Percentages for macros, micros.

Options
So I red that for fat loss my macros should be 50carbs 35protein and 15fats. Does this seem right? Also, what micros would you guys consider most important for strength training and fat loss?

Replies

• ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    Anybody have any clues???
  • rican240sx
    rican240sx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find similar answers. There a few online calculators but for a noob such as myself I really dont understand how to break it down and then more importantly execute.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've had great results with fat loss with mine set at 40/30/30. I set all my goals according to the info in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 40/30/30 (c/f/p) as well and I'm finally getting rid of the last bit of belly fat...it's been a month since I started really keeping track like this and I'm happy with the result.
  • leighann881
    Options
    Mine is set at 35/25/40 F/C/P... basically because I don't eat grains or sugars and I don't like seeing my fat in the red.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    So I red that for fat loss my macros should be 50carbs 35protein and 15fats.

Build your diet with your protien first. 1gr per 1lbs of lean body mass is about right. For alot of women that is 90-120 grams of protien a day. Your body needs fats to process your food, to little fat and your body can struggle. 20% is about the lowest number I would shoot for. The problem is 1 gr of fat is 9 cal, where 1gr carb = 1 gr protien = 4 cal. So, you can eaisly go over your daily calories if you have too much fats. Then round out the diet with carbs (or more protien and fats).

Fat loss is due to a calorie deficit, plan a simple (but hard to do.) Protien combined with lifting heavy will help you peserve your muscle mass will eating at a deficit.
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I found this link helpful when I set my macro's...

http://iifym.com/
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The fat seems low. I second, IIFYM.