Stuck for WEEKS of no loss....help! Diary is open!

Options
2»

Replies

• martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe start tracking your sodium. So many "healthy" food items have a ton of sodium. Ihave an issue with sodium at times.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    But if the box says a serving is 3/4 of a cup...how do I know how many grams that should be?
    [/quote]

Usually in parentheses right after the 3/4 cup you'll see the grams.
    [/quote]
    Ahh...just looked at that. I had a DUH moment. Lol
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever eaten a lean cuisine meal.. But yes, when it says chili, soup, tuna salad, etc. those are my recipes.

Sorry! It was the Salad Additions, chicken and cranberry thing that caught my eye, but you're right they're not the meals. I didn't look carefully enough and thought I'd found the culprit!

Keep at it, but see what happens when you weigh everything. I suspect you're eating more than you think.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    I don't think I've ever eaten a lean cuisine meal.. But yes, when it says chili, soup, tuna salad, etc. those are my recipes.

Sorry! It was the Salad Additions, chicken and cranberry thing that caught my eye, but you're right they're not the meals. I didn't look carefully enough and thought I'd found the culprit!

Keep at it, but see what happens when you weigh everything. I suspect you're eating more than you think.
    Ha ha! Thanks, I will start putting everything in my scale. Hopefully that's it!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely say get a food scale and start weighing your portions. Last night was my first night using my new scale, and it was an eye-opener for me. I served myself what I thought were the correct portions of chicken meatloaf and mashed potatoes, then weighed the portions. I would have eaten 2 ounces more potatoes than are in a serving and almost 3 ounces of meatloaf. Clearly that's why my weight loss has slowed a lot.

Keep working at hitting your macros. You're consistently under on your protein goals (sometimes by a lot) and often a little over on your carbs. I'd say cut back on some of the carbs you eat and try to get more protein, whether it's larger servings of meat at meals or snacks like hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese.

Also, you should be eating back at least some of your exercise calories. Otherwise, you might not be netting enough calories to meet your basic caloric needs. That could mess up your metabolism, too.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    I'd definitely say get a food scale and start weighing your portions. Last night was my first night using my new scale, and it was an eye-opener for me. I served myself what I thought were the correct portions of chicken meatloaf and mashed potatoes, then weighed the portions. I would have eaten 2 ounces more potatoes than are in a serving and almost 3 ounces of meatloaf. Clearly that's why my weight loss has slowed a lot.

Keep working at hitting your macros. You're consistently under on your protein goals (sometimes by a lot) and often a little over on your carbs. I'd say cut back on some of the carbs you eat and try to get more protein, whether it's larger servings of meat at meals or snacks like hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese.

Also, you should be eating back at least some of your exercise calories. Otherwise, you might not be netting enough calories to meet your basic caloric needs. That could mess up your metabolism, too.
    Wow! I will def start using my scale. I have to use a digital scale for my daughter, and only sometimes use it for me...I will now use it all the time for me. I just might have a hard time now knowing the serving size when entering my own recipes....I do have a hard time with protein...I know I won't get anywhere close to hitting my protein goals when exercising. I just don't know how to do all that while staying within range of my goals.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    JagerLewis...

I also have a hard time eating back my protein. I'm not into the protein shakes & protein bars are so expensive to buy and eat once a day. There is only so much meat, peanut butter, and eggs a girl can eat!! lol

Any one have any other suggestions? I am usually around average 30 lower than my macro is set at.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    JagerLewis...

I also have a hard time eating back my protein. I'm not into the protein shakes & protein bars are so expensive to buy and eat once a day. There is only so much meat, peanut butter, and eggs a girl can eat!! lol

Any one have any other suggestions? I am usually around average 30 lower than my macro is set at.
    I hear ya! It's so hard for me to stay within calorie goal and hit my high protein goal AND fiber goal. I don't know how anyone can do this perfectly!
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting heavy weights? My phsyique completely changed when I consistently started lifting weights. At that point you can tell inches lost since the number on the scale might not budge. Good luck!
  • cousa87
    cousa87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just had Three weeks of no loss. And today, overnight, 2 pounds. It's Weird but I guess It's Like Walking Down the stairs..
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Just had Three weeks of no loss. And today, overnight, 2 pounds. It's Weird but I guess It's Like Walking Down the stairs..
    Good for you! Hopefully this means you're out of your stall!!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you need to kick up your exercise a notch or two. If you are doing the same things as before you are burning less calories as you are exercising with 40 less pounds..... Increase time /distance/weights.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you are doing the same things as before you are burning less calories as you are exercising with 40 less pounds..... Increase time /distance/weights.

^^agree. Switch up what you're doing. Add running or biking or swimming or something new.