Replies

• hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I use them like burger buns instead of bread - drizzle with the tiniest bit of olive oil and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.

I love this idea!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Roast the portabello with a some olive oil spray and salt/pepper. While that is roasting I saute some chopped onion, garlic, spinach and mushrooms. Then I add some ricotta cheese to mixture and stuff the roasted portabello. Yummy!
  • monap75
    monap75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I liked them grilled and use in place of burgers. Also use them as pizzas
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    "Portobello steaks" marinade the caps in balsamic vinaigrette and mustard. let it sit in the refig for an hour min and just cook on stove or on grill lol those are good :D you can pair it with veggies salad or rice or something lol
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    I must try the spinach artichoke dip stuffed ones..........drool drips down chin.......mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump. These recipes sound so good.
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump yum
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I take the gills and stems off, then marinate them and some red onions for a few hours in balsamic vinegar dressing. Italian dressing is really nice too, but I don't use it quite as much on the grill because of flareups. After a few hours, I drain them, put a little dressing in the cap, and then place the onions inside the cap and grill until soft, wrinkly, and so so juicy. I serve with a young greens salad and some kind of citrus fruit to cut the oil.