But I don't want to eat another 800 calories.. :/

Options
I'm on a 3500 calorie bulk phase, have been for the last month. I usually leave work with about 1500 calories remaining for the day. Today, I did even better, and only had about 1300 calories remaining. As I sat down to complete my MFP for the night, I realized that I only had one dinner tonight (vs my usual two).. Now its bed time and the only thing I can think is that I don't want to eat another 800 calories... :/

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I was gonna be sarcastic but I kinda know this feeling. Sometimes eating more is much much harder than people give it credit for.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Log this as your intermittent fasting day. :wink: Or just stockpile those calories for 8 shots of Whiskey, Rum or Vodka!

Who suddenly wants to achieve those 800 calories... Hmmm?!?!:drinker:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Looks like you mostly struggle with carbs.

Do you like pastries? They're delicious, carby, and very calorie dense (unfortunately for me). I'd eat lots of croissants, apple and cherry turnovers, cinnamon buns, etc. if i had a 3500 calories allowance.*

Who am I kidding, i do anyways!:grumble:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Edited - replied to the wrong post. Other tab! Other tab! Sorry.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Chinese food... has a notorious habit of making me hungry a couple of hours after woofing down one of their huge salty meals.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    800 calories can sound like a lot if you're not all that hungry, or full even. The good news is there are some really calorie dense foods that can get you there in no time.

In the last year or so, I've heard the phrase, "Are you done eating yet?" many, many times. My post-workout feast can last quite a while.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    this is what we call first world problems.

usually a beer solves my problems. or ice cream. :D
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Then drink them...
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    this is what we call first world problems.

usually a beer solves my problems. or ice cream. :D

Ice cream is what usually puts me over. :laugh: 1 cup is over 300 calories, and I don't like eating just one cup. Now that I log, I don't eat more than one cup at a time.... I hate not gorging on the stuff. heh
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Saw you made solid choices to get some calories in.

Eat more chicken. 2 oz in one meal is a bite; I usually eat 5-6 oz. Peanut Butter? Nut allergy? Add in a few extra eggs and of course ice cream. :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I was gonna be sarcastic but I kinda know this feeling. Sometimes eating more is much much harder than people give it credit for.

This. When I started bulking I was like "YAY, ALL THE FOODS" :bigsmile: :drinker: , and several months later I was like, "ALL the foods?" :sad: :sad: :sad: It really boiled down to force-feeding sometimes. What a weird, weird thing bulking is.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I can easily down 200g of peanut butter (the all-natural, organic yada yada) kind in one sitting without it touching the sides - that's 1200kcal there easily.
    This might be counter-intuitive for you lifting aficionados - maybe a bit of cardio? Unlike some others, after a good run it's a struggle not to raid the fridge.
    I would argue against eating more chicken/lean protein which increases satiety. If you just want to get the calories in then you probably need to go down the simple carbs route (bread, pasta, white rice etc).
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bulking is much harder than people think that haven't tried. But, you have to force it down if that what you want to do.
    This. When I started bulking I was like "YAY, ALL THE FOODS" , and several months later I was like, "ALL the foods?" It really boiled down to force-feeding sometimes. What a weird, weird thing bulking is.

This. I will be happy the day I can reduce my calories from 3000. I don't know how the men do it.
  • Craiger888
    Options
    I can totally relate to what youre saying. I take a weight gain shake if I need fast calories. Latley Ive been using Mutant Mass although I only take a half serving which gives me 550 calories. The shake with 4 eggs and a bagel takes me beyond what I need for caloric intake. Eggs are easy and quik. Hope this helps.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing a weight gainer/casein/milk shake which gave me another 500 calories and some long lasting protein to get me through the night. I literally paced around the kitchen trying to think of a carb-full way to get the last 300.. and ended up just going to bed. Regretfully, I've been below my calorie goals on 4 out of the last 6 days this week... and what were steady gains for the last 4 weeks have turned into loss this week of 2.2lbs..

Oh, the misery and pain of the gain..
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    McDonalds chocolate milk shake, 850 easy calories.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Toast and butter!

Pastries!

Everyone's saying eggs, but as someone who's aiming to lose weight, I use eggs for that. They fill you up. Not great for cramming in the calories. You need high-calorie, low-satiety foods, surely? I'd say a judicious combination of carbs and fat is the answer. It's how I got where I am today ;-)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Eat 15 Oreos. 800 calories will be gone.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Also, buttery popcorn, biscuits (cookies), crisps (chips), sugary drinks, ice cream, cake, milkshakes.

I'm naming my chief vices, which could become your chief virtues.

I realise when bulking you probably need to eat a lot of protein at the same time, which is probably what makes it so hard. Those of us who have effortlessly gained more weight than we wanted to did not do it on a high protein diet!