April i hope toby is doing better
  • kattungen
    Options
    Weigh-in time! :D

SW (30.10) - 190 lbs
    W2 (05.11) - 188.5 lbs - 1.5 lbs loss
    W3 (12.11) - 185.6 lbs - 2.9 lbs loss
    W4 (19.11) - 185.6 lbs - 0 lbs loss
    CW (26.11) - 184.0 lbs - 1.6 lbs loss
    A Total Loss of: 6.0 lbs :D

I'm half-way! :D
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Decided at the last mintue to go out of town with my mom and brothers, we're headed out soon. Just thought I'd pop in and tell you all to try and have a great weekend. If you are shopping out there, be careful, there are some crazies out, including drivers, so be careful! And for those working this weekend, I hope it goes quickly for you so you can spend some time with the family. Didn't weigh in this morning, didn't want to set myself up for a sodium gain the day after Thanksgiving, so I'll have to wait til Monday. Enjoy your weekends all and see ya Sunday night/ Monday morning. :heart: Bru
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    been so hard to keep up....havent had internet, so i jump online when i have the chance. Hopefully that will change after the holidays!Challenge is going ok, even with the holiday!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    I am thankful for everyone in this Challenge! I feel so stupid for posting about how upset I was about my weight gain, and you guys helped me get past it! My clothes aren't any tighter than they were before I gained that weight, so I must still be doing something right. I had a great Thanksgiving with my family and am looking forward to getting back on track today! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well yur doing good even without the internet in hanging in its hard to not be logging every day. Good for you BRAT
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, hope Thanksgiving treated everyone well. I did not feel the best so was not much of a go getter. Feeling a little bit better today, so I think I will head to the gym here soon. So I think my birth control pills are having an effect on my weight loss. I take a pill for 3 weeks straight and the last week is a placebo. I have noticed that I do not lose much of anything during the three weeks, but the week I am on a placebo, I lose more weight. This should not be right as it is TOM and I should be retaining water. But oh well, I will take what I can get.

starting weight- 153
    week 4 weight- 149.4
    total loss- 3.6

Down below 150 and feeling great about that, never thought I would actually reach that goal. MFP and all of you guys keep me motivated and going. Did not hit my Thanksgiving goal, but only missed by 4 lbs, so not compaining. :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I am thankful for everyone in this Challenge! I feel so stupid for posting about how upset I was about my weight gain, and you guys helped me get past it! My clothes aren't any tighter than they were before I gained that weight, so I must still be doing something right. I had a great Thanksgiving with my family and am looking forward to getting back on track today! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Often times after Thanksgiving the scale will show a big gain - and most of the time a LOT of it is water weight from the salty holiday foods. So don't beat yourself up too much! :D *hugs*
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Even though I went over my calories a little yesterday I still managed to wake up another pound lighter. Not too bad for the day after Thanksgiving! I'm very proud of myself for not going over board! I know it's SO EASY to do and wow, in the past I would have eaten until it was uncomfortable to move! lol But yesterday I didn't eat much at all (maybe 1/3 or even 1/4 of what I used to do during the holidays) and I still felt super full - Oh wow, it just makes me realize how far I have come and how much my stomach is shrinking.

So as of this morning I've lost 68 pounds! I'm so jazzed and even though I still have far to go I'm pleased as punch with my progress so far!

I hope you all had a kick@ss Thanksgiving! Love you guys!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ill have Week 5 up as soon as I have time to get it together.. I hope everyone had a great Holiday!! :)