100 Pounds Gone... Again

Replies

• Thank you guys! The cheerleading is much appreciated. Congrats to everyone who is trying to do it again (and again and again) :)
  • Inspirational!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Wow...that story was great...and cautionary. I have the worst fear of regaining everything when I'm done! So happy to see someone that experienced my fear and bounced back anyway! ALL the kudos!
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Thanks for this. You look amazing and sound so centered about it all!

Now your hip no longer has to be your primary focus, do you think you'll struggle with the continuing journey?
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, you give me hope! I had lost 63 lbs back in 2009 and the weight has magically crept back on over the years. Before mfp I had gained back all but 20 lbs but now I'm down 16 lbs and have 57 more to go til I hit my goal. You're an inspiration!
  • I really don't think so, at this point, just because I do honestly think that diet foods and being obsessive really did a number on me before. That being said, if I do gain it again, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm really content now with knowing my weight isn't the only important thing in my life.
  • VictoriasImage77
    VictoriasImage77 Posts: 18 Member
    Awesome, awesome job!

Truth be told, I'm afriad that the mentality you described is going to affect me as well. I was 125lbs (I'm 5 foot 2 and a half) up until I was about 18 or 19, then I gained 120lbs over a few years. Honestly..I was not a very happy or secure person when I was thin (I also always thought I was fat..how crazy is that?!?!). And guess what..I'm not happy or secure being fat either. I don't think that weight, relationship, job, etc. will make me happy or secure..I think it's something I need to change mentally.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Congratulations on your recovery, and on your weight loss!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Yes, I have to agree with you in all aspects of your story. If you complete obsess about your weight and make it the sole focus of your life, then you have lost all balance in your life. I've done this, three times. Once after having each of my two children and once last year. This year, I'm just focusing on being healthier, making small steps, small goals, getting my life (work/home/church/marriage/etc.) more balanced. With that attitude, I'm only 3 pounds away from my lightest weight last year when my focus was completely on weight loss. My mind is in a much better place, and like you I'm much more fun to be around because I'm not constantly talking about my diet or weight loss.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Great job!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    amazing and inspiring story. You are AWESOME! and thanks...you gave me a kick in the rear to keep on keeping on You have won the lottery! :flowerforyou:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. :flowerforyou:
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Applause...you deserve it!!! Thank you for sharing your incredible story!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    I've never had a large amount of weight to lose, but in undergrad I started having slight back pain that got worse and worse, moved down my leg, and eventually cut off all sensation/function to that leg. I was doing physical therapy, eating well, and basically doing everything I could to keep it from getting worse, but I ended up needing surgery that put me out of commission for a while. Once I started getting better, I also decided to try a Bikram class for a more interesting workout, and now it is a huge part of my life! I go to a great studio that does Bikram classes, as well as a number of other hot yoga classes, and while Im still trying to lose 10-20lbs, I feel pretty great in the meantime! I haven't had any back problems since I started doing yoga regularly, it's such an awesome thing to do for your body :D
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    great job
  • nitterlyn
    nitterlyn Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for sharing:)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Congratulations on exceeding your PT's assessment and congratulations on re-losing. I've yo yo-ed my whole life and finally am dealing with the root of the problem/cause. Thank you for the kind encouragement :)
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    My world. You had me near tears and practically clapping. Congrats to "again". You are the real definition of persistence and continued success. Hugs,
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Incredible and so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • What an amazing journey you have been on. Congratulations on changing your mid-set and achieving your goals!! Keep up the positive attitude and and being continuously mindful :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!