What was your most recent clothing NSV?

Options

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Mine, size 20 Eddie Bauer Jeans that are hand me downs (brand new, hand me downs) from a coworker. When she gave them to me, I couldn't zip them up, and could barely button them. Now, they go on easily even after washing and zip up no problem. I'll be disappointed when they get too big because it's my favorite brand of jeans and I won't want to buy new ones until I'm much closer to goal (they're pretty expensive and I don't want to invest in the brand until I'm pretty sure I'm not going to "under grow" rather than outgrow them).
  • Dellie1989
    Options
    Went into a local clothing shop looking for some size 16 jeans. Couldn't find 16s so I tried on some 14s. They're a little tight, but they fit!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dresses I bought last summer are all way to big now and need to be altered. I went from,a size 20 jeans to a size 14 and I wear a size twelve zip up dress pants! I don't think I've ever worn a size 12! I never even owned a dress almost a year ago when I started this site and hadn't felt comfortable in a dress for many, many years. Now I love wearing a dress! I had to have my rings resized so they wouldn't fall off. I now wear knee high boots and they look good on me. My husband can't stop giving me compliments. :-)
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My bra. Finally got a new bra that isn't trying to cut me in half
  • amazingabby5
    Options
    bought my first size 5/6 jeans, first size 6 dress and first S top all within the last month or two! :D
  • amazingabby5
    Options
    Went into a local clothing shop looking for some size 16 jeans. Couldn't find 16s so I tried on some 14s. They're a little tight, but they fit!

Congrats! best feeling in the world!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wearing a size 12 pants, I haven't been a 12 since before my 22 year daughter was born and the size small belt that I bought in December is too big!
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My dress blues fit like they did when I got it issued them boot camp! We wear them so rarely that there is no reason to buy another if it's just a little snug... mine was plenty uncomfortable. I was dreading wearing it the other day but to my surprise it fit great. Yay!
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My dress blues fit like they did when I got it issued them boot camp! We wear them so rarely that there is no reason to buy another if it's just a little snug... mine was plenty uncomfortable. I was dreading wearing it the other day but to my surprise it fit great. Yay!

I had a love hate feeling about navy boot camp. I should have liked it since I was there for 6 months in the year 2000.To bad I couldn't pass the PT2.The only thing I could not do was run a mile under 11 mins.best time was 11 :42 and I was proud of that.Since I didn't do that they were nice enough to give me a general discharge.I did the test which consisted of push up and sit ups and then a mile and half run over 32 times.At least I never gave up and the one of the drill people said I had done it more times than all of her career.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Wearing a size 12 pants, I haven't been a 12 since before my 22 year daughter was born and the size small belt that I bought in December is too big!

That is so cool!! I'm also at my smallest in about 20 years.

Last night I was at TJ Maxx and two skinny teen/college aged girls (strangers to me) were looking at a rack of dresses on clearance. One girl was saying, "These are so cute but they are all like 14 and 16s...and one 2...what!? Where's a 6, people" and then the other girl exclaimed "$7! No fair!" so I said, ok guys...where are these dresses I gotta check this out ;-) One of the $7 dresses fit perfectly and I bought it. The 2 girls were saying "yay!" at checkout, it was cute. But the best was when I tried it on at home for my husband. He said it looked great on me and that I needed to go look in the mirror immediately. Same visit I found a $10 casual moto jacket in a MEDIUM. I know I'm not a medium and prob never will be, but it looks really good!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    This is huge for me, because I've always been busty. I got fitted today and I down 2 cup sizes! I'm just a D now, used to be DDD. Hooray for my boobs finally shrinking! :happy:
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can see the shape of my Delts through my work shirt in the mirror and I haven't lost any weight.
  • acoons1990
    Options
    Today, for the first time ever, I wore a shirt tucked in by choice.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I'm finally in size S/M scrub pants & size M tops!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    ^i can fit into her pants, but she won't let me. :cry: :sad:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Your story is great! Love fitting into my used to be tight clothes. Wearing them how they are supposed to be and not too tight. My NSV was shopping in the non plus department. Even though I was getting xl I was still happy

Thanks!

And yeah, same here really! I honestly did NOT realize I would ever shop in the non-plus dept and now I'm hardly finding anything plus that works anymore. I'd been wearing plus since my early teens so I would just head for Lane Bryant by that time and didn't want to even bother going to "regular" stores back then...I did not know the regular sizes often go up to 14 or 16. I feel like now I can shop everywhere although it is a little disconcerting at times since I was so familiar with the plus stores (and do still find a few items in that dept sometimes...I am fine with that)

I don't do a whole look of shopping because I have awhile til my goal but I don't know what I would do if I went into the only stores I have seen for years and I didn't fit in there clothes anymore. I guess find some new stores :)
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a Roland Mouret Dress, fit like a glove and looked hot!!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    M "skinny pants" from college (low rise, size 16) that never really fit and now too big. I never did get to wear them.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    NONE.

I've lost 50lbs and am still hovering around my starting clothes size!
    Explain that one.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    My skinny jeans (size 10) I got for Christmas!!