why people shy of sharing their dairy?

Options

Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my food dairy.

The only thing on MyFitnessPal.com that I keep private is my personal blog entries.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    meh

Now I want a milkshake....
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Share don't share it's all personal preference - personally making my diet public keeps me more accountable about my food

This. I think I'm more likely to be self controlled because my diary is open. I like my friends food diaries to be open too, otherwise you just make some bland, non-specific comment when they finish logging for the day. I'm never judgemental (unless someone is following a VLC regime, I did unfriend someone who was consistently eating less than 1000 calories a day) and I'm not bothered if I get the occasional critisism of my cake and biscuit habit. I haven't ever had a problem to be honest :smile:
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Check mine out. Its the bomb! :explode:
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yeah but they do.
    Meh. Introverts versus extroverts.

Yep. I'm self-conscious about eating even with real life friends, and even if it's healthy!

Silly but meh, we have a choice for a reason.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Part of my disordered eating involved being embarrassed about what and when I ate.
    I keep my diary open nowadays as part of a deal I've made not to be ashamed of my food choices no matter how weird they may look.
    I can understand others' reasons for privacy. Having said that, so far no one has judged my eating habits. My friends list is great :) In the past when I posted the odd 'wah can't control my diet/lose weight' stuff on the forums, I always got helpful advice and suggestions and never any snark or nastiness.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. Honestly, I'm too lazy to go back and change my settings. If you WANT to see/judge what I am eating, then just friend me on here. I don't log on my "cheat days" (ok, this was a "cheat weekend") anyway (again...too lazy), so I'm not self-conscious...
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Because its good for my t-zone. Duh!

TYep1.gif
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have open diaries have that MFP given right.

If someone asks for dieting/exercise advice, I can understand how an open diary can be useful for those giving the advice, but opening the diary is still voluntary.

I have not asked for advice and have an MFP given right to have a closed diary, blog, profile and anything else on this website, however, almost every day someone poses the question asking why my diary is closed. I feel pressured to open up what I consider private. Not because I am ashamed of my eating or exercise habits, not because I am afraid of criticism, but because those are my boundaries and I believe they should be respected. Whom I allow into my personal space (in this case, my food/exercise diary) is still my choice. I have not seen one post asking why others open their diary, I do not believe those of us choosing to have closed diaries or diaries opened only to chose people, should be questioned.

I like MFP because it's a little more adaptable than some of the other food/exercise log websites, but no other website I've been on has allowed this kind of questioning. I don't understand why I have to defend my position when I've never asked you to defend yours.

My food log, blog and profile are private - for my eyes only, unless I decide to change it. Period.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    meh

Now I want a milkshake....
    Not many seem to get it :grumble:
    (This has silently become a "loose" vs "lose" thread... :angry: :angry: :angry: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't like other people's spit in my milkshakes. My own spit is enough to deal with.
  • MsBluelipstick
    Options
    Because I log everything under breakfast

I eat weird, like I will have 5 bananas in one day

So no one would really benefit from it anyways
  • Cool_Ginger
    Cool_Ginger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ermergerd! I'm lactose intolerant and too much moo will make me poo! That being said I really want a blizzard with mint Oreo...like I could gnaw off my husband's arm for one...I wonder how many calories there are in a big ol' bite of hubby...and no I won't share.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    They will judge you on your diary just as fast as they judge you on your spelling
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Because...
    tumblr_lmdo20xZiW1qbwnvzo1_500.gif#joey%20doesn%27t%20share%20food%20gif%20500x307
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    They will judge you on your diary just as fast as they judge you on your spelling
    Because loose vs lose.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Because loose vs lose.

LOL yep
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    giphy.gif
    I was hoping someone would post this.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    "Cause city folk have no idea how to milk a cow and tend to scare the chickens