What was your best purchase for fitness goals?

Options
Just thought I would throw this question out there.

What was the best purchase you have made that has helped you in achieving your fitness goals?
It could be anything, a piece of equipment, an app, a supplement, a gadget. Thought it would be fun to see what helps other.

For example:
1. I love my scale, its weight gurus. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $50. It reads my weight, body fat, muscle mass and water weight and then you can scan it to track in your smart phone.

2. A digital measuring tape. I bought it off Amazon for $14.95. it by Health-o-meter - Its always such a pain to try to take my own measurements and I don't want to ask my significant other to help me. This make it so easy to take your own.

3. I downloaded the app GymPact. You Set a "pact" for yourself per week to go to the gym X amount of times per week. If you skip the gym you have to pay your designated amount per time missed. If you go you make a tiny profit to bank.

What are your items...?

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Food scale, by far.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good running shoes and a supportive sports bra.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    Hands Down a good quality Sports Bra. No doubt. My second choice would be my kettlebell, for the days when I don't feel like going to the gym.
  • SaraJRosburg
    SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What kind of sports bra do you recommend?
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I used to try to stretch the life of my running shoes. I now replace them on time, and my knees and feet are doing so much better!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    fitness goal? CX bike for sure...and my gym membership.

nutrition/weight loss goals? food scale.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Gosh this is a hard one! But I would probably have to say a digital food scale- as after I had it I realized how different weight/density varies from food to food that you can't sometimes see with just measuring! Good sports bras and correct running shoes come into a close second and third.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    1) gym membership
    2) weights at home
    3) I guess I will also go with workout clothes (pants, t-shirt, bras, gloves)
    4) Strong Curves book and New Rules of Lifting for Life
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My weight belt... gotta do dem squats
  • lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor, I LOVE it!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    This book:

51ESfkhzbVL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

55 lbs in five months, not bad for $1.00 (plus $3.99 shipping)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    a gym pass
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    For fitness, good running shoes! Helped stop my knee pain and led to improvements in my running and ultimately all my other exercise goals.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Saucony shoes.
  • teaparty75
    Options
    1) body bugg by body media ....i've had it for awhile but a few weeks ago i actually sat down and did the numbers (along w/the food diary info from mfp) and by golly it really does work LOL - i've been consistently losing a pound a week !! go figure !!

2) runner's socks - they come up a lil higher on the back of your ankle so your sneakers don't rub the back of your ankle raw -OUCH !!

3) the velcro cushion that goes around the barbell bar for squats - that bar is painful on my back and i don't want a "hump" LOL
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ft7 polar
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My Garmin. Can't live without it.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Personal training.

These have led to other favorites, most recently my pink weight lifting belt that matches my pink shoes. I also have a pink jump rope which I am very attached to. It is all about the accessories; that is what gets new PRs.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My bodymedia/bodybugg armband.... i've had it about 3 and a half years.... wear it nearly every day :) it tracks cals burned, sleep, steps, and how strenuous your activity it is... VEEEEERRRRYYYY motivating!!! You can challenge yourself to * just burn 100 more cals* etc... its pretty awesome :)
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    1. my Garmin GPS watch and HR monitor and foot pod
    2. gym membership
    3. registration to my first race....motivation for sure!