Ive lost 15lbs in 4 weeks

Options
I have lost 15lbs or 1 stone 1 pound for us English. My tip and this is from a man who love chocolate more than breathing... Leave sweet foods out completely, DO NOT have sweetener in your drinks. Once you get the taste for sweet stuff you cant resist it..

Walking is your best friend, I walk 2 or 3 lunch times now a week up 3 miles each.

2 more stone to go or 28 pound if your that way inclined.

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Iike to talk in "stones" ;-)

Well done deary! *hugs*
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    P.s. how do you cope re chocolate? Do you factor it in to your calorie allowance?
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    great job :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Congrats. But in reality one doesn't have to give up sweets. They just need to make sure that they don't surpass their daily calorie allowance.
    Dropping sugar from the diet will result in significant weight loss because glycogen levels will drop dramatically. And since it takes water to store glycogen in cells, water weight will reduce too. The opposite happens when sugar is reintroduced to the diet.
    Again, if you continue on this pathway, congrats.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BlessedMom78
    BlessedMom78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My father lost over 300lbs and he said the same thing, he just never touched sweets and it worked for him. Me, not so much, I will have a proportioned WW ice cream dish once in a while.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Good job! :-)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I lost 17pds in 4 weeks. Ate dessert every night!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive feed back.
    I know you don't have to give up sweet things, but as I got massive daily cravings after having sugary foods, I know this would have been my own down fall, I'm not saying its suited to every one, but the cravings are my down fall.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • WSLoJo08
    Options
    I am right there with you. If I do not touch sweets and I leave them alone, the cravings subside and I can stay on target. If I put one piece of fantastic dark chocolate in my mouth, I will go after the rest of the bar and want more. You know what is good for you! :smile:
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Had a bad week of takeaway food & chocolate put on 2 lbs as I had to cook for my self this week. Start again tomorrow Monday as I'm going to enjoy falling off the wagon and have a curry tonight then back to fish & veg....
  • WannaLookGudNiv
    WannaLookGudNiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats :) I completely agree with you! But my case was a little different. I am not a fan of chocolates/candies. However I love chips and puffed cheese snacks. I gave them up completely and that has really helped! :)
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the great work. You see your issues and are learning from them, good on you!
  • AnnieAustineer
    AnnieAustineer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Agree wholeheartedly with the chocolate problem - I have very little willpower and find it impossible to eat just a small portion of my favourite Galaxy bar. I find it much easier just to stay away completely!
  • shelleypetro3
    Options
    Great job! Losing weight is difficult for alot of people. I've just lost about 20lbs the first 3 weeks into my diet. Still have about 40 or so to go. If you want to here what i did you can email me. Good luck! Stay motivated.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    great job! i stopped drinking coca-cola and i lost 10 lbs without doing anything....sugar kills
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congrats and that is sooo true,.....if u feel thats the best way for you to lose and it has worked for you...dont let anyone tell you otherwise....not everything works for everyone ....im still trying to find what will work for me
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Edited because hit reply, not quote.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!