Eggs in a muffin pan...

Options
I'm eating one right now and it's sooooooooo yum, I just had to share.

I beat six eggs and poured them equally into 5 muffin cups (spray them with oil or they will stick)

I put only bacon in mine.

My daughter had banana peppers and grated cheese.

Preheat oven 375 and bake for 20 min.
You can even freeze them for another day!!

Replies

• Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    sounds good!!
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    sounds good!!

It really was good! I'm going to make more and freeze them and see how they turn out. Eggs for breakfast at work would be nice for a change :smile:
  • fitcrystal1121
    fitcrystal1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    do you cook the bacon then put it in there or do you just put raw bacon in there and the oven cooks it?
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    do you cook the bacon then put it in there or do you just put raw bacon in there and the oven cooks it?

I put it in raw.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I've done things like this before, and I always cook the bacon first. It doesn't get that crispy bacon texture without pan-cooking (or if you have one of those weird microwave bacon trays that my mother uses). If you put it in there without cooking it first, it doesn't render. The oven will cook it so that it's safe to eat, but it won't be typical bacon.

ETA: Haha, obviously it can be done either way!
  • clodia2
    Options
    I do something similar... Egg White, Spinach, mushroom, turkey pepperoni and cheese.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do something similar, just had it for breakfast this morning. Take your slice of bacon (after spraying with non stick spray) and make a ring in the muffin tin, and then just crack an egg into each one instead of beating them. Then after it's done cooking we sprinkle a little cheddar on top. Sometimes we cook the bacon about halfway done before putting it in the tin, it will come out more crispy then if you put it in raw.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm putting eggs on my grocery list.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas!!
  • ttidwell81
    ttidwell81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is the calories?
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    What is the calories?

I figured one muffin cup to be 1 1/2 eggs and only 1/4 bacon was used. I used six eggs and filled 5 muffin cups.

Also, it depends on what else you use.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds awesome! I'm so going to try this, thanks!
  • skinnyfat1982
    skinnyfat1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try adding ground turkey sausage too!
  • Sis359
    Sis359 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just made some with Oscar Mayer real bacon bits and some shredded mozzerella cheese. They turned out great! Thanks for the idea! :love:
  • ttidwell81
    ttidwell81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • kerryforward
    kerryforward Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Is this truly good once frozen? I made ham, egg and cheese English muffins, and I cooked the eggs in muffin tins. Then I wrapped the sandwiches in wax paper and froze them. When I go to reheat them in the microwave, I cook at 40% power for 90 seconds and then 30 seconds at full power, and the egg comes out spongey and dripping in water. It is not very appetizing.

Has anyone actually tried freezing and reheating these egg muffins? Any advice?
  • Chellebear01
    Chellebear01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made these with diced chicken, pico de gallo and fat free sharp cheddar. My son and I both loved them. I am not sure how well the freeze as we went through them in two days. As for calories it really depends on how many you make and what you put in them. The next round I think will be ham and cheese.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Is this truly good once frozen? I made ham, egg and cheese English muffins, and I cooked the eggs in muffin tins. Then I wrapped the sandwiches in wax paper and froze them. When I go to reheat them in the microwave, I cook at 40% power for 90 seconds and then 30 seconds at full power, and the egg comes out spongey and dripping in water. It is not very appetizing.

I have not done these eggs BUT I have done ham and that was my experience. So, maybe it was your ham? Was it like real ham or luncheon meat/deli ham?
  • kerryforward
    kerryforward Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I have not done these eggs BUT I have done ham and that was my experience. So, maybe it was your ham? Was it like real ham or luncheon meat/deli ham?

I used Canadian bacon. Maybe I'll try these again and leave them in the fridge rather than sticking them in the freezer. It's something about freezing/unfreezing that messes with the water content and makes it yucky.
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've made these with 1/2 whole egg and 1/2 egg white. Took 8 eggs for 6 muffin cups. AMAZING! I added diced jalepenos and bacos.