I need buddies who need to lose 50+ lbs

Replies

• Hi all I'm 48 and have been overwieght most of my life. My oldest brother passed away on October and I just decided I needed to try and make some life style changes. I joined this site was 215 when I started and am now 201.3...not setting long term goals but plan to keep going and need motivation.
    Hope we can all help each other
    Deni
  • drlewando
    drlewando Posts: 12 Member
    You can add me!! I have lost 35 and have 48 more to go. I have been working on this for 1.75 years now. slow and steady
    is the pace. No backsliding. I spent the decade of my 40s being careless with my health. I am using the decade of my 50s
    taking care of myself.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Believe it or not, I'm actually 265 and looking to lose 65 more pounds as well. I'm in need of a rival: though I will encourage and motivate as well.
    Feel free to add me.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Just sent you a friend request. Best of luck in your journey to better health!
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    I'm wporking on losing a total of 108 pounds, but know i need to lose about 15 more than that total! Helps to have MFP friends to share motivation and successes, as well as building up a bad time. Feel free to add me, we are all in this together!
  • stargazr24
    stargazr24 Posts: 8 Member
    Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!:happy:
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Hello,
    I'm new too and want to lose 57lb. I will add you when I have figured out how ... thats how new I am lol :)

Just click on her profile picture and then the green button that says Add as Friend
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    I applaud you for embracing the journey early on. Don't wait til your getting ready to turn 50 like me. I have about 140 left to lose myself. LOVE LOVE LOVE MFP. I would gladly accept any and all friend request here. The journey is so much more exciting and fun when you share it with others. ROCK ON!!!
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Hey, I'm in the same boat, been yoyo'in for a while, after bday I'm back on track :D so I'll be adding
    best of luck all :D
  • I am adding you now! I started at 380. I am down to 270. I want to be at 180 at the very least. You rock! :
  • Hello, I was 260lb but I have lost 4.2lbs so far. My goal is 200lb so I could definitely use the support also.
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    i need to lose 51lbs.
  • My total goal is 120 pounds so I'm happy to help and be helped by friends!
  • My goal as of right now is to lose 120 lbs! I have PCOS and fatty liver! I am happy to help and support anyone on their weight loss journey.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Not new to this. This is my second time around. I've been back for 30 days today! :) Always looking for new friends, especially ones looking to lose significant amounts of weight like myself. I set my goals pretty small but my overall goal is over 100 pounds. I log in every single day and support and motivate as much as I can. The last time I was here, I logged in for 204 days in a row and lost 54 pounds. That was is 2012. In 2013 I ended gaining it all back and then some. But 2014 I'm back again and have managed to lose 17 pounds in my first 30 days!! Sent me a request but let me know how you found me!!:flowerforyou:
  • meb74
    meb74 Posts: 18
    I started back this year trying to really lose weight. My weight went above the 213 that I had originally posted. When I started back I weighed 218 and so far I have lost 9 pounds of that. I am trying to get to at least 160. I was happy when I was that weight. If I lose more that will be great also.
  • I need to lose 50 more pounds. So far I have lost 80.
  • meb74
    meb74 Posts: 18
    you could add me!!!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    You can all add me and join the group I just started as well if you want (MFP Friends under Groups in community tab) I just got out of the military. Want to lose around 100lbs. I lost 40 in just over 3 months back in 2009, stayed healthy for a long time but dealing with PTSD and stress when I got back put me in a bad position. However, I know how to lose weight and I can provide answers to a lot of questions that many of you may have in the future.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    My starting weight was 254, current weight is 216, and I'm going for 200lbs (so - 54lbs), though my end goal is 163 (so 91 from start weight, 53 from now)

I will deffinitely send you a friend request! I feel like it's difficult to relate to those who either need to lose very little, or who were already just in the upper end of normal weight, so it will be good to have some where we have similar starts and goals! :D