Seriously.

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I could make the value meals in the first pic for about $8.

So, cooking is cheaper than going to a restaurant. This is true.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I just went to the store today and a gallon of skim milk was $3.48 for the walmart brand? These prices are wayyyy off, jus sayin. =]
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    God now I want pizza. SERIOUSLY.

Thanks for prompting me to eat everything today and get FATTER.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,999 Member
    Options
    OH. Well, I left Indiana and Ohio 35 years ago for the West Coast. Would not go back and would rather pay the higher prices out here than live there.

So, there is that.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yeah... if we could shop in 1970! :huh: Those prices are SO out of date. And, you can get two Whoppers for $5 at my local BK.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I WISH chicken breasts were 2 bucks for 2 lbs. Try 15 bucks!
  • saffron981
    saffron981 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Prices for the groceries are WAY off. Not sure about the Whopper meals.....
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    2 lbs of chicken breast for under $2?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Indiana is boring, to be fair.

But there's a Burger King down the street. I think it needs me...away!! *superhero whoosh*
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Now I want KFC thanks! Luckily my laziness is going to win out cause that would require leaving the house.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'll still take the pizza over anything else. Unless it's fried chicken. In that case, I'll have both.
  • spunk_master_flex
    Options
    Clearly not purchased in Upstate NY.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'll still take the pizza over anything else. Unless it's fried chicken. In that case, I'll have both.

Restaurant near my house does a fried chicken finger pizza. It's as good as it sounds.
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    today Milk was 2.99 gallon, strawberries 2 lbs 5 bucks 85/15 ground beef 3.49 lb thats all the memory I have for the grocery store.
    yesterdays lunch was 1/3 lb burger from fudruckers *2 and one order onion rings and two sweet potato fries for 27 bucks. Great lunch. ramble ramble.. lol
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    2lbs of chicken breast for 2 bucks? I live in Alabama (pretty cheap state) and Wal-Mart sells its chicken breast for 1.99/lb and that's with 15% chicken broth added...

For 20 bucks you can get 18 burgers from checkers, though.

Here in CT, store brand packed chicken is 3.99$/lb
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you shop sales, its not too bad... But, food is getting ridiculously expensive.
    For my family of 4, BK on an average visit is $22.
    I can easily buy 2-3 days worth of groceries for $22.
    I can get frozen veggies for less than a $1 (though, its usually peas or green beans).
    Milk, though, I almost never buy. I buy almond or coconut milk though, and that is expensive. But, I have a child with afood allergy, and both he and I have Celiac. So, I mostly buy whole foods. I make all our bread products. I spend approx. $120/week on groceries. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, but that's about my average. We go through about 3 dozen eggs a week.
    I'm in Minnesota. Milk is $3.99/gal. Beef is $3.68/lb. Chicken is up there too. I buy in bulk, and freeze it in servings. Same with veggies. Buy when its on sale.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I could make the value meals in the first pic for about $8.

So, cooking is cheaper than going to a restaurant. This is true.
    You are totally right ! The main problem with these picture , it compares 2 totally different things.

The unhealthy food pictured is ready to eat because other people already put work into, and you paying for their work.
    The healthy options are raw, and needs to put into considerable amount of work.

Beside all those healthy options they picked the dirt cheapest option that only available at the cheapest store at the cheapest state, at the peak season at biggest discount. While they picked a rather expensive pizza.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    These comparisons always seem to forget about the dollar menu. And $.50 hamburger day.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    not gonna lie. I'd pay $20 for the whopper.