Cold Showers for Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You all can talk as much crap as you want but I'll tell you one thing, I've never seen an obese eskimo.

pffft artic animals are terribly obese have you ever seen a walrus or a narwhal? layers of blubber!
    Xl7iFqd.gif
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lol so stupid
    ^
    ^
    ^
    That!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    And next we'll be reading about how you can speed it up even more with thumb screws and get rid of excess water weight by whipping your own back with a knotted cord while crying.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I only wash my hair in cold to keep my color. I live In mn...I can tell you cold does jack for metabolism...those doctors are quacks
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Don't knock it. Whenever I take a cold shower, I shrink.

lIp7bcd_zps83b5acaa.gif
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Fact: There are zero calories in a cold shower

Also Fact: There are a lot of calories in the hot chocolate with marshmallows I would need to recover from said shower.

Hahaha. THIS!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I think I'll take them for a month and see what happens.

make sure you eat at maintenance and dont workout.

internet_-_it_doesnt_make_you_stupid_it_just_makes_your_stupidity_more_accessible_to_others.jpeg
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    You all can talk as much crap as you want but I'll tell you one thing, I've never seen an obese eskimo.

pffft artic animals are terribly obese have you ever seen a walrus or a narwhal? layers of blubber!

THEY ARE NOT ANIMALS THEY ARE PEOPLE

You and me baby aint nuthin but mammals
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    !?I think that cold showers have a very different purpose in my life. Did you see all the cowboys today

Left my belt somewhere; and my hat....dat gum it.....hey...How you doin'?!?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    In. For the gifs.

OP, get a new doc.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Cold showers seem a little silly, but there is something to cold weather and the conversion of white fat to brown fat.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/shivering-activates-brown-fat/

Better off taking a brisk walk in the cold weather. I did that today for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Actually, there's something to the theory as all those other linked articles explained. I get the best burns at the pool--I work hard but I think the cold water (not really cold--about 79-82 degrees) has been shown to burn extra calories. :smile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    !?I think that cold showers have a very different purpose in my life. Did you see all the cowboys today

Left my belt somewhere; and my hat....dat gum it.....hey...How you doin'?!?

Hehehe
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I do cold showers for weight loss too, and reallOr you could just do y hot showers help lose water weight. Also read that doing super hot then super cold showers can help flush your body.

I have a tiny/half-sized water heater, so EVERY shower is super hot and then super cold.

I win. ;)
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Are moderation and a bit of exercise really so difficult? Its bad enough that quacks have people throwing millions down the drain, but cold showers? FFS! Eat a little less and move a little more.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    As a person who pretty much takes cold showers all winter, this is one of the silliest things I've ever heard, because were it the case, I'd be a heck of a lot thinner by now.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'll file this under "not worth it." I hope it works out for you though, OP.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow! I did not know that, maybe that will break me out of my plateau.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

Inuit or First Nations, and clearly you've not seen many.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Actually, there's something to the theory as all those other linked articles explained. I get the best burns at the pool--I work hard but I think the cold water (not really cold--about 79-82 degrees) has been shown to burn extra calories. :smile:

It was more like 36 degrees outside when I was walking today. I love to walk on cold, sunny days... and that's the day I had today. Enjoy what little of the sun that I can, even if its just above freezing. :)