Who else is excited for the OLYMPICS?

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I am so excited for the Olympics to start in Sochi this week! Who else? :drinker: What are your favorite events, and what are you most looking forward to?

The Olympics are always my favorite thing every 2 years. I love both the summer and winter games. My favorite sports are snowboarding (all the events), figure skating, hockey, and aerial skiing, but I'll watch anything.

Let's keep political discussions and other non-games related discussions out of this thread please. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Aquamum9
    Options
    I thought I was the only one pumped for the Olympics!!! Yes, bring them on, I cannot wait. I love the fact that no matter what time of day it is, there will be some awesome sporting event to watch. I am up at various times due to being a college student and having an 18 month old. Even better, they start on my birthday. :smile:

I love both winter and summer, but tend to be particularly fond of winter. Maybe it has to do with growing up playing the EPYX Winter Games on my Commodore 64 when I was little!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :flowerforyou:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited about the Olympics. Looking forward to being amazed by the brilliant athletes that compete. I'm a big fan of speed skating, so I've actually taken days off work so I can watch it!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Russia, huh.
    Hmmm..

Eh, I'll still watch.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Glad there are others that love the Olympics as much as I do! I'm so excited.

For those of you who live in the US and have cable, NBC made an app that is going to show a lot of the events live, even when their TV stations aren't. It's called NBC Live Extra. Check it out if you want to be sure to catch all the events! :flowerforyou:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited for the Olympics. Total Olympic junkie. The tv will be on 24/7 as of today. I am watching the snowboarding qualifying right now!

I will watch everything. But since I grew up figure skating and there are some people competing, and medal contenders, in the men's event from the club where I still skate totally watching skating.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I stayed up til about 2:30am last night watching the men's snowboarding slopestyle qualifiers live. Very sleepy this morning, but I don't care. I live for this time every 2 years. :laugh:

Can't wait for the figure skating live this morning!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Who is getting ready to watch the opening ceremony? Are you doing anything special? I'm having a friend over, and we're having beer and pizza and snacks, and dressing up in our team gear. My friend competes for Australia, so at during the Olympics I become an honorary Aussie. :laugh:
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Watching all this figure skating has me lusting for the rink! I used to ice skate as a kid, and get on the ice maybe once a year. But this Olympics it has me super inspired to get back out there just for the exercise.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Curling :) can't wait to see some Curling, LOL
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    the only thing I care about is hockey

Canada will win and everyone else will cry

if not I will cry
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the figure skating and snowboarding because I do both!

Fun Fact! one of the coaches at the rink I train at is part of the team GB figure skating team!
  • rcl198923
    Options
    I love it all!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love the olympics. With them being held in my favorite country I am totally loving this year even more. Then the next ones being heldin beautiful Rio. These atheletes (winter and summer) are so lucky.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i love watching ice skating, hockey and speed skating.

i also decided that once i reach goal weight i want to learn speed skating . i dont want to start now because trust me, noone needs to see me head to toe in spandex looking an oompaloompa on skates
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Since I'm up watching the Olympics and it's after midnight, will do my workouts after midnight for the next few nights!
    Turn the volume on the tv low and the disc on my laptop high.
    Got a great workout and the time went by fast!:smile::smile:
    Go USA!!!:bigsmile:
  • renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go, Canada, Go.

All events, especially figure skating, gymnastics, hockey, snowboard, and downhill skiing.
  • renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    the only thing I care about is hockey

Canada will win and everyone else will cry

if not I will cry
    [/quote/]
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm not watching it as a protest at the way Russia treats its LGBT community. A great pity as I enjoy the Olympics but there you go.
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them, I watch pretty much everything other than skating
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    it s great..

loving the theme t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUebyWLzghk