T25...starting Monday, January 13th

Options

Replies

• _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good job! My parents are in the city and I don't have enough time between work and supper to do my last day of alpha so I will be doing it tomorrow (I'm sure I'll gain 4 lbs by tomorrow morning)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    TBC and Ab Intervals done. I struggled with Abs, if I get up too fast for the cardio recovery I always feel a bit dizzy and today was slightly worse because of TOM, so I had to hit pause a few times. Nevermind :)
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just finished the stretch video after some Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and I feel awesome. Week one of Beta done! No weight loss in the first week, but some inches movement. I wasn't eating the greatest (thanks a lot, leftover Super Bowl party cheesecake!) so hopefully next time I weigh in I'll see some movement. Even if I lose five pounds total with Beta, that will put me in the 160s for the first time in ages and I will be thrilled. :)
  • truff810
    truff810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been a member of myfitnesspal for some time but never posted! Our T25 just arrived yesterday and My wife and I are planning on starting Monday(tomorrow)! My question is that I see everyone says they wanna join the T25 group. Is it on this topic that were in now or is there an actual group that we join? I need much motivation as possible to succeed!

Thanks,
    Tony

From michigan
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Beta tomorrow! I'm pretty excited to have some new workouts, and I am all too happy to say goodbye to total body circuit... I heard the second month is much more strength-based, so I'm worried I won't be burning many calories, but we'll see.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Beta tomorrow! I'm pretty excited to have some new workouts, and I am all too happy to say goodbye to total body circuit... I heard the second month is much more strength-based, so I'm worried I won't be burning many calories, but we'll see.

I hear you on the Total Body! I hated it so much. As for calories burned, I burn more with Speed 2.0 than with any of the other T25 workouts. Upper Focus and Dynamic Core are not as high, in the same way that ab intervals was in Alpha.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    Today is Aldo say 1 of beta for me! I'm hoping to see results. If not, I think I will cry and go to the doctor!!
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    Maybe someone here can offer advice

My TDEE-25%=1900ish

Is this what I'm supposed to be eating? My bmr is 1600ish
  • sbarella
    Options
    Maybe someone here can offer advice

My TDEE-25%=1900ish

Is this what I'm supposed to be eating? My bmr is 1600ish
    From what I've read on the interwebz TDEE-25% is pretty aggressive but it really depends on how you feel about it.

(I can't believe I have only ONE Total Body Circuit left... I'm almost crying. I'm pretty sure I'll find something else to hate in Beta, though. Just reading "Upper focus" makes my arms burn.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    well TDEE - 20% is 2000 calories... I haven't eaten that many calories in..... like 3 years, since before I tried to lose weight!

I accidentally skipped my last TBC and lower focus. Got busy on Friday with my parents and my bf ended up not having to work so we spent time together and I fell asleep on the couch Sunday for like 3 hours and ran out of time...
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    And ...... Beta week 1 day 1....... Omg!! Core cardio was hard!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 2
    Total Body Circuit

Doing this around 2pm today...... AHH found the first total body one quite difficult! Wish me luck!
  • sbarella
    Options
    W5D4 Cardio done and nailed it (sort of). Beta, I'm coming :)
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 2
    Total Body Circuit

Doing this around 2pm today...... AHH found the first total body one quite difficult! Wish me luck!

Good luck! It gets easier
    W5D4 Cardio done and nailed (sort of). Beta, I'm coming :)

That is awesome that you're nailing it!!! I can tell I have built endurance and strength because I was doing the burpees in core cardio but nowhere near nailing anything lol
  • LuvonLuv
    Options
    The last week of alpha has 3 total body circuits and Friday is total body AND lower focus.... Not exciting to come back to lol

3 in one week. Ugh. That is just cruel and unusual punishment. I see much procrastination in my future. lol I'll have to remind myself, its only 25 minutes.

You made me laugh cause last week I was saying that of all the workouts, I totally hate the total body. To my surprise, I started week 5 and total body on Monday, and I actually found total body so much easier than previous weeks, that I can say that I like the workout. Whao!
  • sbarella
    Options
    YAY! I've finished Alpha!

I'll take some measurements tomorrow.

I haven't lost any weight, but that's MY fault. Long story short, I had too many cheat meals (80% of them unwanted) that negated my small calorie deficit. I will definitely try to adjust my intake in March: the next two weeks will be hectic for me, I may even have to skip a few workouts and I don't want to add more stress. Plus, I've been switching to a new birth control pill and maybe my body needs some time to adapt.

Anyway, I'm definitely seeing more definition (especially in my arms) and, most of all, I FEEL better. I was super out of shape and I nearly died after my first cardio, now I can finish every workout with only a few modifications.

Thank you all guys even if if you probably think you did nothing, without this group I would've fallen off the wagon a while ago :flowerforyou:

I can't wait to start Beta!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The last week of alpha has 3 total body circuits and Friday is total body AND lower focus.... Not exciting to come back to lol

3 in one week. Ugh. That is just cruel and unusual punishment. I see much procrastination in my future. lol I'll have to remind myself, its only 25 minutes.

You made me laugh cause last week I was saying that of all the workouts, I totally hate the total body. To my surprise, I started week 5 and total body on Monday, and I actually found total body so much easier than previous weeks, that I can say that I like the workout. Whao!

That's impressive. I think the way I WAS progressing I would have had a similar experience but regretfully I took 2 weeks off instead of one and starting week 5 with total body circuit with that much time off was do-able but boy did I feel it. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back to where I was so I can jump into beta with confidence.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I haven't lost any weight, but that's MY fault. Long story short, I had too many cheat meals (80% of them unwanted) that negated my small calorie deficit. I will definitely try to adjust my intake in March: the next two weeks will be hectic for me, I may even have to skip a few workouts and I don't want to add more stress. Plus, I've been switching to a new birth control pill and maybe my body needs some time to adapt.

Anyway, I'm definitely seeing more definition (especially in my arms) and, most of all, I FEEL better. I was super out of shape and I nearly died after my first cardio, now I can finish every workout with only a few modifications.

Thank you all guys even if if you probably think you did nothing, without this group I would've fallen off the wagon a while ago :flowerforyou:

A big congratulations on finishing Alpha! Hows the beta going?
  • sbarella
    Options

A big congratulations on finishing Alpha! Hows the beta going?
    After Day 1 of Beta I had to take a short break because of lower back pain. I'm terrible at sitting down properly and basically I injured myself while studying! I kept myself active with some walking and stretching, I hope to get back to 100% soon :)
    Core Cardio was a blast anyway. I love the new moves! :flowerforyou:
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I'm on my second week of Beta and really prefer it to Alpha. Probably because there's strength training, which I've always preferred to cardio. Speed 2.0 is no joke, though! It was nice to feel sore again, I always get concerned when I'm not sore after working out hard, like I didn't do quite as much as I thought I did, know what I mean? The calorie burn for me in Beta is less than Alpha though (my calorie burn is lower than most for some reason, I'm usually happy to break 200 in any given workout), I'm guessing because there's less cardio overall in Beta so I'm hoping the lack of burn evens out with muscle building.