A year from now.. Where do you want your life to be?

13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'd like to be pregnant or at least trying. Able to comfortably squat my body weight (I'm so close). Able to run 8 miles.

A little more emotionally balanced, a little smarter in the way I approach goals and obstacles.

And, you know, a millionaire :wink:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    on a deserted Mexican island with Maria and Gabriela

Dude, I don't even know you.

My answer: I have no fahking clue. Just in a better place than today.
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    In a year from now I will be married and would like for us to have our own place, hopefully a new job, credit card paid off (already working on this one), and to have reached my goal of 50 lbs lost.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    I'd like to be living somewhere else, but not sure where. This area of NY is so expensive, and the cost of living in this area continues to increase every year (we're 28% above the average cost of living in the US the last time I checked). Not opposed to moving somewhere crazy far away.

I've also given myself an ultimatum for work. By the time I turn 25 in a year and 3 months, I would like to be working somewhere else. While my current position is quite unique, it's not something I enjoy doing on a day to day basis, and I'm not happy here. It pays the bills (for now), but the BS that goes on in the upper management is slowly driving me crazy. I can't see myself in this field forever, and I want to put the expensive college degree in linguistics/speech pathology to more use.

I'd also like to be at my goal weight. And continue paying off credit cards and paying as much as I can into my savings & my 401K account so that I can be a rich old lady someday. :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I'd like to be living somewhere else, but not sure where. This area of NY is so expensive, and the cost of living in this area continues to increase every year (we're 28% above the average cost of living in the US the last time I checked). Not opposed to moving somewhere crazy far away.

AMEN!!! I want out of here badly. :drinker:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member

AMEN!!! I want out of here badly. :drinker:

Are you in this area too? I'm in Dutchess Co., work in Orange County. It's awful, isn't it? :laugh:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Not bald. attractive and cybernetically enhanced...I guess the last one is possible.
    yQmuWHi.jpg
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    A year from now - well, I'd like to be pretty close to my goal weight (whatever I decide that should be). I'd like to be planning a trip to Ireland (for the 4th time). I want to be out of my wheelchair and active, walking again. I want to be enjoying retirement, with still having a few temporary jobs here and there just to bring in a bit of extra money. I'd love to have my car paid off (but that probably won't happen!). I want to be able to travel and see more of the US and the world. There's so much, actually, that I want - but I also need to start now! Living life today, not waiting for tomorrow hoping that I'll get to do any of these things. Planning on them, not just wishing for them.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Spending the year at home with my healthy 6 month old baby. I would like to be back to where I was physically, fitnesswise, or have a good start on my way there.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Not bald. attractive and cybernetically enhanced...I guess the last one is possible.
    yQmuWHi.jpg

Very possible!
  • aapmal
    aapmal Posts: 11
    A year from now I hope to reach my goal weight or pass it. Hopefully my motivation is just as high as it is now :) I'm also hoping to finish up my degree by then as well.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    A year from now I want to:

-Have a new job
    -Be working toward my NY State Guide License
    -Actively pursuing my Catskills 3500 Club membership
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Why do I find these kinds of questions so hard??? I've never been able to make plans for the future very well, and my goal is usually intrapersonal, like, I just want to be a good person, have more patience, be more cheery, convey my love and appreciation more to the important people in my life. Other than those kinds of things, I guess I'd like buns of steel - my own or DHs! I can't get him to do squats so I guess I better go do them myself.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I want to be a caseworker, be looking to buy a house, and be planning my wedding (finally) and maybe even looking forward to being a Mom again. yeah I am nuts

i keep responding to the post and forget to put it in the topic.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    A year from now I pray I'll be;

Single and happy or in a relationship and happy.
    At my goal weight...though I think I'll be there sooner rather than later.
    In grad school doing GREAT, or in the AF DEP waiting for basic.
    Able to run/jog 2 miles under 17 minutes.
    Have increased muscle endurance.
    Have a relationship with God and a better prayer life.
    Have 10,000+ dollars in savings.
  • Toned
    Fit
    190 lbs.
    In a loving relationship
    Living somewhere nice and hot
    Healthy
    Happy